1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Public School field trip takes kids to Mosque; taught to bow and pray to MO

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Helvetii, Sep 17, 2010.

Today, Americans for Peace and Tolerance released a video showing 6th graders from Wellesley, MA as they rise from prostrating themselves alongside Muslim men in a prayer to Allah while on a public school field trip to the largest mosque in the Northeast. Teachers did not intervene. Parents have not been told.

The video was taken inside the Islamic Society of Boston Cultural Center – Boston’s controversial Saudi-funded mega-mosque – during a Wellesley Middle School social studies trip to the mosque, ostensibly taken to learn about the history of Islam first-hand. Yet the video reveals that the students are being blatantly mis-educated about Islam. A mosque spokesperson is seen teaching the children that in Mohammed’s 7th century Arabia women were allowed to vote, while in America women only gained that right a hundred years ago. This seems to be an increasingly recurring theme in American schools – the denigration of western civilization and the glorification of Islamic history and values. In fact, just recently, the American Textbook Council revealed that the New York State high school regents exam whitewashes the atrocities that occurred during the imperialistic Islamic conquest of Christian Byzantium, Persia, the African continent, and the Indian subcontinent, even as it demonizes European colonialism in South America.

Of course, like second class citizens, the girls were separated and not allowed to participate.

http://infidelsarecool.com/2010/09/...nd-pray-to-muhammed-update-school-apologizes/

Helvetii, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  2. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    WTS : Cheap hand held MRL . Satisfaction guarantee .

This is an outrage . There's nothing more disgusting then indoctrination of young minds . I really wish I lived in the US to torch this place . Since it's in the media can't the Department of Education or someone that has authority over education retract their right to teach ? Man if this isn't a screaming insult to freedom I don't know what it is .

If you let children be indoctrinated whit this kind of crap in a decade you'd have to use a minigun to kill your own countrymen . This pretty much is the definition of evil .

ApocalypseXL, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  3. luke12

luke12 Member

Best Answers:
    Congratulations to the American freedom. The parents were not informed? This sounds like a suspicious plot to me.

luke12, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  4. Ibn Juferi

Ibn Juferi Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Naturally a ridiculously-named blog like "Infidels Are Cool" [sic] isn't exactly going to be endearing to Muslims or their religion.

Ibn Juferi, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  5. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Yes brainwashing is such a nice thing to do .

ApocalypseXL, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  6. Ibn Juferi

Best Answers:
    With an attitude like that, its no wonder why the school organised the field trip to understand the various religions so that their students do not end up like you.

Superintendent Bella Wong said yesterday that allowing the children to participate in the prayer service was a mistake, and apologized to parents in a letter.

Five middle schoolers participated in the Muslim midday prayer at the mosque, she said. Some can be seen in the video imitating some of the movements.

“It was not the intent for students to be able to participate in any of the religious practices,’’ Wong said. “The fact that any students were allowed to do so in this case was an error.’’

A community center spokesman said no one from the organization asked the pupils to participate in the prayers.

“Certainly in our tours we do not invite kids to take part, but if someone wants to come pray and take part, we shouldn’t prevent them,’’ said Bilal Kaleem, president of the Muslim American Society of Boston, which manages and runs the cultural center. “It’s more an issue with the school.’’

Kaleem said that the cultural center offers tours and that Wellesley educators had set up the field trip.

Wong said the mosque visit took place as part of the sixth-grade social studies course, “Enduring Beliefs in the World Today,’’ which includes lessons on Judaism, Hinduism, Christianity, and Islam. As part of the class, pupils also visit a synagogue, attend a gospel musical performance, and meet with Hindu religious representatives, she said.

That part of education must be sorely lacking in the earlier phase of your life.

Ibn Juferi, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  7. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Thank you for this personal attack . It only proves how limited you view is . Every time you think you're defending Islam you only harm it more . An apology is not going to change what is done . It just so happens that during uni i had 4 years of pedagogy training . I can declare that this "understand religions" think is nothing more the gargle covering some hidden intent .

The undeveloped mind cannot comprehend the concept of multiple religions . Teaching students about multiple religions usually occurs in the 12th grade when they are mature enough to assimilate such knowledge and even then the teaching is done only by theory not by example . Sometimes even adults are are not capable of understanding the concept of religious freedom and multiple religions . So please , don't come telling me that their intentions are good . They are either retards or malintended , this is anything but education .

It takes only one event to mutilate a child's mind the same way it took only one iceberg to sink the Titanic .

ApocalypseXL, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  8. Ibn Juferi

Best Answers:
    Making a comment based on your own statement "brainwashing is such a nice thing to do" (as well as your previous forum posts, which pretty much sums up your opinion of religions in particular) is not a personal attack. Claiming that my view is "limited", however, is.

What makes you think that I am "defending" Islam? Islam does not need any defending, its truth shines on its own. Besides, the news report is clear that the students also visited a synagogue and a Hindu temple, not just a mosque. Singling Islam out for the so-called "brainwashing" just because they visited a mosque (without mentioning the other two places) is just evidence of your extreme Islamophobia.

I have been on school field trips to Chinese temples, Buddhist temples, Batu Caves (a huge Hindu temple), Christian churches when I was around the same age as those schoolchildren. It helps me understand other religions better. At least I don't go on a pointless tirade about how such activities have caused me to become "brainwashed"!

Ibn Juferi, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  9. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    there's nothing wrong about learning about different religions

eric8476, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  10. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Next, I wonder if they'll take the children to the Church of Theistic Satanism, where they will be told how great satanism is, and even be allowed to participate in a real Satanic chanting invocation ritual, and after that, head off for an educational proselytizing lecture and E-meter auditing at the Church of Scientology perhaps?

Rebecca, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  11. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    you know the majority of parents will not go for that

eric8476, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  12. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    The parents where not aware that their kids are being brainwashed in this case . Your argument is invalid .

ApocalypseXL, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  13. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    the parents must have signed permission slips and learning about a religion is not necessarily brainwashing

14. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    The parents didn't sign a permission slip to have their children actually participate in prayer. That's why the school sent letters of apology to the parents, and stated the teachers were in error for allowing it. Beyond that, I would object as well to public schools taking children on field trips in which they are exposed to religious proselytizing lectures. In the video, a spokeswoman for the mosque told the students, "You have to believe in Allah, and Allah is the one God, the only one worthy of worship, all forgiving, all merciful." I really don't find this appropriate for a public school field trip for 6th graders.

Rebecca, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  15. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    Religious field trips are unnecessary and extremely harmful to the child's mind . Religions should not be taught until late highschool and even the only by theory in class .

This abomination they called field trip sets a "chose your (cool) religion" contest in the child's mind and this causes a great deal of stress and can lead to a crippled social behavior if the problem goes unnoticed . Since adults can go suicidal due to religion based stress you you can't even imagine what goes on in that kid's mind .

16. Idiot Inside

Idiot Inside Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

;)

Idiot Inside, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  17. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    @ Idiot Inside

Question for you...

Let's say you live in a predominately muslim country such as Pakistan. To go further, let's also say you're a muslim and have a child in the 6th grade. The class is going on a field trip to a christian church, and your child reports how they participated in prayer to jesus as G-d, and part of the lecture was "You have to believe in Jesus, and Jesus is the one God, the only one worthy of worship, all forgiving, all merciful."

You're okay with that, right?

Rebecca, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  18. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    @IdiotInside
    I don't assume that you've bother reading the article . You could have seen that the school :
    -went to the mosque
    -left the subhuman sex object know as girls outside
    -prayed to the "god of peace"
    -got bashed by the outraged media
    -came out and said that this was a "mistake" and that it was part of a tour
    So if this was part of a tour why didn't they announced the parents at least ? Could it be because they didn't want the parents stopping them from preaching about apostle Kaboom ?

19. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    geez, parents needed to give permission for the trip. i have an issue about that

20. Roman

Roman Buffalo Tamer™

Best Answers:
    I imagine heads would roll, suicide bombers would go boom, and multiples of 72 virgins would be called into action.

Oh, wait, they weren't drawing cartoons, it would be much worse.

Roman, Sep 19, 2010 IP