1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Adsense getting clicks from same user multiple times a day

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by linksharp, Oct 1, 2006.

I know that google adsense has a problem with the same people click ads or lets say telling people to click ads.
    I would think this made me think what if the same user came to the site everyday or multiple times a day and seen a ad they liked will google look up on that as spam to get clicks do google look to see if a person that click more then 1 time in a day bought something from one of the sites.

If the person didnt buy anything does google say this is spam dont give him the click ammount?
    I hope you understand this question

linksharp, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  2. hans

hans Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    is it a question about a problem youactually have NOW these hours
    if so
    then you know the user and tell him to stop

if it is just a theoretical question
    it sounds like
    why worry about such hypothetical problems that might occur or never occur at all or occur in 17 years from now ...

what about if Google main server gets hit in 17 days by a meteorite - will you still get your money or nothing at all ...?

if we all waste our time on possible things that could go wrong we might forget to do all the efforts needed to MAKE things right. click verification is Google's responsibility and never yours unless you invite people to act illegally.

focus on producing honest services that attract honest people and produce unique quality content to attract many people and you never have to worry

finally USA is a free country where regular site visitors can do what they want as long as what they want has honest real intentions

and if ads are attractive a user has a right to click - that's the purpose of ads
    and if the product is inattractive the user has the right to refuse to buyv - that's the responsibility of an advertiser to offer what his ads appear and to stand up for his promises and after all with a conversion of may be 10 or so % each advertiser has to accept a 90 or so % clickers to never purchase for whatever reason - lack of appeal, lack of usefulness, lack of relevancy.

I clicked the last weeks - in preparation of server move - a few times on an ad on other sites and did NO purchase because there was but a sign up page and no info page about what you sign up for ...
    that is advertisers mis-concept and never publishers responsibility. why should i sign up for something i never know what it is ??

Google will track real cheaters
    your good unique content will drive sufficient visitors with sufficient real customers for your adsense advertisers to be happy.

hans, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  3. alpalino

alpalino Peon

Best Answers:
    Is there a way for you to understand which user click on your ads. I thought you couldn't :confused: That is if you don't ask somebody to click for you. I thought that is the only way you can understand.

alpalino, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  4. AtanasYanev

AtanasYanev Active Member

Best Answers:
    AtanasYanev, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  5. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't worry about it that much ...

wissam, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  6. Claudek

Claudek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Adlogger's performance in terms of reporting visits/adsense clicks recently have not been that good for some reason. Had Adsense reports many more clicks than adlogger did - will be watching for the next update.

Claudek, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  7. Allen.H

Allen.H Peon

Best Answers:
    Google Adsense do not require you to use adlogger, you will not be accused of NOT using it to track down your 'click-friends', however - if you feel for any reason that your CTR isn't high just because a lot of people clicked your ads, do contact Google politely stating the problem.

It happened with me once, and i suppose it got me out of a lot of trouble.

A.H

Allen.H, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  8. visio

visio Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you get good traffic like 1000+ visitors a day it won't be a problem probably if the user is genuinely interested. However if it is you clicking your own ads expect to get caught one day:D

Google looks into sites that recieve very high CTR or all the sudden the CTR jumps up especially if the pageviews is very low. Again don't ever click your ads. We will all hate you for it and so will google. :D

visio, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  9. linksharp

linksharp Peon

Best Answers:
    the only reason i asked this is because i goto sites that have ads and ill click an ad to see if i want to get what ever there saleing.
    Sometimes i dont buy but sometimes i do.
    But I have seen myself in the course of a visit on a site click a few ads not the same one.
    But i just wondered if google would take that as spamming.
    Lets say that i go a week without buying anything I was concerned that google would take my action as spamming and just clicking ads.
    I dont know much about adsense, or ppc programs.
    I just want to get banned or any other site getting banned.

linksharp, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  10. RNB80190610

RNB80190610 Peon

Best Answers:
    What are "click friends" ?

RNB80190610, Oct 1, 2006 IP