1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is link pyramid?

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by ricky709, Sep 24, 2010.

Hello there,

I guess many of you know about link wheel. Recently, I've heard a lot about link pyramid. I have no idea about it. Can anybody explain me?

Looking forward to hear more on this topic. Thanks in advance

ricky709, Sep 24, 2010 IP
  2. xenki

xenki Active Member

Best Answers:
    The Idea behind the Link Pyramid is that while link juice can pass from one site to the next, ranking penalties generally stop after one hop. It works on the premise that the lowest quality sites link upwards to the next higher quality sites in your network. Sites can link laterally and upwards but not downwards.

I'll explain how it looks.

here’s what the pyramid looks like:

The Bottom

At the bottom of the Pyramid sits a network of sites you created on free blog host or Squido, or anywhere you can get web space for free. These sites should not have ads on them. These sites will link to random other quality sites on the web and to your 2nd level sites.If you are not selling anything on these sites there is more leeway. The only type of links you are sending to these sites are those free spammy links from link software.

2nd Level of Pyramid:
    Then we have your 2nd level of the Link Pyramid. This is where you put your domain portfolio to work. This network of sites is distributed across cheep shared hosting accounts. The more shared hosting accounts you have for this purpose, the smaller your footprint will be. Hosting is really cheep these days, and you’ll probably be spending more each year on domain renewals than you will be on shared hosting.
    This 2nd level of sites will get links from the bottom level of sites, but never link back down to them.

The Golden Crest

Here we have the sites that are ready for prime time. They have fantastic designs and flow. They are your niche authority sites. Their links come from Level 2 of the pyramid, link buys, link bait, and manual, targeted Link spamming. The Golden crest can make money, but the real purpose of these sites is to link to the Top of your pyramid.

The Top

At the Top of the Pyramid is the Target site: That’s the pristine white hat looking site that you want to present to your customers and to rank in the search engines. This site has the bulk of your editorial content: you’re link bait. This site is an e-commerce site that is designed to make money. This is the site you’re paying bloggers and reviewers to link to. You’re only purchasing the highest quality links to this site and your link Ninjas are securing only the best quality links. This is the site that is optimized for the keywords you know make money. This is your money site.

xenki, Sep 26, 2010 IP
  3. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Thousands of links pointing to hundreds of sites, pointing to dozens of sites, pointing to a handful of sites, pointing to one awesome site (see sig below)

usasportstraining, Sep 26, 2010 IP
  4. Excel 8

Excel 8 Guest

Best Answers:
    its the first time I hear, isn't it sound link scam or excessive linking too...

Excel 8, Sep 26, 2010 IP
  5. ricky709

ricky709 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @xenki thanks for the detailed description.
    @Excel 8 it is not a link scam. It is a good alternative of link wheel. You don't have to fear abt any punishment. Xenki has explained it really well

ricky709, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  6. Alan Smith

Alan Smith Active Member

Best Answers:
    The structure of Link Pyramid is made of 3 parts. 1) Base links, 2) Mid-Grade Links and 3) Highest-Quality links.
    The Link Pyramid is organized in 3 parts.
    1) Base links, 2) Mid-Grade Links and 3) Highest-Quality links.

At the bottom of the pyramid, Base links are there. Base links are links from blog comments, particular business article sites, bookmarking sites, deep inner pages, etc. Or you can say that base links are poor links.

The Next Level of the Pyramid stands for Mid-Grade Links. These are links from web sites that have more authority than the sites mentioned at the first level of pyramid.
    Mid-grade sites generally have a reasonable amount of backlinks to them, so they have a bit of authority and because of that Google counts links coming from mid-grade sites more individually valuable than base site links.

At the top most level of the pyramid is for Highest Quality Links. “Highest Quality Links” mean links from sites which have a lot of links aimed at them.

For getting good rankings in Google, your link pyramid should look natural. Which means that it should be having a high number of base links, a lesser number of mid-grade links and a few number of Highest Quality links.

Alan Smith, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  7. bulochc83

bulochc83 Peon

Best Answers:
    hi
    link paramid has three types 1)high quality link 2) mid grade link and base link which is use in google algorithm.

bulochc83, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  8. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    I suppose you could break it down into more than just three levels.

usasportstraining, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  9. relient28

relient28 Peon

Best Answers:
    Very good explanation, I really appreciate it. I feel like Google would really look down upon this type of practice. Does anyone have experience with this type of link building? Does it really help with your rankings?

relient28, Sep 28, 2010 IP
  10. The Rock

The Rock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good Explanation and useful information but is this technique is really works??

The Rock, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  11. blueyes

blueyes Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice explanation, but this technique is old for me. I've just never heard this name "link pyramid"

blueyes, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  12. paulwalker

paulwalker Peon

Best Answers:
    Link Pyramid has three levels. Base Links,Mid-Grade Links,and Highest-Quality Links. Articles, social bookmarking, blog commenting all these are come in base line. Sites which have 4-5 PR are came in mid-grade links and authority sites comes under highest quality links.

paulwalker, Sep 29, 2010 IP
  13. smartyseo

smartyseo Member

Best Answers:
    visit the www henryzeng com

smartyseo, Apr 23, 2011 IP
  14. dc0ded

dc0ded Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I personally recommend this site- Linkpyramidz.com. Don't go for spammy & cheap link pyramid services, as they can seriously harm your website's SERPs. We have used the above mentioned site for a couple of our sites and the results were always above satisfactory.

dc0ded, Nov 9, 2011 IP
  15. fast_cashloan

fast_cashloan Peon

Best Answers:
    i heard this about first time. I can understood more about link pyramid. Thanks for this.

fast_cashloan, Nov 9, 2011 IP
  16. Alex jones

Alex jones Member

Best Answers:
    I had never understood this complex term until now. Thanks to DP.

Alex jones, Nov 9, 2011 IP
  17. di1in

di1in Peon

Best Answers:
    Is it bad SEO?

di1in, Nov 9, 2011 IP
  18. Balaji Naidu

Balaji Naidu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Link pyramid seems some thing new to me, I have never come across with such a process. Yes I am aware about link wheel and now link pyramid, looking to all these it seems that there is no definite way of linking, anything done to look whole network of linking as a natural process will help you to gain some juice. If this is the case than why should we stick to any one method, hope we should be creative and develop our different model of linking to make most out of them.

Balaji Naidu, Nov 9, 2011 IP
  19. peterlee12

peterlee12 Peon

Best Answers:
    You have described it so beautifully, I clearly understood about Link pyramid

peterlee12, Nov 10, 2011 IP
  20. websolutions85

websolutions85 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the post. Its Really awesome. But i have some confusion like as you said base start with low level links pointing to 2nd layer and then pointing to high level and in last pointing to my site. Just let me know that will i start from top or bottom? If i start to bottom from low level sites that can i point links to my site or the 2nd layer sites. e.g. www.example.com is a article writing site. I write an article and submit in that site how can i point the link to 2nd layer sites. Using my site link or any other way. Please explain. Sorry for incovenience as i am little slow in English.

websolutions85, Jun 14, 2012 IP