1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

About demoz directory

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by freshware, Oct 22, 2010.

Hello Friend,

I have tried to submit my content in demoz directory but i have not get approve yet, please friend suggest me what should i do fro getting approval.

freshware, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  2. ezestseo

ezestseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Dmoz takes time for approval because they manually check each and every entry. I think you have done your job, now the ball is in Dmoz's court. So be patient and wait for the approval.

ezestseo, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  3. Googl

Googl Active Member

Best Answers:
    You should not even bother waiting as long as you've submitted that's fine. I have submitted many of my unique large websites, but non of them have been approved yet. It might take a while.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2010
    Googl, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  4. logodesigns

logodesigns Peon

Best Answers:
    i agree with you .. now just wait and watch ... if your's site condition is good so it will be approve...

logodesigns, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  5. 3glogic

3glogic Peon

Best Answers:
    It is time taking process, you only need to take care before doing the submission is that fill the correct information. After the complete verification of your site dmoz will automatically approve your listing.

3glogic, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  6. alek

alek Banned

Best Answers:
    If your site is good and have good and quality contents you will surely get approval, but Dmoz takes times for approval at least 5-6 months.

alek, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  7. enous

enous Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Me too, 3 years,, not indexed....LOL

enous, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  8. Baby Prakash

Baby Prakash Peon

Best Answers:
    It is not easy to get your site into the DMOZ directory. Your site may appear in the directory a few minutes after it has been submitted or it may take months to appear.

Baby Prakash, Oct 23, 2010 IP
  9. lorenhoward

lorenhoward Guest

Best Answers:
    Dmoz gets too much time to approve. Wait.

lorenhoward, Oct 23, 2010 IP
  10. bigitaboss

bigitaboss Peon

Best Answers:
    i submitted my mine few weeks ago, and i just forget that.

go on with more productive activities than bothering about when will your site added.

bigitaboss, Oct 23, 2010 IP
  11. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If your site is worded anything like your post you may find you never get listed...

Sorry :(

But most editors speak American English, which is generally HORRIBLE as far as the English language goes, but it's still what they speak. If a suggestion is written in a way that needs to be edited, it is sometimes pushed back till later. Sometimes when a site is written in non-american English, then it simply never gets in.

This is NOT racist or even really discriminating, it's just that many of the editors are looking for things for the end user, and frankly, that is not what they are looking for.

Article writers are pretty much of the same mind these days, and pretty much for the same reasons. Check out THIS thread on Netbuilders for a pretty interesting conversation about it.

Qryztufre, Oct 24, 2010 IP
  12. redesignunit

redesignunit Peon

Best Answers:
    I am still waiting since two year for getting listed in dmoz now i am tired

redesignunit, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  13. Coby Wright

Coby Wright Peon

Best Answers:
    I've heard a lot of bad stuff about dmoz on other forums like warrior forum. Apparently the best way to get listed in Dmoz is to bribe an editor. No Crap, apparently Dmoz isn't as effective in the eyes of google since its been apparent that it is really more or less a 'good ole boys' directory.

Anyone care to share an opinion on the 'dark side' of Dmoz?

Coby Wright, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  14. helleborine

helleborine Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The dark side of dmoz is vastly overplayed, they are quite generally honest and trying to do what they try to do, as honestly and as well as they can.

I don't know if it's a "good ole'boy" directory as much as a hopelessly archaic and moldy directory that keeps getting worse every day because they simply can't keep up with the growth and freshness of the web. If they could keep up with the web, they would still get no visitors because Google is doing such a superlative job weeding out the garbage with automated processes

Nowadays, who searches by tedious drilling down categories, only to get to an alphabetically-ordered list?

Google has no use for a creaky cobwebbed directory that's completely outdated and of no utility to anyone.

helleborine, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  15. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Snooks and Anon. ROFL.

popotalk, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  16. katyperrylove

katyperrylove Peon

Best Answers:
    Ha, ha:)

You need to submit about every 4-5 months to different categories because then you will be looked at by different editiors as well. It takes time however.

katyperrylove, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  17. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's contra our suggestion guidelines which require that a website be suggested to the one best category just once. Anything more than that is spamming and we treat egregious spammers just the same way that you'd treat egregious spammers. Either you have no clue about the capabilities of our backend software or you're determined to sabotage the efforts of any other posters here who are silly enough to believe you.

Ha, ha indeed.

Good 5+ month old thread bump BTW :(.

jimnoble, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  18. katyperrylove

katyperrylove Peon

Best Answers:
    That did not seem to me as sabotaging but more to say logical. i.e. if one category is full for example (about which you would not know) then it makes sense to submit it to perhaps another category after 5 months of nothing. There are several relevant categories on the website. It also seems that it does not matter how good your website is... So no spamming just logic!:)) This is a discussion and not a lesson:) So what do you suggest to do after 5 - 6 months of nothing?

katyperrylove, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  19. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nothing.

(obligatory extra words to achieve minimum post size)

jimnoble, Apr 13, 2011 IP
  20. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:

Thats what I suggest! In fact, I likely would have suggested that 5 or 6 months ago ;)

If you are going to bother to submit, at least do your best to follow the guidelines (that they don't even always follow).

Qryztufre, Apr 13, 2011 IP