1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

DMOZ Paid Inclusion

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by Going Green, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    She wont give it... thats why I can claim to be a Meta editor *shrug* ANYONE it seems can claim anything.

I can link up to my Profile though to at least back up the fact that I was an editor... something she wont even do. All she can do is complain about my handful of edits and brag about her supposedly huge number of them... but honestly, I can't see how they would allow such things as that within the directory. She has been banned here for breaking the rules, so if rule breaking is a mainstay within the directory, then I guess that's proof enough!

As for reporting editors to AOL, good luck! AOL makes no claims of ODP ownership that I can find, in fact, the ODP does not even make the claims... they still say they are owned by Netscape (which ya can't find any links to the ODP on either).

Qryztufre, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  2. The Peoples SEO

The Peoples SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Its a dam shame, Instead of trying to argue with everyone who doesn't agree with him/her views about DMOZ he or she just say "Hey, give me your URL so I can look at your site and see what needs to be done for inclusion" instead he or she wants to act like a douche bag towards everybody... 1300 post's and all from troll DMOZ threads. I think your are right though, if he or she was really an editor they would have posted in their sig...

The Peoples SEO, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  3. Anonymously

Anonymously Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I am an editor not an unpaid reviewer of any website that people care to post when they can read the guidelines for themselves and when most sites wait for a review. If you read the posts you have made on here they contribute mainly comments that DMOZ is corrupt and other various pieces of vitriol, probably from the sour grapes you seem to eat.

If you had read very much on here you might have discovered how one of our editors, Snooks, by using his editor name was subject to telephone calls at home to such an extent that he had to inform the police.

Anonymously, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  4. The Peoples SEO

The Peoples SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Excuses are like butt holes, everybody has one. I see editors with their ODP profile in their signatures, so stop it. You wont post yours because you know they would turn you in for the way you been acting on these forums lol...

The Peoples SEO, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  5. Qryztufre

Qryztufre Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    How crazy it is that people are posting such personal details online! *boggle*

Posting your real name is one thing, posting your editor profile is completely another.

It really does sound like you are just making excuses. I'll remember that the next time you ask me for proof. I'll come in and say "this one time that 'The Peoples SEO' asked someone to back something up and they made completely irrelevant excuses, so now I don't need to back up what I said.

You must have used your IRL name for your editor account *boggle* Ya know, I'd be willing to bet that you could get staff or at least the meta team to back up you getting that changed... because it takes a fool to do that, and fools are often pitied... unless of course you are just making that up, which would really surprise NO ONE at this point.

Qryztufre, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  6. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    With anon's 30,000 edit and been an editor for 10 years we can now narrow down the list. lol. Same amount of edit as Annie heh ! Psst ! Anon ! The Peoples SEO is talking to you. LMAO.

popotalk, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  7. nashikdirectory

nashikdirectory Peon

Best Answers:
    If Dmoz starts charging than probably they will get lot of customers but whole purposer of maintaining good time tested website will go away.

nashikdirectory, Sep 30, 2010 IP
    Anonymously likes this.
  8. helleborine

helleborine Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DMOZ pretty much receives no visitors, no one uses DMOZ. Right now DMOZ serves no purpose. If AOL charged for listings to drum up revenue from suckers with SEO notions stuck in 2001, that would be a purpose. It doesn't matter if DMOZ quality is high or in the pits, no one ever lays eyes on it.

helleborine, Sep 30, 2010 IP
  9. patrick69

patrick69 Peon

Best Answers:
    Being listed in DMOZ is important in the eyes of the search engines - thats what all the IM Gurus say!

patrick69, Oct 10, 2010 IP
  10. jimnoble

jimnoble Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ..and their credentials are?
    Their opinions are more credible than Google's statements?

jimnoble, Oct 10, 2010 IP
  11. dugu

dugu Active Member

Best Answers:
    dugu, Oct 17, 2010 IP
  12. seolinks

seolinks Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I do agree with you because dmoz is the finest directory on earth, money wouldt be waste it always worth.

seolinks, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  13. tattoos

tattoos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo does not offer paid inclusion, so I doubt DMOZ will.

Important note: Use of the Yahoo! Directory Submit program does not ensure that your submission will be accepted for inclusion in the Yahoo! Directory. Final judgment on the suitability, placement, and description of all sites submitted to Yahoo! is solely the responsibility of the Yahoo! directory team.

Are you serious? Do you honestly believe editors would stoop as low as entrapment? Or is that just the excuse they use when someone catches them selling links in public places?
    and you think webmasters are slimy :rolleyes:

Cheers
    James

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
    tattoos, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  14. nashikdirectory

nashikdirectory Peon

Best Answers:
    Dmoz is a better and more ethical directory than yahoo .I wish they must have fast indexing system with properly written guidlines so that good quality sites can be made visible on the internet.

nashikdirectory, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  15. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    it does carry some pagerank importance

soniqhost.com, Oct 19, 2010 IP
  16. helleborine

helleborine Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not anymore, and "pagerank" itself has morphed into something more complex that includes page freshness among many other things that I don't care to reveal ;-)

helleborine, Oct 20, 2010 IP
  17. supernewsworld

supernewsworld Peon

Best Answers:
    DMOZ is very important as far as SEO is concern,may be i paid them.

supernewsworld, Oct 20, 2010 IP
  18. caisc

caisc Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you trying to indirectly bribe DMOZ editors ?

The ODP was developed in the spirit of Open Source, where development and maintenance are done by net-citizens, and results are made freely available for all net-citizens. Paid listings will spoil the whole initiative.

Raise your site standard and get listed with patience.

caisc, Nov 7, 2010 IP
  19. Faryal

Faryal Peon

Best Answers:
    i never listened that dmoz is paid,
    i only know from years that they merit a site for its credibility.

Faryal, Nov 7, 2010 IP
  20. Cron

Cron Peon

Best Answers:
    In the early days of DMOZ I got quite a few sites included. However now I can't get one. I hear the editors are pretty snowed under.

Cron, Nov 28, 2010 IP