1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

young google adsense webmasters are they alloud?

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by Connections, Oct 3, 2006.

ok lately I have been seeing alot of things where 13/14 year olds are making money via paypal and adsense, these kids are doing ok aswell making around $1000-$2000 a month for example.

My question is - isn't their a certian age limit to useing these programs that these webmasters should adhere to? eg: you are not alloud to use adsense/paypal if you are under 16? I thought this was the case?

If so how are these webmasters getting away with it?

I thought you atleast even had to be over 16 to start this kind of thing?
    For example you can not get a tax file number or start work untill you are 16 yet these kids are making money on the internet!

I am not trying to start a shitfight with 13/14 year old I am just curious to this subject!!! I just wonder how the google adsense staff feel about this kind of breach in TOS?

I think its great how these young kids are making money on the internet at such a young age I just think that people under 16 should not be alloud to conduct business via the internet.

thanks.

Connections, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  2. INV

INV Peon

Best Answers:
    Who cares about the ages. I mean its great that they are making money at an early age. They arent hurting anyone by doing so. If they break the TOS because they are underage great, let google worry about it.

INV, Oct 3, 2006 IP
    iskandar likes this.
  3. check

check Guest

Best Answers:
    They probably sign up with their parent's or other family member's Tax ID/other info. As INV said above; who cares though?? That's awesome that a 13 year old can be making that much money. Imagine how they will do in the future.

check, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  4. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know its great I am just curious about this,

Dont you think its a litle unfair how the older people are gettign taxed via this stuff and the youngens are gettign away with it.

5. check

check Guest

Best Answers:
    Is it hurting you?

check, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  6. cyanyde

cyanyde Guest

Best Answers:
    The youngsters are not getting away with it. They do pay taxes through their dad/mom/bro/sis.

cyanyde, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  7. RNB80190610

RNB80190610 Peon

Best Answers:
    google does not actually ask anyone for an Id to use adsense so anyone can claim to be of age.

Personally I think the youngsters are show great business skills from an early age, hats off to them. They are learning now and will use their experience to do better in business later down in their lives wjhen it really matter.

Just out of curiosity, I want to write an article about these 8th graders. Where can I get some more info about this new bold breed?.

RNB80190610, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  8. INV

INV Peon

Best Answers:
    Since when is life suppose to be fair? This is business, business is never fair.

INV, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  9. crazyryan

crazyryan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No, why should it matter? Just because we are making money when we are young..

crazyryan, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  10. jackburton2006

jackburton2006 Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL. I like how some people are doing "see no evil, hear no evil" when it comes to underage TOS violators. The fact is, these kids may be making a lot of money, but they have no understanding of consequences (or a lot of them don't) so chances are very good that most of them will cheat or do something that SHOULD get them banned. When you're 13-14, you always think you're smarter than adults, and can get away with cheating; plus, you never think about the consequences, such as getting banned, etc. Sure, there are kids that age who MAY be mature enough to act mature and not cheat, etc, but seriously, guys, look in your own household, and tell me MOST 13-14 year old you know are mature enough to not abuse, or even fully understands the value of their Adsense account. And they won't be abusing Adsense using their name, but their parents, sisters, relatives, etc. Do you honestly think they've FULLY explained what Adsense is to their relatives when they got them to sign up for them (IF they got them to signed up, and didn't just steal their information)? When you're that young, you think you're invincible, and you act stupid.

Sure, there are some, on this forum even, who are mature enough to work properly with Adsense, but think back to when you were 13-14, and tell me YOU were mature enough. I wasn't, and no one I knew at that age was, either. Now I don't care what these kids do, because frankly, it's no skin off my nose, but I DO see the value of keeping kids off the network. You dangle a lot of money in front of a 13-year old, and you don't know what he'll do...

jackburton2006, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  11. crazyryan

crazyryan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been adsense since I was 13 and I'm 14 now, still haven't been banned..

crazyryan, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  12. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

True, I know business is never fair, its just I am getting a little sick of 13/14 year olds ripping off people and thinking their un touchable as their under age. One look on SNF and its full of these kids looking to make a quick buck at some one else's miss-fortune. And then to see they boasting about adsense cluttered site's their making $$$ off, just adds to the insult.

I just wanted to check up on the TOS with google, I am curious to know the age limits you can start using google with this is all.

I am a young adult been only 19 my self, so its not like I am a grumpey old guy trying to shut down kids :D

All I want to know is what is in the TOS of adsense, what AGE can you start using the service?

Thanks and no hard feelings to the young kids doing business via the internet.

INV likes this.
  13. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamerâ„¢

Best Answers:
    AH, but either way it's a good lesson, those who cheat get banned and lose their money and they are out, no second chances and those that follow the rules and make decent money learn a good business lesson that will greatly help them in their lives.

Roman, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  14. vito

vito Peon

Best Answers:
    Personally, I find the posts in this thread quite disheartening (and disappointing). Google clearly states in its TOS:
    Yet so many of you find some way to justify underage participation. Pretty sad. If this is a reflection of the set of morals and ethics of the next up and coming generation of business people, God help us all.

This is the same group of people who seem to feel that they have every right to (fraudulently) register for a Paypal account at age 15.

And worse yet, to further illustrate the utter lack of accountability, you actually post your support of illegal activity in a public forum.

Shameful.

Vito

vito, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  15. INV

INV Peon

Best Answers:
    If you feel guilty because of such things from a moral prospective. Thats just a shame, I guess simple barriers hold you back a lot in life.

There is no reason the TOS should hold a young mind back. You guys put a label on young people saying they scam because they dont know any better but thats a bunch of bull. Same statement can be applied to any group of people and its unreasonable. Age doesnt define a person in this case in regards to scamming, cheating advertisers out of there money by click-fraud because anyone can do it.

INV, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  16. vito

vito Peon

Best Answers:
    Classic retort. That's exactly the rationalization I expected.

Guilt? What the hell does guilt have to do with it? :confused: This has everything to do with being honest and abiding by the rules. If you see nothing wrong with being so blatently defiant of the rules, then that is your problem. You're in for a rude awakening some day.

Vito

vito, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  17. INV

INV Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, first off I dont think you know what guilt means. It has everything to do with it since guilt is defined as "remorse caused by feeling responsible for some offence"

So, hense you Mr. Angel would feel guilty if you broke the TOS rules.

There are always rules that you should follow but there are some that are made to be broken. If the youngster is 13 and he has the brain to use adsense now, he shouldnt wait till he is 18 to sign up.

If you think he should wait 5 years, and thats how you do things, I feel bad for you because that 13 year old is going to start making money early, while a person like you would be stuck in Mcdonalds untill he is 18+.

INV, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  18. vito

vito Peon

Best Answers:
    Geez, why do I even bother engaging in these "debates"?

Some rules are meant to be broken? Once again you demonstrate the specious know-it-all arrogance of a "young" person. Hmm. Let's see. I have a 13 year old nephew who has driven the family tractor on the farm for a few years. He even took the family car around the driveway a few times on the farm (always with parental supervision, of course). And he's surprisingly adept at it. So heck, if he "knows" how to drive, why deprive him of the next 3 years behind the wheel? Age requirements be damned! Send the little guy into town with the car to run some errands!! :rolleyes:

I have a 12 year old daughter who loves computers and everything Internet. She watches me work online and aspires to do same. So I set up a new site for my wife to own/manage, and my daughter can participate in managing the site. But even at 12 years old, she knows that it would be wrong to go it alone. As you should.

It is glaringly apparent that I will not change your mind. You are self-righteous, arrogant and feel justified in your illegal activity. All I can say is I feel sorry for you and anyone who shares your sentiments. Again, one day, you will be in for a rude awakening. Doing whatever you want whenever you want may feel "right" for you, but this type of "in your face" arrogance will eventually (and hopefully) come back to bite you in the ass in the long run. I guess it's a lesson you're going to have to learn on your own.

Vito

vito, Oct 4, 2006 IP
    jackburton2006 likes this.
  19. INV

INV Peon

Best Answers:
    You seem to be a very angry person, I am not sure why you would wish failure upon me, your probably just an old grumpy guy but thats not the issue here.

You dont seem to be a very bright grumpy old man either because you are confused between the "law" and a term of service.

There is a law preventing people from driving without a license. There is no law preventing a youngster to sign up to the adsense program, only an agreement.

I am not saying any of this because I am under 18 so please dont get your story twisted. I am just expressing an opinion.

At 12 years old if she believes its "wrong" to work online alone if you claim she is capable and earn money then your a clown. Instead of expanding your daughters future your putting her in a box.

I feel sorry for you old man, but I only wish you and your daughter the best. Because I am open minded and believe in the younger generation and always encourage them to start early.

INV, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  20. vito

vito Peon

Best Answers:
    Haha, you are so predictable.

I will not continue this circuitous conversation. You think how you think, I think how I think. But I am confident that, in the end, you will be in for some hard lessons in life. Stop being so pompous and self righteous. Learn to respect rules and regulations (whether they be rules on a website or laws in your community - same principles of honesty and respect apply). Otherwise, you will end up with a world of (well deserved) grief.

As for my daughter, thanks for your sage parental advice. But we raise her to appreciate and respect laws, rules, regulations. I sleep well at night because of it. But thanks nonetheless. :)

Vito

vito, Oct 4, 2006 IP