1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Bing Considers Close to be duplicates?

Discussion in 'Bing' started by promomanagers, Sep 30, 2010.

One of the issues we seem to run into with Bing is that it associates close with being a duplicate. IE, a page full of 8gb drives is the same as 4. It'll index the individual pages but not the underlying organizing page.

Anyone else see this?

promomanagers, Sep 30, 2010 IP
  2. Mr Happy

Mr Happy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    oh maybe. Shit this would really really explain a lot for me. I get over 30,000 a day from Google but only 100-150 from Bing which i'm really trying to work on. The pages would be fairly similar like you've mentioned. I've being searching for ages for the reason for the difference in traffic. Some people say they concentrate more on on-page rather than offsite or backlinks while others say the domain name is important but the fact that they consider "close to be duplicates" would make far more sense to me.

I really think you could be right on this. Do you have the same problem with Yahoo too?

Mr Happy, Oct 2, 2010 IP
  3. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I notice Bing does not index properly, they need improve this.

Ibn Juferi, Oct 2, 2010 IP
  4. Monotoko

Monotoko Peon

Best Answers:
    That would surely make sense though as Bing only has 10% of the market share?

Monotoko, Oct 3, 2010 IP
  5. Mr Happy

Mr Happy Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't think it's a question of them not indexing properly it's a question of them indexing differently.

Not exactly because if Google has about 70% of the market and results in 30,000 then Bing's share of 10% should results in about 4250. I'm getting between 100-150 so that's only 3.5% of what I should expect.

3.5% is a terrible return. If it was up around 50% fair enough I wouldn't complain but for it to be so low their must be something amiss.

Mr Happy, Oct 3, 2010 IP
  6. nirajkum

nirajkum Active Member

Best Answers:
    that is the issue but bing is new now and this kind of behaviour is expected . they just have 10 % of market share ...

nirajkum, Oct 4, 2010 IP
  7. Harkster

Harkster Guest

Best Answers:
    I saw an example of this today. I have had a 2 word (singular) exact collectible antique name running as a mini-site for a couple years. I recently bought the plural at snap and parked it on the singular site. When searching Bing xxxxx yyyyy the singular name is number 4 but when searching xxxxx yyyyys the plural name is number 1.

The most unholy one lists the plural name as number 2 for both searches.

NOTE -- not using a 301 redirect; just a cPanel parked without redirect.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
    Harkster, Oct 12, 2010 IP