1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

More Impressions Less Money ? Is this right ?

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by CaptainPajamas, Nov 4, 2010.

I made less impressions and less clicks on my website and was making about 10 bucks a day. Now I got over 27,000 impressions and 30 clicks and only made 5 bucks today :-( ... Can anyone help me out ?

CaptainPajamas, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  2. DBD

DBD Peon

Best Answers:
    it too low mate
    check your ad placement and monetize it well.,

DBD, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  3. CaptainPajamas

CaptainPajamas Peon

Best Answers:
    Back to the drawing board... But how come I got less impressions and made more money with the same content and ad placement the only thing that changed was the amount of visitors No I got double the amount of clicks and impressions.

CaptainPajamas, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  4. pradimani

pradimani Active Member

Best Answers:
    You didnot provide your site url to check the problem.
    please make sure that there is no psa showing on ur website.

pradimani, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  5. timeclicks

timeclicks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    try rectangle text ad it will sure give you good click rate in my opinion ..large rectangle ad work best for me

timeclicks, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  6. DWPRank

DWPRank Guest

Best Answers:
    Your getting a REALLY low click through rate. I feel your pain, most of my million + pageview a month sites earn really low per click.

Since your traffic doubled, I'm guessing a majority of the traffic is outside of the US? Non-US traffic will affect your PPC.

Do you mind me asking what site this is? You can contact me by private message if you like, I can take a look at it and provide some feedback.

DWPRank, Nov 4, 2010 IP
  7. Neale

Neale Peon

Best Answers:
    I have had similar problems in the past, improving a website adding more content can lead to more impressions & less clicks & money, cause people are finding what they need

.'. no need to click on ads........

Neale, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  8. CaptainPajamas

CaptainPajamas Peon

Best Answers:
    here is the website nowaygirl.com guys please check it for me and let me know what I am doing wrong. I made 30,000 Impressions yesterday and only cashed out on 7 dollars. I had text and image ads but I have just changed them all to image to see if that will help.

CaptainPajamas, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  9. JamesColin

JamesColin Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Your site topic is not a good niche for adsense, so the CPC is low. Also you will get a lot of public ads which don't pay anything.

JamesColin, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  10. CaptainPajamas

CaptainPajamas Peon

Best Answers:
    It was good before... there were days when I made about 30 bucks. with lower impressions. I was just wondering why it went lower when I got more impressions... I have made all the ads image ads. I got a 15% increase in CTR so far. If adsense is not good for this niche what kind of advertising do you guys recommend.

11. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on the ads, different ads pay different cost

lifeplayer, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  12. zygote

zygote Member

Best Answers:
    Seconded. You also need to try to commercialize your content a little more. Try looking into a friendfinder.com affiliate ad or see about
    getting affiliate accounts relating to app developers or myspace layouts etc... By supplementing your adsense revenue with programs
    that perform well in the social network / community type niche you will see a much higher return. Most people will click, laugh at a couple
    of funny photos and leave. You need to capitalize on their visit by offering what they want = social networking + humor.

zygote, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  13. tonyran

tonyran Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys, he said it was good before so nothing to do with his niche or layout as he didnt change it.

Maybe your ads are not related now? have a look at the old post that do have high CTR, see whats different

tonyran, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  14. CaptainPajamas

CaptainPajamas Peon

Best Answers:
    Guys I made about 30 bucks a day just few weeks ago... Now that I have been promoting on twitter... getting tons of impressions... I got about 20 clicks today and only 96 cents....

15. CaptainPajamas

CaptainPajamas Peon

Best Answers:
    I made more money when It was less impressions.

16. zygote

zygote Member

Best Answers:
    It's not about the traffic, it's about the CTR. If you get more traffic / less clicks your price (earnings) goes down. The key point is that you need to do two things:

1) improve your CTR to generate optimal PPC
    2) subsidize your adsense account with other revenue streams.

I believe that pretty much all of us have faced this situation before and unfortunately quick growth and fast traffic also means less clicks.
    In my personal experience doing the two things above have proven fruitful to our network and converting clicks is not easy. You may want
    to reconsider your placement or at the very least consider adding more glue to your site (things that will keep visitors on longer) in order to
    get more exposure for your adsense links and hopefully generate more clicks. I'm not saying I'm right or wrong I'm simply saying it worked for
    me and I'm giving you a perspective on my own personal experiences with adsense. I hope that helps. Good luck mate! XD

zygote, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  17. Steupz

Steupz Peon

Best Answers:
    I have practically given up on CTR, whatever I get I get. Only huge traffic makes sense now.

Steupz, Nov 5, 2010 IP
  18. CaptainPajamas

CaptainPajamas Peon

Best Answers:
    I GOT HUGE CLICKS. ABOUT 40 today... and 25,000 impressions so far.. CTR went up to 15 from 10% I changed from text and image ads to just image only. only made about 4 bucks ... :-( I got a whole lot more cash with less traffic.

19. CaptainPajamas

CaptainPajamas Peon

Best Answers:

What other revenue streams I can use along with adsense without breaking google TOS ?

20. CaptainPajamas

CaptainPajamas Peon

Best Answers:
    ok I have made a few changes ... Looked over my keywords and changed some ads settings like only run image ads. Image ads are best for entertainment websites and image ads only. CTR went up by 12% and now things are clicking... even though I got 71 clicks and only 10 bucks. 30,000 impressions.