1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Using Digg to promote your site

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by MythIP, Oct 4, 2006.

1. netizen-x

netizen-x Peon

Best Answers:
    Read about many link baiting articles available everywhere (copyblogger, seomoz, performancing, etc).

And then, don't do what the article said, because so many people have been doing it. Do exactly the opposite.

The wiseman said: " write as though you don't want to be digg, and you will be digg".

I made that up actually, but it makes some sense looking that almost every blog has a "top 10" or "how to" or whatever.

netizen-x, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  2. MythIP

MythIP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That sounded like a sienfield episode. George "I will do the exact oposite of everything I would normaly do."

MythIP, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  3. Pammer

Pammer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Try alternetive of digg instead of only one. Diggs doesn't take much more traffic... if you havent a breaking news. ;)

Pammer, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  4. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    there's a "suggest an idea for an article" thing or something. it's not like you can just get voted on. everything is individually reviewed & moderated obviously. komar did it, though. :)

disgust, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  5. Ballz

Ballz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    diggg.. is good if u want say a 100 visitors... mostly all members are webmasters.. so waste ure time there... if u have some tech related article.. forget it otherwise

Ballz, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  6. MythIP

MythIP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll figure something out. The past 2 days this is what I have worked on and I have found alot of interesting ways to drive traffic but no much for repeat customers. I guess I just need more interesting content. I figured forums would be good, but its not as good as I thought.

MythIP, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  7. sixfigureblogger

sixfigureblogger Banned

Best Answers:
    I don't think it is too hard to get on the front page of digg - just read digg and get a feel for what is popular, then write story for that market. But, the problem I've noticed with Digg is even if it brings you a lot of traffic, it might not bring you a lot of money. If you are trying to get ad revenue, digg users are too smart to click on ads. Selling something might work but they are likely smart enough to do price comparisons, etc. So... there is a bit of hype with digg in a way... but you will get a lot of traffic.

sixfigureblogger, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  8. karenr0823

karenr0823 Peon

Best Answers:
    Can't post a link yet but seoblackhat had a funny article earlier this month titled "10 Steps to Guarantee You Make the Digg Front Page"

karenr0823, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  9. Sirxl

Sirxl Peon

Best Answers:
    Sirxl, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  10. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I just approved a few link backs from Digg last night :)

Brandon Sheley, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  11. MythIP

MythIP Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    MythIP, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  12. WillB

WillB Peon

Best Answers:
    Digg and other social bookmarkers are great for traffic, as long as you're not expecting them to start manically clicking your ads.

They are hit and run surfers. They storm in, skim over the page and then storm back out to digg for their next fix of instant interweb gratification. The way to catch them is to turn them into repeat traffic.

Once they're coming back to your site under their own power (ie, not linking from digg), then they'll start converting.

WillB, Oct 6, 2006 IP