1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Now you can earn from your Swiki

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by wissam, Aug 20, 2006.

1. Nerz

Nerz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Ive got my own swicki going as well...Didnt get the title I wanted (very nice keywords of course) but I got something very close :)

I think the whole premise is pretty good, and if you can get enough sites displaying your swicki on there site...enough backlinks, it could do really well for you.

The trick is:

a) How to market it. I plan to contact a few related blogs and see if there interested.
    b) Guess I need to point out the positives at the top of the Swicki which means some customization.

Wissam are you flying solo atm, or do you have some regular contributors on board?

Nerz, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  2. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am flying solo and I'm proud of being alone lol .

wissam, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  3. Nerz

Nerz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What about the issue of having a whole heap of defunct swickis taking up useful titles? Have they said there going to do a clean out at some point

Nerz, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  4. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Swicki can handle saving all those swickis for now, they may clean out non-indexed swickis and small old swickis that not used anymore, swicki is making tons per day just by sharing revenue with us, they give the tool and we do the work and get 50/50 .

wissam, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  5. blackbug

blackbug Peon

Best Answers:
    I got a few pages indexed in google, but I don't know if they're seeing any traffic. What is driving traffic to it is putting it on a high traffic site. I'm not saying that to show off :) But it's amazing what keyword research I've been able to do.

People are coming to my site for info, not finding it, then telling me excactly what they wanted by searching in the swicki! Priceless!!!

I'll be adding content to my site to match what people actually want very very soon... and into the future.

blackbug, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  6. Nerz

Nerz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    See that is really really useful :) and that could apply to basically any broadly informational website. Can anyone tell me though why on http://www.sitefiend.com, the search label and text box completely overstretch to the right hand side. I sent a support message in...but no reply yet. Some sort of CSS conflict or something?

Nerz, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  7. jedweb

jedweb Peon

Best Answers:
    For some reason my swiki (which I've had for over a year) only displays the public service ads. Adsense on my actual sites works fine but my swiki results page continues to only show public service. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I doing something wrong?

jedweb, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  8. moonrock

moonrock Peon

Best Answers:
    about 50% of the time my swicki displays PSA.
    and it sad that google don't index swicki anymore

moonrock, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  9. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No there is a trick to get indexed, copy the buzz cloud source code " on your Swicki main page " and past it in your blog or site like I did here : http://human-01.blogspot.com

wissam, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  10. jedweb

jedweb Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by this? I'm sure you don't mean that a page that has your swiki code embedded in it will not get indexed by Google. What does Google not index... and why?

jedweb, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  11. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No he means a page hosted in Swicki and have your search result, not your own page in your own site lol .

wissam, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  12. sherman

sherman Peon

Best Answers:
    My swicki that is not on any website or blog got indexed by Google relatively quickly and in fact is showing very high in google for some terms. Not many popular terms though. It is at http://marijuana-swicki.eurekster.com/ and for example, marijuana halloween, I see it is number 2 on google. Marijuana and halloween, it is number 1. A bunch of other terms too. I don't know what types of ads will be good on there though- I took off adsense cause I never had any clicks. Any ideas? Chitika?

Also, notice what I put for the link to my "website" on the swicki- has anybody else tried this?
    I got this swicki just to play around with. My main swicki is on my website and I may or may not keep it.

Here's a new search engine created by Google, possibly a competitor to swicki in the future:
    http://searchmash.com/

sherman, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  13. moonrock

moonrock Peon

Best Answers:
    ahh.. i can see what you did.
    but can you get the tag index by google this way ?.. beside the main swicki link of course.

moonrock, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  14. Sullmoney

Sullmoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    May I ask how much your swicki is earning?

Sullmoney, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  15. almir

almir Peon

Best Answers:

Yep, Swicki definitelly has some problems with MSA ads, many search results with MSA.
    Dont know why, I mailed them about that, but no answer.Maybe Wissam should mailed them too, he is familiar with them already :)

almir, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  16. sherman

sherman Peon

Best Answers:
    I took all the ads off... so nothing. It wasn't making anything when I had addsense on. I havent made up my mind yet how I feel about swickis.

sherman, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  17. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Haha lot of people making more then they make on their sites with swicki, u just need to know how to use it .
    don't expect money with no work .

wissam, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  18. sd2001

sd2001 Peon

Best Answers:
    Just for grins I made a swicki to go along with a site I just launched. I've been creating relevant, good PR backlinks for about a month for the site. It was indexed in Google in less than a week.

So far, the Swicki I launched the same day gets more traffic than the site so far. In fact, about 10% of my site traffic comes from that Swicki so far. I'm sure that will change but I thought it was kind of funny.

I haven't put Adsense on it yet and don't plan on it for a while. I've been adding keywords to the cloud almost daily. Other than that, nothing at all. What else are you guys doing to develop your Swickis?

sd2001, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  19. almir

almir Peon

Best Answers:
    I found swickis very interested, but it piss me of cause many searches does not show ads at all.For egsmple one in my signature, it does not even show ads for simple "hosting" search, its really BS.
    I have made many of them, was serious about developing them, but just tonight start to delete most of them.
    On other side I had swicki that earns me 2-3 $ daily.
    I am very angry on Swicki's team,too. I mailed them with some very good suggestions that could help both of us, as they earn money too, but these gentlemans have not even answer on that mail.
    I hope they read these thread here, and they will start to act with more professionalism.

almir, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  20. sd2001

sd2001 Peon

Best Answers:
    Why would you delete them if they don't cost you anything? I mean, even if they aren't making any money they have the CHANCE of making you some money if they exist, right? To each his own, I guess...

sd2001, Oct 6, 2006 IP