1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Doesn't this just piss you off?

Discussion in 'ODP / DMOZ' started by mdvaldosta, Dec 26, 2005.

1. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Brizzie is correct, of course. Just because some of the editors and admins are "tools" doesn't mean the whole directory is... ;)

minstrel, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  2. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I just wish dmoz would either go away or be restructured to actually be more useful. (Sites are listed, but I am seeing little use anymore for the directory)

debunked, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  3. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Why should they charge $5 dollar when "senior" editors sell the listings for couple of hundreds and up depending on the category under SEO project brand name? :rolleyes:

It wouldn't be very smart of them to charge $5 instead of couple of hundreds, would it? ;)

gworld, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  4. gboisseau

gboisseau Peon

Best Answers:
    It just amazes me that posters here can spend so much time bitching about the ODP and not lifting a finger to help. They whine about how the ODP has corrupt editors (this is abunch of BS, btw), and how "I can't get my site listed". There are quite a few editors, like myself, that spend many, many hours a week working on the directory. It is really pathetic to see that someone has the time to post over 2000 times, complains about the ODP, and does nothing to help.

Just like the old saying - 'If you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem.' :)

gboisseau, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  5. gboisseau

gboisseau Peon

Best Answers:
    Gworld, is there nothing nice you can say? If you have proof of corrupt editors, please pm me. If you don't, then can you stop the constant insulting of our editors?

6. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What do you call selling DMOZ listings under the disguise of SEO project, if not corruption? :rolleyes:

As brizzie mentioned previously, this is known practice inside DMOZ and it is accepted. What are you going to do about it, join almighty neb on doing nothing? :rolleyes:

gworld, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  7. gboisseau

gboisseau Peon

Best Answers:
    Again, I ask you to send me proof. Whatever you have will be dealt with. BYW, you sure are quick! ;)

8. minstrel

Best Answers:
    What amazes me is that you keep showing up here and at RZ to bitch about what we post. :rolleyes:

What exactly have you done lately to address the very real problems at DMOZ?

9. gboisseau

gboisseau Peon

Best Answers:
    What exactly have you done lately to address the very real problems at DMOZ? Some of us are working very hard to clean up the directory. The complaining in here is not the reason that this is happening, btw. We take very seriously the accusations and information that is given. If you have any proof of abuse, I welcome you to give me the details. :) I came in here offering to help, and all I got was grief from you and gworld. And you wonder why editors don't want to post here?

BTW, how often have you seen me post here or in the RZ? I am just sick and tired of the constant complaining obout the ODP from a minority of posters.

10. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    It seems the complains are from everyone with the exception of the usual DMOZ apologists, therefore it is a majority and not minority. ;)

gworld, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  11. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Poor gboisseau. How sad... :rolleyes:

But you know what they say: If you can't take the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen.

12. gboisseau

gboisseau Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't worry about me, minstrel, I don't take it personal. 'Big Boys Don't Cry'. :)

13. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    For starters I already gave a link yesterday and sometime ago. Nothing happened. Meaning it is or cannot be dealt with as it is owned and affiliated sites declared by editor. :rolleyes:

Let us count the said minority who complains about the ODP and the majority ODP defenders in DP alone. Lets do the arithmetic. ;)

Corrupt editors ? I just don't know why it is very hard for most editors to look for them ? Is it hard to see the declared affiliations ? Or just because they are co- editors which have sworn till death do us part with the directory. :eek:

popotalk, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  14. gboisseau

gboisseau Peon

Best Answers:
    Only metas can see the declared affiliations - I am not one. As for the category you listed yesterday - I do not see what you are trying to convey.

15. lmocr

lmocr Peon

Best Answers:
    Nor did I - but I did correct a couple of typos I found in the category.

lmocr, Sep 30, 2006 IP
    compostannie likes this.
  16. compostannie

compostannie Peon

Best Answers:
    I visited the link you gave and edited a couple of listings but you never said which ones were a problem so I had to guess. Either you can't see it yet or I guessed at the wrong listings.

Yes, it is hard for most editors to see the declared affiliations. They are only available to admins and meta editors.

compostannie, Sep 30, 2006 IP
    popotalk likes this.
  17. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You guessed wrong Annie. But I will let you know. :)

Then they have missed it. :D

I will let you know later Annie. We trust you. :)

18. compostannie

compostannie Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks popotalk, I'd appreciate that and I will look at it as soon as you tell me.

Are you saying there is a way for regular editors and editalls to see affiliations? :confused:

compostannie, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  19. popotalk

popotalk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I was talking about the Admins and Metas. ;)

20. gworld

gworld Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What are you trying to convey? First you were working hard to clean up the directory but you don't have permission to see affiliations or remove any editor, so what is it that your working so hard on? is it doing nothing like neb? :rolleyes:

why do the "senior" editors need to make the affiliation list a secret? Are they trying to hide so many DMOZ listings they sell per year? ;)
    In good old days, there were estimates that "Senior" editors could make between 100-200 thousands /year, any estimate about how much they make now from selling listings? :rolleyes:

gworld, Sep 30, 2006 IP