1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

A nice balance between manual and automatic article spinning

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by casimps1, Sep 17, 2010.

I was wondering if there is any software or web service out there that would strike a nice balance between manual and automatic article spinning.

I'm not looking for something totally automated because those usually generate garbage. You get good results from the spinners where you manually input alternate phrases and words in curly braces (for example) and the spinner spits out random selections from your manually provided options. However, even that is tedious to go through an entire article and come up with all the alternate phrases...

So, I figured there has to be something out there that is like an enhanced version of Notepad... kinda like WordFlood if you've used that. But I'd like to be able to click on any word in my article, have it display a list of synonyms for it (similar to WordFlood), but then also be able to select which synonyms to use in that instance. So, if my article says "essentially", I want to be able to click on "essentially", then click on the synonyms I think are appropriate (e.g. - "basically" and "fundamentally") and have it automatically change my article text from "essentially" to "{essentially|basically|fundamentally}". In other words it eases the creation of the seed article that feeds into a spinner. I hope this rambling all makes sense.

Is there anything like this? If not, is there any demand for this? Because if it doesn't exist I think I'm going to make the tool myself. :)

casimps1, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  2. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Regardless if there is one or not, it does not matter, because the bottom line is there simply are not enough replacement words anyway to fool Google more than once, and, to make it a quality article for your readers at the same time.

Come on...think about it.

Use one of your articles to experiment with. Go to http://thesaurus.com to use as many words from your article as you can. In the end, you will see for yourself.

Read this http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Best-Spinner-vs-Contentboss

Whomever wrote that review piece on The BestSpinner tried to show what a great program it is, but in actuality all he did was to show what crap it is, and why such spinners really aren't needed, because of the reason I gave.

Funny stuff.

Perry Rose, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  3. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    @Casimps: The Best Spinner is the best such spinning software available. It seems a certain Mr. Perry Rose, as usual, has no idea what he is talking about. There IS a huge list of synonyms available with this program and, their sheer number, which is already mind-boggling, increases, by leaps and bounds, every day. Thousands of users of this program manually add their synonyms while spinning an article through this program and this list of synonyms is available for one and all.

Do not blindly believe an article on Hubpages. No doubt, while Contentboss is pretty efficient, the high, recurring, monthly expenses are way too much, compared with the yearly charges of TFS.

If you have any doubts about the capabilities of TBS, send over a paragraph to me, and I'll spin it and send it back to you. All said and done, a spinner cannot read your mind.

parsibagan, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  4. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Just a paragraph? Better yet, do a 500-word article for him.

Give him two spun versions from the original article that would not only fool Google, but also make sense, along with the same quality intact that has readers reading it to the end.

But, he was asking for a "nice balance between manual and automatic article spinning" anyway, now wasn't he.

Oh, and, um, by the way...the Thesaurus itself has a hell of a lot more.

5. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree that you are correct. Just visited that thesaurus site to search for a suitable replacement for the word `translate.'

Can you please translate this for me?

Here are the recommended verbs : "alter, commute, convert, metamorphose, transfigure, transform, transmogrify, transmute, transpose, turn"

Which one do you recommend?

Parry, as far as spinning a sample paragraph for the OP is concerned, it was a freebie offered by me... if you can up the ante, why not do it yourself?

6. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    So, in other words, you cannot do it.

Gee, there's a shocker.

And, uh, I cannot do it myself because...there aren't enough words to serve the purpose.

Whew!

Try to pay attention, okay, little noobie?

7. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Then why did you recommend the Thesaraus to him?

Good to see you admit that you cannot do it yourself.

As far as the question of me being unable to do it... mind joining me on some reputed, article specific forums, like `Constant Content' and discussing this thread. I'll try to reply back to your post before you are banned from there, because that forum has a zero tolerance as far as `personal attacks on other members' are concerned. I've joined DP long after you did, but your earlier posts reveal that you were as foul-mouthed before, as you are now.

8. omarabid

omarabid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm really bored with such discussions. Let's sum it up: There are two kind of articles on the web.

1. Articles that are well written; you can refer to them as creative writing. Such article would cost at least $50 per 500 words and even more. These articles engage with the reader and are nice to read. They bring readership, social media traffic and Search Engine traffic

2. Crap. It costs $3 the article or simply software articles. They DO bring Google traffic, but it's considerably less than the well written article and that's why you have to post many articles. 15-20 time more and even more to get the same traffic for a quality article. They don't build social recognition and the reader is very likely to close the page within the first 2-4 seconds.

omarabid, Sep 18, 2010 IP
    parsibagan likes this.
  9. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Awesome post... just gave you a rep :)

parsibagan, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  10. omarabid

Best Answers:
    What is rep?

11. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    A reputation point.... just see a * on the left hand corner below any post. :)

12. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    Oh no! ... He trapped me again! lol

Like a little child trying to get back at me, still looking for things to get me?

I have to stop here so I can calm myself from laughing so hard. Hold on................

Okay.

I, and others, were talking about doing it....manually. lol Doing it manually will always be better, as many of us have said in the past.

Ah, yes, he never gets tired of playing the fool.

Still waiting for those automated spun articles.

Perry Rose, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  13. casimps1

casimps1 Peon

Best Answers:
    13 responses and I get a flame war and nobody really directly addressing my specific question. Is that typical of this forum?

@Perry - I have experimented with one of my own articles and manually choosing synonyms and then running those manually selected possibilities through a spinner. The results were perfect for my purposes, but I wasn't keen on the way I had to do the work to add synonyms. I'm not looking for advice on what I should be doing instead of this, I'm looking for advice on how to do what I've already decided to do only easier.

@parsibagan - I'm not interested in software to pick synonyms for me. I want to do that manually, I just want to do it more easily than I do now. So I'm more interested in a spinner's user interface than it's results. I know I can get good results even from a free spinner if I have a good enough seed article with well-chosen synonyms. It's making the seed article (i.e. - changing "essentially" to "{essentially|basically|fundamentally}") that's tedious.

casimps1, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  14. casimps1

casimps1 Peon

Best Answers:
    @parsibagan - on a related note, I should point out that it's always suspect when someone offers to run automated software for you as proof of how good the software is. How can you guarantee that you didn't just spin it manually to get the best looking results and just made it seem like the software did it?

casimps1, Sep 18, 2010 IP
  15. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    First off your previous query... you can check out `power article rewriter.' It has inbuilt synonyms to which you can add your own. So, if a particular synonym is not suitable (and it shall be in approximately 50% of the time), just add one that you feel suitable... and yes, this program does add curly braces and the pipe character.

There is no fully automated software per se. You get a small/big list of intelligent/foolish synonyms. However, `the best spinner' is awesome in the sense that it shares its list, and adds to the same via the users. So if you add a synonym for a particular word, it gets added to their database for other users to avail. The best part is that it also boasts of a feature where you can save your preferred synonyms in special databanks that are exclusive to you. Hope this helps. :)

P.S.: I also use the search and replace feature of `MS Word' along with macros to undertake this task. (search for `xyz' and replace with `{xyz|uhu|lol}'

16. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'll try to capture a small demo of PAR and upload it on youtube in a week or so... just wish each day had 8 hours... sigh!

17. omarabid

Best Answers:
    Quite interesting, though I knew about it, I didn't knew that users are who add it. I have 54 points right now. :)

18. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, that's an awesome number... but then, you deserve them for your useful posts.

19. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    There is a solution, IF you plan in advance.

Make your title 9 or 10 words, with 4 keywords followed by 5 PowerWords. Now write down only good synonyms below each title word. Lets say 7 have 4 and 2 have 3. This means you can actually manually and with the spin & make 3 new originals, since each have 3 replacements. First write the highest quality original.

Then get out The best spinner and copy in the article. Put all the title words into "do not replace". Use the personal favorites, pick your own changes. Each time it is easier as your personal favorites build (usually pick 2 to 4 only). Remember your keywords both in the title and article will change, so you need just over 15% change to show. When you have done enough personal favorites to meet the amount, do your spin.

Now the manual part. Use the find and replace on each word in the title to change throughout the content. Now proofread the article, and make about 6 changes. That is new copy 2, new keywords, just same theme.

Run the spin program (TBS) again. Then manually do as above with the title words. Proofread, this is copy 3.

On more time because all words change again are synonyms. complete as above for original copy 4.

NOW WHY do I do it this way. Each article because of interchangeable words has 30 chances to best in top 10 search position, with 4 articles that means 120 changes of which 20 + should be. That means a lot more traffic, plus that which the search engine brings.

Now it you want to maximize you could have copy 2b, 2c, 2d etc.

You never want to just use the spinner alone, that is cutting and slashing the heart of the article. This way is far superior to any handwritten rewrites, because the actual heart (title) was complete changed, not just sliced and diced.

If you do not want to do the manual work portion, then use Contentboss.

Right now I am completing an off spin trial of this concept. The result will be 20 new articles that started with one very well written original. NEW, not simply spins. It I was selling articles, and the client bought 4, I would have a stock of 16 available.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
    dyadvisor, Sep 19, 2010 IP
  20. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Veering slightly away from the topic, TBS is awesome, but I dislike the way it changes words that are present in lines above the line I am currently working on, using auto-replace. Thanks again for the excellent tip, dyadvisor. :)

parsibagan, Sep 20, 2010 IP