1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

jesus will come back or not?

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by wilsontom, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have another point to make which may offend some of you but it's not my intention.

Here in my town and in nearby cities, I see lamp posts painted "Jesus is coming soon" being urinated by stray dogs. (Now we can't do away with these mongrels, this is India). But this hurts a lot.

I am brought up in a Catholic missionary school and know quite a bit about Jesus and I revere him for all that he was. I believe that you don't need to be his follower to love him or venerate him.

I took up this matter with a few evangelists (basically they are proselytizers) who keep going from door to door spreading the message of Jesus. Their initial reaction was one of indifference. When I persisted, it exposed their attitude which was nothing less than shocking, to say the least. They said it was necessary to spread his message and that it was meant for the sinners who have no other means to know that Jesus was coming.

It is utter nonsensical to turn a blind eye towards what they could easily prevent. More shocking was their hyper-zeal to tell me how the world was fast filling with sin and how Catholicism was the only savior. They offered me a few booklets to read free of cost.

I gave up, thinking it will put me in a spot talking to nomads.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
    Alevoor, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  2. Seqqa

Seqqa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't get it where's he gone and why is he coming back? How do you know he's not already here?

Seqqa, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  3. laxman363

laxman363 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The count of stupid threads increase

laxman363, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  4. coldnorth

coldnorth Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, he will.

coldnorth, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  5. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    He went off on a beer run, he'll be back to the party later. :D

Will.Spencer, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  6. simplyg123

simplyg123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    there was a time when i would say "you betcha". Not so sure nowadays if the man is even what he is claimed to be. My religious beliefs have changed a lot over the years. Too many contradictions, too much division on belief, too much interpretation.

simplyg123, Oct 25, 2010 IP
  7. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Or, what Paul claimed him to be...

Will.Spencer, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  8. theTurk

theTurk Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's not a good idea to post this kind of threads. Because there are lots of people joking and making fun of holy matters, and lots of people can't stand the idea of making fun of them(one of them being me).
    Either He will come or not this is not the place you can find the answer; go read holy books find the answer in there...

theTurk, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  9. supernal

supernal Member

Best Answers:
    Possible. If he ever "left" and if he's not symbolic of an idea/concept/movement instead of a physical person, and if that person is coming back in corporeal form or as an avatar.

supernal, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  10. sar420

sar420 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, Kalki will come instead of Jesus.

sar420, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  11. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Ha ha! :p

Will.Spencer, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  12. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:
    It will not matter, mankind will determine the ending: the triumph of good over evil and the return of all those who made it possible is the game plan......stop the crucifiers to insure the victory.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
    Breeze Wood, Oct 26, 2010 IP
  13. vibinhari

vibinhari Notable Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

vibinhari, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  14. Alevoor

Alevoor Active Member

Best Answers:
    Speechless. Jesus would really tell this if he were to comeback again only to spread love. He needs to have a sword instead.

Alevoor, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  15. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Matthew Chapter 10:
    34: Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

35: For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

36: And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

37: He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.​

Will.Spencer, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  16. sikatangpinoy

sikatangpinoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course he is our savior

sikatangpinoy, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  17. Breeze Wood

Breeze Wood Peon

Best Answers:

The misinterpretation of "me" being Jesus is a typical Christian misdirection due to their own abandonment of the Saint - What the quote is actually saying is that all is equal to the Creator and is meant to be by mankind as well and was the reason for their expulsion - placing themselves above the Garden.

Breeze Wood, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  18. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Either your lacking in knowledge of the bible or you are truely ignorant. Then again the worst of these alternatives (which I believe is partially true in your case is your spreading deceptive half truths) .Judging by the low level of bible understanding in general its not surprising that you pick and choose lines from the bible without understanding what they fully mean. If you want we can have a bible study by email so that you can grasp what jesus meant when he spoke of the sword. He was speaking metaphorically. No wonder why atheism is going backwards as it seems the majority of intellectual academia is leaving atheism in search of true meaning and intellect.

Will, allow me to educate your ignorance into better understand here.

10:34. Throughout the next section (vv. 34–39) the focus is upon the absolute priority of one’s relationship to Jesus (note the personal pronouns “I,” “me,” and “my”). The tone of the section is set by Jesus’ startling announcement that the purpose of his coming was not to bring peace, but a sword. The words are intended to counter the faulty notion (μὴ νομίσητε, mē nomisēte, cf. 5:17) that Jesus’ messianic vocation means that an era of peace and tranquility has now come. Although some Jewish traditions anticipated an age of peace when the Messiah arrives (see Isa 9:5–7; 11:6; 66:25; Zech 9:9–10; 1 Chr 22:9; cf. Luke 2:14), the peace that Jesus offers does not insure the absence of conflict or social disruptions. In fact, Jesus has not come to bring a stability associated with the absence of fighting, but rather his presence provokes a hostility associated with open warfare. The symbol of the “sword,” not the “dove,” is more appropriate when describing the impact of Jesus’ messianic vocation. The metaphor of “sword” is not intended to convey the use of violent force, but symbolizes divided loyalties, even within family units, because of the demands of the kingdom. As the next two verses make clear (vv. 35–36), the closest of human relationships are sometimes divided by the “sword” that Jesus brings.

Now maybe this will help other people spot your ignorance and deception for what it is.

God bless you Will
    Hope u have a great week

pingpong123, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  19. pingpong123

pingpong123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Amen my friend:), the historicity of the new testament is unmatched by any other document from that era, plus we have great archeaological evidence. This is why famed atheistic archeologist Sir William Ramsey who went into his famed archeological dig believing that the new testament was a book of fables came back from his dig shocking the atheistic world talking about the new testament being more reliable then secular accounts of those times. He then shocked them even further by becoming a christian. Ramsey was educated in Germany at a famed liberal theology school that specifically trained its pupils to try to disprove the bible so he went on the dig as a major sceptic.

The truth shall set you free:)

pingpong123, Oct 27, 2010 IP
  20. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    When He comes again guess how the event will be named [​IMG]

ApocalypseXL, Oct 27, 2010 IP