1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

re-writer job

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by grandislandne, Oct 15, 2010.

i have a 44 page document, that needs to be completely rewritten, so that while the original meaning is more or less retained, the content is totally different, ie it should be kinda like you read each page and then you are explaining the stuff in it to a friend IN YOUR OWN WORDS (with the original page out of sight). $30 offered.

Please pm ONLY IF YOU CAN WRITE ENGLISH FLAWLESSLY. please don't embarrass me with pms like "I am masters in English, I is edditting well" reading such responses gives me chest pain (i am not exaggerating)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2010
    grandislandne, Oct 15, 2010 IP
  2. grandislandne

grandislandne Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    DON'T SEND ME RESPONSES LIKE THIS ONE:
    .......................................................................................
    Sir/Madem,
    what should be the time duration for me to finish the job?
    Also please send the subject details for me to sturdy in detail.
    .......................................................................................
    WTF

grandislandne, Oct 15, 2010 IP
  3. punk3iz

punk3iz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Hello grandislandne,
    I have sent you a PM. You may want to check your inbox as soon as possible.
    Waiting for your reply.
    Thanks for the opportunity.

punk3iz, Oct 16, 2010 IP
  4. MissDanni

MissDanni Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Sorry, but for the amount you're offering, these are exactly the types of replies you're going to receive.

You can get a non native English person to write for about $0.01/word OR you can hire a genuine English writer for about $0.03/word.

MissDanni, Oct 16, 2010 IP
  5. grandislandne

grandislandne Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Here is another prize winner:
    -------------------------------------
    I am a Professional Conent Writer
    -------------------------------------
    The amount is negotiable. Just offering a large amount is not going to filter out undesirable responses, if anything it will attract more of those.

grandislandne, Oct 16, 2010 IP
  6. grandislandne

grandislandne Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    And by the way, I did get good responses from Filipino writers, with outstanding English. Unlike some other parts of the world. So it is not a native v/s non-native deal. It all comes down to having enough brain cells.

7. Saiye

Saiye Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You deserve the replies you are getting.$33 for a 44 page document!!! And no mention of the words per page!! Would that give the game away?I suppose the finalist in the race for this job would end up getting .25 to .33 cents per job ?Wow...what a deal !!!

And may I therefore be allowed to bid for the job.Here is a sample of the English which can be expected from me keeping in view your so very generous pay rates:

Dear Mr or Mriss grandislandne,

I am just sea your notice for need of good writer and am happy to say I am most certainly not give you any chest pain.I look at flaw in your above mentioned notice to example to you my masters of English.After this certainity you will select me. You wrote "so that while the original meaning is more or less retained, the content is totally different"

I trust you shall see that the above sentence is hardly 'flawless english';..in fact what to ask for is mission impossible : ))

Regards and Best wishes
    Saiye

Saiye, Oct 16, 2010 IP
  8. grandislandne

grandislandne Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    :D i like that !

9. grandislandne

grandislandne Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    :D i like that :D at least you made me laugh, instead of giving me chest pain

10. LordXenu

LordXenu Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You mock the responses you've received, but that is exactly what you're going to get at this rate. Mostly Indians with terrible Engrish. You may find some decent Filipinos who'd do it, as many of them have good conversational English. All in all though, you're not going to get 44 full pages written by anyone who speaks English as their native tongue at $30. Do you have any idea how long it takes to re-write 44 pages, would you work for that rate? The fry cook at McDonalds makes more than that, by a long shot. He's a god damned pimp in comparison...

LordXenu, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  11. vbangs

vbangs Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    @LordXenu
    You are no one to raise a finger on the capabilities of people belonging to any nation.I am an Indian and I have a perfectly good engilsh.Putting "Lord" in your name doesn't gives you authority to challenge anybody's skills.If you don't like the offered rate then you can request the buyer to increase it rather then criticizing someone else.You are "Lord" of no where so it doesn't suits you calling the fry cook at the McDonalds a "pimp".
    ""Better mind your words before writing in future""

vbangs, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  12. LordXenu

LordXenu Active Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Get over yourself. I didn't say all Indians have terrible English. I said MOST, and that isn't some racially derogatory comment, it is truth. If you want a native English writer, you are not going to get one at anywhere near that rate, and 90% or more of the people you do get are going to write garbled up Engrish.

I realize cost of living in India is far less than that of North America, but you need to look at it this way. The dirt-cheap rates that foreign writers are willing to accept are not enough to support a healthy lifestyle over here. The flood of outsourced foreign workers online have driven the cost of content, coding, and design to the rock bottom, and these are the rates everyone expects to get now. Even from North Americans; who simply can't live on $2 an hour.

If you need quick simple throwaway SEO content, an outsourced re-writer is fine, but if you're advertising to the North American market and you're hiring some one half way around the world, it is not going to have the same effect. That person may have a perfectly fine understanding of the words, they may even have excellent conversational English, but fluent they are not. You might not see it, but a good portion of the English market, can tell instantly when something isn't written by a person who shares their native tongue. You didn't even have to tell me you weren't English and I could tell from your post. Your English is perfectly understandable, but it does not have the same fluent consistency.

To native English writers, seeing someone request 44 full pages of rewriting for $30, is to be quite frank, an insult. If people want real English writing, they are going to have to pay at least the equivalent of minimum wage for it, or settle for what they get. If you want "FLAWLESS" English, you're not going to get it for $30. End of story.

LordXenu, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  13. Saiye

Saiye Peon

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks.But this thread is getting too hot for me!You have an Indo-European/US war about to take off here :( ;while I have yet to see the end of a long running Indo-Pak war around the place I live in :(

Saiye, Oct 19, 2010 IP