1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

10 Bing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by coykiesaol, Sep 16, 2010.

As Bing continues to develop and grow, more and more webmasters would want to know how they can improve their site rankings on Bing. Here are some Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tips to increase your website’s ranking on Bing:

Bing SEO Tip 1: Web Page Title
    It is very important that your page title contains the key words that would summarize the contents of your page

Bing SEO Tip 2: Your Web Domain Age
    Bing favors websites with older domains. Essentially, the earlier you register/create your domain, the better Bing will rank you website. So if you are looking into developing a new website, it would be best to purchase or use an older domain.

Bing SEO Tip 3: The right amount of Text
    Bing appears to give pages with 300 – 500 words with higher rankings. Unlike Google, Yahoo, or Cuil, Bing seems to focus more on the relevance of the page title to the contents on the page.

Bing SEO Tip 4: A lot of quality links
    It is important to build as many back links to your website as possible. However, a good link is sometimes better than 100 regular links and a bad link will actually lower your rankings. So be sure that the links to your page are strongly related to your contents.

Bing SEO Tip 5: Static Links are better
    Is best to keep all your URLs static and simple. A static URL is easier to bookmark and easier to index.

Bing SEO Tip 6: Linking to other web pages
    In contrast to Google, Bing does not penalize your page rankings if you create a link to a page outside of your website. However, since Google does penalize your rankings, it would be best to limit the amount of external links for the optimal result.

You can still have external links while not leaking your page’s link juice or be penalized. All you have to do is to add rel=”nofollow” in all your link tags.

EX: ?a href=”samplelink.html” rel=”nofollow” >

Bing SEO Tip 7: Be friendly to the web crawlers
    Be sure to have a “robots.txt” file in your main directory that allows the MSNBot to crawl your site. You should also prevent web crawlers from crawling specific files and folders.

Bing SEO Tip 8: Organized HTML coding style
    Bing likes web pages that are designed and coded according to W3C (World Wide Web Consortium) standards. This means that you should design web pages with well-formed HTML tags & codes, be sure that your page does no have any unclosed tags or broken links. You can use the W3C validation service

HTML Code:
    validator.w3.org/

to test your page.

Bing SEO Tip 9: Update your pages
    If a page from your website is removed or changed to a different URL location, then you need to redirect your visitors to a new web page.

Bing SEO Tip 10: Protect your users
    Your web site should not lead visitors to unwanted malware or third-party websites that contain malicious contents or contents that are unrelated to your page.

coykiesaol, Sep 16, 2010 IP
  2. djzoonM

djzoonM Peon

Best Answers:
    Great tips, thanks :)

djzoonM, Sep 16, 2010 IP
  3. thunderbolt007

thunderbolt007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Where did that stuff came from? No offense but have you tried it already or just get this articles from someone? Please post the original poster of this Bing tips. Thanks.

thunderbolt007, Sep 16, 2010 IP
  4. mattly

mattly Peon

Best Answers:
    Useful post...however I have seen same techniques for google SEO

mattly, Sep 16, 2010 IP
  5. simplevicky1983

simplevicky1983 Member

Best Answers:
    Hello,

I think these are the same for Google Ranking factor also I think bing and google are using same kind of algorithms as my site show same effect in both search engine.

Thanks,

simplevicky1983, Sep 16, 2010 IP
  6. 3glogic

3glogic Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes Bing and Google algorithm is mostly same ......above listed guidelines is really helpful..

3glogic, Sep 16, 2010 IP
  7. rwsseo

rwsseo Peon

Best Answers:
    Generally we optimize site for all search engines, yes different search engines algorithm are different. But we do proper on page and off page optimization for our site rank well in all search engines.

rwsseo, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  8. indiannews007

indiannews007 Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

this tips help to optimize site in Bing search engine.

indiannews007, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  9. magenforts

magenforts Guest

Best Answers:
    this is great,thanks.

magenforts, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  10. magenforts

magenforts Guest

Best Answers:
    Bing SEO Tip 6: Linking to other web pages

how?

magenforts, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  11. theseomonk

theseomonk Peon

Best Answers:
    Well page rank is the only concern with Google and with no any other search engine so not a right tip for Bing optimization.

Confused here with this statement that "robot.text" file you are using to invite crawler to crawl while we are using robot.txt file to stop crawler to read some mentioned URL's or web pages.

theseomonk, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  12. pammi388

pammi388 Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice tips..

pammi388, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  13. theemerchant

theemerchant Guest

Best Answers:
    Pretty good post. wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your posts.

theemerchant, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  14. merockysingh

merockysingh Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it is not necessary. If you are giving the link of popular sites in your posts then no need to add nofollow attributes.

merockysingh, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  15. mannclann

mannclann Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with @rwsseo in providing proper seo for both on page and off page. However I am not so sure that Bing and Google are all that close in their algorithim as 3glogic has indicated.

Now that Bing has taken the second position in searches over Yahoo it becomes even more important to understand Bing better.

mannclann, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  16. theseoguys

theseoguys Member

Best Answers:
    I don't know how you could say this when I rank on the 2d page of Google for one of my sites, and in Bing I don't rank at all? That seems to defy the logic behind your statement.

theseoguys, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  17. webdelux

webdelux Peon

Best Answers:
    Good list of duties. Is it worth wasting your time on Bing though? Seems like a lot of work for little results.

webdelux, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  18. jasonvan

jasonvan Member

Best Answers:
    My understanding is that search engines, including Bing, will never penalize you for something that could have been done by somebody else. That is why I believe that backlinks from "bad neighborhoods" should not get you penalized. Otherwise, I could easily acquire some "bad" links for my competitors and see them drop below me in the ranks. Come to think of it, that could be fun...

jasonvan, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  19. deepakg

deepakg Peon

Best Answers:
    we think there still allot of work that bing still needs to improve on, we still need to give it some time..but most of these issues should have been dealt with before bing went public, as another ms release there's still some bugs.

deepakg, Sep 17, 2010 IP
  20. xubair

xubair Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry mate but there is nothing new in your tips and Bing actually loves those links which come from article marketing. So try building a good no. of links using article marketing if you really want to rank good enough on bing!

xubair, Sep 17, 2010 IP