1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Warning about myspace marketing, big crackdown currently on.

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Connections, Oct 2, 2006.

As many of you may know their are new limits in place to stop people from adding more then 50 freinds on myspace,

Also their has been massive bans to other sections of myspace marketing all most every thing has been reduced by massive amounts.

Just today I recieved this email from myspace -

MySpace takes spam very seriously and has a zero tolerance policy for members abusing other members.

Your account has been flagged for potential abuse of the MySpace system. Some of your privileges have been suspended for a short period pending review. Reasons your account has been flagged may include:

- Unsolicited mass mailing
    - Abusive behavior
    - Spam complaints submitted by other members
    - Use of any sort of friend add, mail, or comment adding program, script, bot, or other tool meant to flood MySpace

Your account will be reviewed and released if it was flagged in error. Additional abuse or use of bots may result in account deletion.

Now this account in question is very old and it has never really been used for any "SPAM"

has any one recieved this email before, how do I get past this?

I have already totally wiped every thing sent on it.

how many days will it take for the myspace peoeple to look over this account.

I thought myspace just bans you and does not send you a warning???

Connections, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  2. britishguy

britishguy Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well if you use MySpace you now know the rules:)

britishguy, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  3. biggerboy

biggerboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Good post, hopefully this brings everyone back to reality.

biggerboy, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  4. Tyler Banfield

Tyler Banfield Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Connections,

Just out of curiousity, how old is the account in question, and how many friends does it have?

Tyler Banfield, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  5. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    I think, of course I may be wrong, that it's a bogus email. I have received some weird ones similar to that on accounts I have never used....just added friends to.

Cyclops, Oct 2, 2006 IP
  6. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    37 million range the one in question, that is recieveing this warning email, thought I would share it on here to give people a lil warning.

Any one who thinks that onld accounts dont get targeted think aggain, myspace really seems to be stepping up their game lately.

The good thing is that this is not one of my main accounts, only has around 8000 friends/ 60 thousand profile views, it's still not a good one to loose but.

Connections, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  7. Connections

Connections Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    bogus email? think aggain lol
    mail came from
    example
    "emailsender"@message.myspace.com

footer for email:

At MySpace we care about your privacy. This email is never sent unsolicited.

If you think you've received this email in error, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding your privacy, please contact us at:

MySpace, Inc.
    8391 Beverly Blvd. #349
    Los Angeles, CA 90048
    USA

©2003-2006 MySpace.com. All Rights Reserved.

Connections, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  8. Missie 81

Missie 81 Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow, thanks for the warning. That is not too good. Well there are ways to get round it for sure, will just have to take caution.

Missie 81, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  9. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    A couple things I have seen...

1. You can add more than 50 friends, but the captcha bypass on the bots no longer works.

2. Warnings from myspace.com/contact

They said "please set your age correctly" etc etc. It was on new accounts that used birthdays in 1906. Funny thing though, is that it was just about kids under 18 pretending to be older to get rid of privacy controls. I don't get it because most kids that are 14 would just put 21 or something and then be all set, and myspace couldn't really do anything about that.

MTbiker, Oct 3, 2006 IP