1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need to find contact details of domain owner - copying content!

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by geester1, Sep 11, 2010.

I have an established website and I have noticed another widesite that has copied content from my site, in a direct way to confuse people they have added an S after my site the offending domain is www [.] lcdenclosures [.]co [.]uk my site is lcd enclosure dot co dot uk

When I check the whois is does not give address or full name, but they are (obviously) hidding their ID, what can I do to have their domain cancelled? I have contacted their original ISP who terminated the service of hosting due to copyright infringement but they have moved to another host, with SAME site, reported again but I can see this going on forever, hence the reason why the have hidden their contact details. So I need to stop them what can I do??????????

Any idea greatly appreciated.

G

geester1, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  2. EvanP

EvanP Banned

Best Answers:
    Pay someone to hack/deface their site.

EvanP, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  3. mjewel

mjewel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    What good are the contact details unless you are going to sue them? If you want to sue them, hire an attorney. I would personally not go that route. The site isn't a direct rip, doesn't even have a working contact page, and I can't see how they are going to take any business from you.

mjewel, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  4. SalmanAbbas007

SalmanAbbas007 Peon

Best Answers:
    lol XD they copied the contents and have placed a Copyscape icon in the footer rofl

SalmanAbbas007, Sep 11, 2010 IP
  5. AstarothSolutions

AstarothSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    Also go to the domain registrar to claim ownership of the domain if they are passing off on your branding

AstarothSolutions, Sep 13, 2010 IP
  6. lcwadminbj

lcwadminbj Peon

Best Answers:
    Get off and stay off the LEGAL forum if criminal acts are your only solutions. This is the LEGAL i repeat LEGAL forum.

lcwadminbj, Sep 13, 2010 IP
  7. geester1

geester1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    did that and the registrar told me they see no similarities, they even copied my home page description and changed 1 word! How can I force registrar to pass domain to me?

geester1, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  8. Business Attorney

Business Attorney Active Member

Best Answers:
    If they copied your text on their home page originally, it looks like they must have changed it. Yes, there are a number of similarities in the two texts but if you are both selling LCD enclosures, one would expect that you would make basically the same points about your products. At a quick read, it certainly doesn't seem that the other site has copied your text.

As for getting their domain transferred to you, I don't see that happening, period. You can collect money damages if they copy your copyrighted materials, but I think it is improbable that a court would require transfer of a domain simply because of a copyright infringement.

Of course, if the domain infringed a trademark owned by you, you could use the The Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy (UDRP) to require transfer of the domain. In your case, you chose the name "LCDEnclosure.com" to sell LCD enclosures. I am highly skeptical that a UDRP panel would allow you to prevent anyone selling LCD enclosures from obtaining a domain name with those key words.

I am not familiar with UK trademark law but in the US the name "LCD Enclosure" would almost certainly be found to be purely descriptive and not protected by trademark.

Business Attorney, Sep 14, 2010 IP
  9. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    good advice. If they registered it at godaddy, you're in luck.

contentboss, Sep 15, 2010 IP
  10. wptheme

wptheme Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I went to the site it says

wptheme, Sep 15, 2010 IP
  11. cathyfleur

cathyfleur Peon

Best Answers:
    hello.. I checked the WHOIS information of lcdenclosures.co.uk in whoisxy.com and saw the owner details. Please check the site to see if those were the details you wanted to know.

cathyfleur, Sep 17, 2010 IP
    achiles and aarlene like this.