1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A question for directory owners regarding email confirmations

Discussion in 'Directories' started by boomer_mitra, Oct 28, 2010.

I do SEO for many of my clients' sites. I submit their sites to many directories daily. for my ease, I submit around 100 of web sites in one directory at a time and as a result I get a heck of confirmation emails from the directories. so my question is : Is it necessary to confirm all the emails by clicking on the confirmation links or any one confirmation for one directory will be enough to varify my email account ?

eagerly waiting for your answers.

boomer_mitra, Oct 28, 2010 IP
  2. amiman

amiman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Depends on the script being used. My directories once your confirmed thats it. Any future submissions come in at my admin approve links list as confirmed. I use PHPLD 3.4 and 4.1 I do not use this option anymore though as not using it helps keep server load down. I only send pending and approved emails now.

A way to stop them would be to register on the directories you use regular and after login to submit you would not need to confirm your email on most scripts that are in use.

amiman, Oct 28, 2010 IP
    boomer_mitra likes this.
  3. boomer_mitra

boomer_mitra Active Member

Best Answers:
    nice tip! thanks.

4. dmvictoria

dmvictoria Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When I do many submissions I usually take a break after ever 10 or 15 directories and go to my email and take care of a few confirmations.

dmvictoria, Oct 28, 2010 IP
  5. john.c

john.c Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should confirm it. It would help admin of the directory think that: you are human and not automatically

john.c, Oct 28, 2010 IP
  6. vnsmith

vnsmith Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes it is necessary, for other directory clearly states that no confirmation of emails means no way of approving..

Yes the best is for you to register.. a few minutes spend on registering is not a waste compared to confirming emails if you really use those directories often.

vnsmith, Oct 28, 2010 IP
  7. boomer_mitra

boomer_mitra Active Member

Best Answers:
    That will be a problem for me!
    I submit around 100 of sites in each directory.
    this means after 10 directories, I will have to confirm about 1k confirmation mails which is pretty time killing task!
    that why asked if one or two confirmations for every directory would be enough for the directory owners to approve all of my links or not?

I usually do that only!

8. credasys

credasys Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to confirm that because that's the way to verify them that you are a human before they added your site to their listing.

credasys, Oct 29, 2010 IP
  9. Artisan

Artisan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It depends on whether the electronic mail address is asked for the creation of the new user, and then this user would post all the links, or without the creation of the user, for the posting of every link separately.

In the first case the directory should ask for your electronic mail address one time, and you should confirm your electronic mail address one time, then the directory would know that the links are posted by the same person, and it would not need to ask for electronic mail address every time.

In the second case directory does not know that the links are posted by the same person, thus it may ask for your electronic mail address for the every link, and you should confirm it every time.

By the way, you may use directories which
    do not ask you for electronic mail address.

Free Ads Gratis Web Directory,
    www.products-and-services.com

You may place the ads here free of charge. You may edit your
    advertisements and use HTML notation at the time of editing.

The importance of the ads for the sorting
    of the search results is calculated this way,
    (time_of_update * 8) - time_of_creation

Artisan, Oct 30, 2010 IP