1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Read This Before Replying to Posts in This Section!

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by yfs1, Sep 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for clarifying rule number1. I hope that this is enough text in my message to also cover rule number 2. If it isn't, and since i kiss noones azz, I guess i might get infracted based on rule number 3. So far I've counted 4 with great hopes and expectations on making it into 5 in just a few moments, so wish me luck. Well well well, it appears the gods were with me on this one, being that I actually made it into senetence number 5. I think there is enough text in here now, But I see a lot of people still doing what I did see here: right here, so i hope they are getting infractions just the same. otherwise, it may be a mod that wants to get friendly with me. Oh, and I meant that in a bad way.

Rob

an0n, Oct 4, 2006 IP
    Brian1970 likes this.
  2. Cheap SEO Services

Cheap SEO Services <------DoFollow Backlinks

Best Answers:
    Yep,

I used to welcome newbies in that section but after a couple of infractions I stayed clear of that practise. I have learnt to start helping others out where the needs are and trying to stay on topic everywhere else.

Col :)

Cheap SEO Services, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  3. Bondat

Bondat Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes mods are being unreasonable. Just my 2 cents. :eek:

Bondat, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  4. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:

Did you report it?

And "getting friendly" with a Mod has nothing to do with infractions, I can guarantee that as I have gotten a few myself. I didn't bitch about it though, I just took it as a reminder and stopped doing what got me the infraction.

And what possible benefit would they gain...I can assure you that the Mods here are only doing it because they enjoy the forum and want to help out. Why would they be unreasonable and cause themselves a further headache?

yfs1, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  5. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well hello and thank you captain obvious. I obviously won't be trying to help out anymore due to the infraction.
    And as far as reporting, that's not my job to do it. Thats the moderators job, and a poor one being done at that.

an0n, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  6. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Its everybodys job who benefits from this forum (Mods are just volunteers, they aren't paid)....I love how you have the time to bitch and even include a link to the thread in question but hitting one button and moving on is just too much for you :rolleyes:

yfs1, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  7. mad4

mad4 Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually its the moderators job to sort out the issue after you have reported it. You don't see the police spending all day reporting crimes do you?

How can mods see the problems if nobody reports them?

mad4, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  8. sizzler_chetan

sizzler_chetan Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yup mods would hardly find time to check various posts on their own unless they are reported by the members.

Members should indirectly be helping the forum by reporting the bad posts.

sizzler_chetan, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  9. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Mods are suppose to be a part of the forums and not just here to powertrip(not that i am saying any are)
    So in essence, being a part of the community also shows involvement, and where there is involvement, there are corrections that are done without the need to have to be reported.

So for your police analogy.... When a cop sees someone running with a gun in their hand, are they suppose to wait for someone to report it or are they suppose to do their job by being a part of the community and persuing him because he is involved with his job?

Also, to give you a straight up answer to your analogy, yes, cops do spend all day reporting crimes, because when they do see them, they react.
    So in regards to mods around here, its kind of hard to do that when they would prefer to just lay low and collect some adsense cha-ching, instead of being involved with what they are suppose to be doing. e.g. monitoring and being an active part of the community.

Oh.. but don't get me wrong about mods because they will in fact find the simplest of helping gestures to infract, especially since 20 dirs pop up everyday and it's the *easiest* of places to give a little infraction love to show that they are doing their job. hey, let me scan this section real quick, find the first helpful 'live link', give an infraction, and call it a day so peopel think I am doing them a great servcie.

cha-ching cha-ching cha-ching

Anywho.. it's all good. I'm not mad at anyone nor upset. I just think certain things are helpful, and I am more than certain should there ever be a poll on whether if people find providing 'live links' to click on when it comes to new directories are found to be helpful or not, the concensus would say 'yes' they prefer it.

Rob

an0n, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  10. MattEvers

MattEvers Notable Member

Best Answers:

I couldn't make my way through that entire rant. Half of it didn't make any sense.

cha-ching...

ysf1: What is the consensus for making links live?

1,000th post :)

MattEvers, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  11. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Few are as involved as I am and as many posts as I read in a day, all day long, I probably only read around 1%. You would need at LEAST 100 Mods working full time to do the job you propose (read every thread).

Just mark all posts read then hit new posts 2 minutes later - You will see at least 30 new posts!

If you think Mods are on a power trip now or at least have the potential to be, wait until you have 100 volunteers Modding here!

The thing is, your view on what a Mod should do doesn't actually have any relevance as Shawn works in reality with his direction. There is no reality in requiring Mods to review every single post in this forum.

All he is asking (and rightfully I might add) is if during your browsing you see an offending post, hit one button. Otherwise, if you are completely unhappy with the way the forum is run, why continue to support it by posting every day?

I don't know what that means...sorry :( - As far as I know links are still live in the solicitations forum

yfs1, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  12. Janet

Janet Peon

Best Answers:

Posters make links live for other posters who do not have enough posts yet to allow them live links. It makes it easier for others wishing to submit to that particular directory rather than having to cut and paste the url.

Janet, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  13. yfs1

Best Answers:
    There is, however, a reason that the OP is not allowed live links in the first place. I don't think that policy is set to change. If someone just makes the link live in their reply while adding a useful comment, I doubt it is a problem.

That is pretty much a side issue to the thread though seeing as how I am sure there are very few infractions given on that basis compared to the number for "submitted" type cut and paste posts.

yfs1, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  14. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    yes, thanks for your %1 participation

but it's all in a days work right? afterall you said you do this all day long.

reading comprehension is *key* here. reread what i said. (not that i am saying any are)... stop trippin'

w..t..f... was this remark all about? Reality? I do believe I AM a part of reality, (the real world kind, and not the sit on a forum all day long and read posts like some people) so what are you rambling about again?

And in regards to posts, first you tell us we need to post 'more' because you want more quality content and discussion, and now you're saying that it really doesn't matter because you're not going to check, because you don't... actually, you won;t read them because it's not realistic. 0_o

Oh now this is just classic. I'm taking my ball home with me so you can't play anymore.

[/quote]
    well obvioulsy the poster right after you does, and i'm certain others to follow in comment would say the same.

well... I guess this is where i tell you to enjoy your day. cha-ching!

Rob

an0n, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  15. yfs1

Best Answers:
    I'm not a Moderator which seems to be what your entire response is based on :confused:

yfs1, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  16. an0n

an0n Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Then i DO stand corrected in that respect.

Also know that I have absolutely nothing against you are anyone on the forums.
    This is just general conversation about some of the things that people get infracted for when they are just really helping in speeding up things.

an0n, Oct 6, 2006 IP
    1 person likes this.
  17. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    I have 6 infraction points right now, and truly ... it makes no difference as long as you live and learn. If you get a warning or an infraction ... big deal. Don´t take it personal. Others get them as well, just most of the ones who get them, don´t openly talk about it (I guess I just did)

Blogmaster, Oct 6, 2006 IP
    an0n likes this.
  18. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Ok i guess ill fess up also it seems ive got 4 of them within this month alone, and they all came from posting this...
    Great site submitted 3 directories for your consideration
    Thank you for the opportunity

thanks
    malcolm
    But i guess that isnt enough i will now make a new one that will hopefully stop these infractions.
    What will i say i dont really know yet but i guess ill just ramble on like im doing in this thread.

thank you
    respectfully
    malcolm

malcolm1, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  19. yfs1

Best Answers:
    It isn't the content of the post, It is most likely the fact that you cut and paste it into so many threads

yfs1, Oct 9, 2006 IP
  20. malcolm1

malcolm1 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    honestly no i dont cut and paste anything but i can understand now why someone would think that. Ok i will try and change up the way i thank people so it doesnt sound like im cutting and pasteing.
    thx yfs1 for the knowledge.

many thx
    malcolm

malcolm1, Oct 9, 2006 IP
    kiviniar likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.