1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DUBTurbo V1.5 Launch And Case Study - How It All Started And Where It Is Heading...

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by Chri5123, Oct 18, 2010.

Hey Guys,

Norb and I thought we would do a review of how DUBTurbo has grown and what we have done to date all documented down for everyone to see and also because v1.5 of DUBTurbo is practically here and you will be able to see the new features and get your pre-launch materials as they are created.

It should also help you see how we have maintained growth and continue to do so and help some of you with your launches, research and when you should release a new version of your product.

HOW IT ALL BEGUN:

About a year ago (that has flown past!) I contacted NCMedia with an idea for a 'beat maker' or audio production software as I was having some success in the niche.

He wasn't that keen to begin with to be honest, and NC knowing the industry well basically was concerned that you need a good piece of software that people love or it is too easy to be laughed out of the market!

So that was that I thought, and was considering how I could get going on my own. (On reflection I am glad I didn't and really feel I wouldn't of been able too if it was not for Norb and the help regarding the knowledge of music and the skills needed - cheers mate!)

The seed was planted however...

Then the message came that set everything into motion:

"Chris, Let's Do It!"

So we started!

Norb put his amazing design skills on overdrive and set about designing the interface,navigation and recording the actual sound kits. < I really have no idea how I would of done this part and the sound kits are probably the MOST important part of the whole app.

Thanks to Norb we do not have a ring tone maker but a broadcast quality beat maker!

I set about hiring some talent that would be able to program this thing and put the sounds and graphics together as a software package.

This taught me ALOT about outsourcing!

Never mind getting an ebook written for you that is easy but this is a totally different kettle of fish and is VERY rewarding but it also has had its ups and downs.

Eventually we find our man...

You can read all about what happened next here:

>> First Case Study For DUBT

After 5 months of making this thing a reality we were now on March 2010 we started split testing sales pages.

Now I do actually test sales pages before I realease any product, maybe not even split test but I definitely change a sales page and make note of the changes until you get a top converting page.

Well I can honestly say that DUBT has had the MOST testing I have EVER done for a product.

We went through about 15-20 sales pages and managed to narrow down to the top 3 and went into intensive testing with each < this last little bit wasn't easy either it took us 2 months!

[​IMG]

Round about May 4th we raise our commission and go public with the release of DUBTurbo and a media blitz for customers and affiliates. We had actually kept our commissions low to try and keep affiliates away during the testing phase on Clickbank until we had found the perfect page.

Although it didn't work and affiliates started to jump on board!

We had also had been reaching out to contacts in our niche for this part of the process and this helped greatly.

* We hit 30 gravity and as you can imagine were over the moon! If you can hit 30 you can hit 300!

* Within 30 days we had hit 50 gravity and the traffic was shooting up!

[​IMG]

* Here we sort of reached a plateau and were trying out a few different things on the site.

My idea was to push the site more heavily while Norb was thinking the page could be smoother with less scrolling and to be honest I was against changing the page.

Well am glad Norb made me see sense!

He went mad with flash and designing the new site and we went right up to a gravity of 70 odd - now it was time for 1 click upsells.

You have to apply to be able to use upsells but we got Clickbank to have a look over the account and were accepted into the program.

This really helped with conversions and of course with the 1 click upsells affiliates loved it!

We tweaked the copy, and actually RAISED the price point and the upsells and it start converting even better.

September 2010 and we reach 80 gravity with no signs of slowing down yet!

Refund rate went down from 9% to 4.5% as we add more value, free kits, support etc...

[​IMG]

Which brings us up to today!

Where do we sit now:

* 90-95 gravity
    * #1 in the Music category :) < Finally took over our arch rival
    * #5-6 fluctuating in the main Arts/Ent category on page 1.
    * Affiliates are still on board that started when we did = great retention
    * Sales page has gone through 3 overhauls this whole time - each time split testing and replacing with the new winner, then tweaking some more
    * Product library has grown from 4 products to 45-50 with more constantly being added (making your 60 day cookie work for you!). Members area has amazing bonuses and retention strategies for customers, as well as re-mention of the upsells if they said no to them.

Where are we heading?

We are working with our internal team to make the ap even better and fix bugs, improve and grow DUBTurbo's features to launch our next version!

This is giving us an opportunity to reach out again and create brand new v1.5 marketing assets for you to use in your promotions.

We will also be building hype around the release of v1.5 which will be structured and for affiliates it means you should be able to do very well around the launch period of v1.5.

Also we will be updating this thread with new assets so people here at DP can be some of the first to jump on board.

Launch Date is set to be November 16th - For now just promote "ITS COMING!!!!" or something similar, and we will drip feed you the assets here or send you a zip file so you can get your campaigns going fast.

We are also working on an AWESOME affiliate guide to go with everything so it will help you with your campaigns further.

Stay tuned for updates...

Chris J & Norb C

Chri5123, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  2. Chri5123

Chri5123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Continued...

A sneak peak:

Version 1.5 Video Fresh Out The Studio:

This video has been added to the front page this morning and it is already showing signs of helping conversions. The customers also receive a special which is if they purchase now they will get the V1.5 release for free which may actually be going up in price which means more $ per sale!

[video=youtube;AG7aYqTIUwQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG7aYqTIUwQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

DOWNLOAD THE VIDEO HERE

^ Right click and select save as.

Little tip when you upload it to youtube make sure that you rename the video with keywords that you want to target for best results.

i.e DUB_Make_Beats.flv it will bring up relevant videos on the right hand side and you will get more views!

http://www.dubturbo.com/affiliates.html

Stay tuned and we will be posting updates very shortly...

Chris J & Norb C

Chri5123, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  3. Lynxtouch

Lynxtouch Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice video - I'm impressed with this launch!

Lynxtouch, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  4. Patchkaa

Patchkaa Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm will try this out , start making some campaigns today

Patchkaa, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  5. i Make Money

i Make Money Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you post a screenshot of analytics from beginning till today so we can see conversions and such?

i Make Money, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  6. NCMedia

NCMedia Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Cheers Lynx! It's been a sleeper for the year and is now a boomin' project. That video actually took me a good two weeks doing the script, preppin' the 3D, anims/footage etc. so thanks for noticing. It's probably among my top 3 video promo's I evarrrrr made. F*** yeah! (< If you watched the end of the video that will make more sense).

**Patch - You used to think this was a forex product lulz remember? I would love to see you on board mate, properly - PM me if you want and I'll help you setup a campaign quick to prove this is a good offer to push for pro's.

Cheers dude, analytics only goes back 4 months actually, and we can't exactly post that because we don't want everyone knowing exactly what the account has made to date... So what i've done below is posted two screenies.

The first one - is 'recent' conversions - and as we grow so do the stats: [EDIT: Just noticed DP really shrinks them - right click>view image]

[​IMG]

The second one is the same stats - however I arranged them by hopcount to show that the conversion rate MUST be looked at as unique per affiliate. I've highlighted the ones that do nothing more than swallow my fucking bandwidth and never convert. Or they convert 1:2000 while others are at 1:50 give or take... Thus, these guys throw the over all charting and averages out the window... This is only the first page too - and we have x,xxx aff's for any given week/month, more than half do this. We've gotten to the point where the rules are posted on our aff page and when people break 'em we report them right away - including PPV shitty traffic. Sad thing is they don't know any different and figure 'hey 20K uniques, fuck at least few MUST convert' and the ODD time they do but it's not worth it for us. I'd rather have less affiiliates that know what they're doin', so look at these stats subjectively...

[​IMG]

Today marks a very defining day for us for a few reasons:

1. We've outgrown everyone in the music niche re gravity, and re the #1 spot.

2. Our next version just had it's last bug fixed and I have it in my hands :) You'll be seeing a brand new set of videos for customers as tutorials, and Chris will be making a set of at least 20 or so Animoto promo vids for you guys to use in your campaigns for the launch.

3. ^ That video above will be chopped up into smaller segments so there will be 3-4 of them which will help you diversify your video campaigns a bit as well.

4. Our full .zip with all the v1.5 creatives to date is just about ready, and is packed with amazing presell/launch/post-launch materials that will ease this whole process for you.

5. The members area to the site has been revamped again, and now customers have a HUGE faq/support section with live Q&A and over 50 questions answered in detail for automated support, as well as a very VERY detailed 'how to tweak your PC for audio production use' manual with 25+ steps that greatly improve your customers PC speed/audio sequencing.

6. We've added a new Payment Page header graphic and thumbnail pic that both explain their savings for the day, and the fact that they get our next version FREE for the launch no matter what the price goes up to. << Affiliates that are already promoting this are seeing awesome conversions ;)

All in all - the tweaks and small things we've done to the customer journey in preparation for the next version is already turning more heads and converting more people on the same volume of traffic. Goes to show people do love a deal and if they can save some $ by buying in advance they will (or better put - more skeptics and bargain hunters convert on top of already confident buyers).

Chris and I will both try to be as detailed as we can with this case study for you guys. From my perspective the biggest BITCH of all this has been the rebranding of all our assets, a necessary evil, but an evil none the less. Slave driving myself to convert xxx marketing assets has been a mission and a half!! On a brighter note though everything I've implemented that has been rebranded has definitely worked in our favor.

Chat soon fam,
    Norb & Chris.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
    NCMedia, Oct 19, 2010 IP
    Robert25 likes this.
  7. Robert25

Robert25 Peon

Best Answers:
    You guys are adding fantastic value to a dieing forum. This case study is a good eyeopener to anyone who want to launch a product in cb marketplace. I have learned couple good things from this.

Congrats on your success! :)

Robert25, Oct 22, 2010 IP
  8. Lynxtouch

Lynxtouch Peon

Best Answers:
    LOVE IT!

I also just read the nice case study / presell for RGPG and would suggest raising the price back up to $97 or more - I didn't buy because I thought it looked a little "run of the mill" with the low price. I would be interested if it was more of a "masterclass" club where the price was a little higher :)

Lynxtouch, Oct 23, 2010 IP
  9. trusteddigital

trusteddigital Peon

Best Answers:
    Very nice product just started to promote the other day. Hope all works out and hope it converts well

trusteddigital, Oct 23, 2010 IP
  10. Chri5123

Chri5123 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks man :) ^ This means a lot!

More updates coming soon and really glad it has given you a few pointers and tips that you can use.

Sure Norb will update this but I can say that NC's products are anything but run of the mill.

My advice get in there at the low price there is bags of value in RGPG and you will learn REAL strategies that you can use that will help you build your online business.

It is not just full of fluff - you will be learning from someone that is walking the walk!

Shh about the price! :)

Awesome ^ let me know if you need any help with anything or getting set up?

Cheers guys and stay tuned for some updates coming real soon.

To your success,

Chris

Chri5123, Oct 24, 2010 IP
  11. Faclez

Faclez Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it still possible to promote affiliate pages through Adwords? I am doing media buys for dubturbo but curious if you guys know how to promote affiliate pages through adwords, I know there is tons of traffic out there for this through adwords.

Thanks,
    Faclez

Faclez, Oct 24, 2010 IP
  12. jivens

jivens Peon

Best Answers:
    Very VERY nice!

jivens, Oct 24, 2010 IP
  13. NCMedia

Best Answers:
    **Thank Robert, appreciate the comments. We benefit as well so thank you in turn to anyone that sees this as a good investment of their time/resources to grow with us.

**Flattered bro, it's funny you know - the RGPG product came before dubturbo, and dubT was a case study for it, now dubT is a #1 product, showing what I preach works! Yet people still would rather buy into nonsense curriculum from the newest pump/dumpers and I can't for the life of me whore myself the way most do in the niche so I let this die a beautiful integrity based death - it's a sleeper and will always be. Not raising the price and not really too concerned with its growth, was more of a perk to my slate of offers.

Hey Faclez,

Please add me to skype: my handle is the same username as I use here I can help you with both your media buys and your sequences re landers/direct/mini-sites etc. < It all works just varies person to person.

Thanks Jivens, working harder than ever on this one.

Enjoy the 'rest' of your Sunday!
    N.

NCMedia, Oct 24, 2010 IP
  14. Lynxtouch

Lynxtouch Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a question for you guys

I just saw your marketplace listing and found that you have a total rebill amount of $150 - whats on the backend?

Lynxtouch, Oct 30, 2010 IP
  15. knector

knector Active Member

Best Answers:
    They have more samples/drum kits for the software, and some packages with
    beats.

@Chris
    Will further updates bring some of the features that can be seen in the diary, like
    effects, scissor and other cool stuff as seen in these screen shots ?
    http://dubturbo.com/screens.html

I hope that's the plan, will there be any of those updates/features in the 1.5 version ?

knector, Nov 1, 2010 IP
  16. rickmci

rickmci Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow. That video is amazing. This is quickly becomming a great product. I will have to have a second look. thanks

rickmci, Nov 1, 2010 IP
  17. NCMedia

Best Answers:
    Lynx,

We're actually testing something BIG in the back, there's way too much going on right now w/the new release to focus on it but it's a $250-$300 pricepoint product of which we payout $150 (cbmax per transaction for affiliates). As soon as the 1.5 release is normalized I'll let you guys know all the details once it's tested some more.

Nector,

Thanks, actually the screens you see there is one of our first mockups. We've since scaled back on the features as some were redundant (i.e. fastforward, rewind, scissors, etc). 1.5 has a lot of performance improvements, tons of more sounds, a few more buttons have actually been removed, and it's been optimized for faster use/cpu loads. For the next version I may well be ripping it all apart and having it overhauled in another language/programming team that can take this even farther even faster but for now she's pretty well rounded with the final feature set.

Awesome Rick, feel free to jump in it's probably a good time right now (before the new release vs. after - we'll be growing fast again).

News:

There are a bunch of 1.5 assets being released to you guys right now in .zip files. These are mailers, articles, blog posts, videos, graphics, banners, and a great beginners affiliate marketing guide for the uber new guy that's never made a sale yet (this should help make it easy peasy).

*I've been doing a bunch of other cool videos that we'll be trying to get viral over the next phase - you guys are free to grab them from our youtube channel and re-upload.

Check these out so far:

Spoof ad #1
    [video=youtube;27qbhUq8-VU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27qbhUq8-VU[/video]

Me messing around in the studio #1
    [video=youtube;N9x8oxU5obs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9x8oxU5obs[/video]

Some background on the whole project and me - for those that care:
    [video=youtube;xer27ycwiNg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xer27ycwiNg[/video]

*Expect the unexpected over the next week or so, I've had a good 10+ videos made that are all wacky and will have a nice final compilation of them for you guys soon too.

Keep a lookout and GO GRAB OUR NEW AFFILIATE MATERIAL.ZIP FILES >>

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
    NCMedia, Nov 1, 2010 IP
  18. NCMedia

Best Answers:
    Update:

We're 6 days away from our release, and the current swipe is available on the aff page please grab it and feel free to mail anytime from now until Monday.

We've got two more more spoof ads done I think they turned out ok have a peak.

[video=youtube;eLr8LXLwfNs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLr8LXLwfNs[/video]

[video=youtube;GHR3tj1sXFQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHR3tj1sXFQ[/video]

Grab all the 1.5 assets and email swipes >>

Current Stats:
    - Gravity is at 125'ish
    - New affiliates are converting daily
    - Upsells have been tweaked so has our members area = more retention/$perCustomer

News:
    - We now strip your aff ID from the landing URL so you won't see the tail (.com/?id=affname).
    - We now offer different sales pages to push your traffic to with more coming soon.
    - We're now actively seeking our endorsement deal so you may start to see an artists name or two pop up beside the brand soon.

Charting/Gravity:
    [​IMG]

Give this offer a try and you won't regret it. There's many sub-niches to this and I see even the most random keywords/campaigns consistently convert on this so if nothing else at least allocate a small test campaign so I can prove to you that it's a great investment on your time/resources.

Start Here >>

Will update with more soon, feel free to ask Q's/drop feedback.

Cheers,
    Norb.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2010
    NCMedia, Nov 10, 2010 IP
  19. knector

knector Active Member

Best Answers:
    That sounds great, I really like the software as it is now, and the update was great, it performs better, is more responsive and now I can open my saved projects, also it's actually a lot easier to make a good beat than it is in a expensive software, you have what you need to make it sound good, which make it so much easier to use, plus the way it's designed, with drums here, keyboard/song/guitar etc. here, and the whole song combined here, that makes it so much easier to use.

I have used LMM and FL Studio, and I was able to make some beats, but putting it together was much harder than in DubTurbo. It would be nice to have a "per note volume" and such though, I'm sure you know what I mean, but as it is now it's just great to.

Great job you have done here, I will soon start promoting it.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
    knector, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  20. Smitten

Smitten Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just wanted to barge in to say I'm jumping on board hoping to add to that 160+ gravity.

This is going to be my first landing page for this product, and hopefully you'll start coming across it on plenty of your related searches:

http://slices-of-life.com/2011/02/19/dub-turbo-review-beats-creator-crave/

The copy in it is just a sketch, but for now it will do. When the landing page starts picking up some traffic, I'll revise the LP copy to play the angle you mention in those *remarkably* competent affiliate resources in your website. Seriously, you're by far the most organized and methodic CB vendor I've worked with, and I have a feeling this product is gonna sell like hotcakes!

Here's to bigger bars on those sales reports.
    Cheers,
    P.

Smitten, Feb 19, 2011 IP