1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Publish strategy

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by truelysam, Aug 26, 2010.

I am a newbie affiliate publisher
    I would like to write some articles and at the same time, promote some affiliate links
    As a newbie, I think the rate of conversion of my articles will be very low
    I would like to start by writing daily and frequently about miscellaneous things that come into my mind all of a sudden which are worth publish and share

My problem is

- If I just grab a free wordpress account and start writing. Feel a tiny bit uncomfortable to publish under other's domain as my articles are my property. And I worry that my account will be suspended in the future for unknown reason. My effort will be wasted. And google would not rank my articles well if I re-publish them

-If I grab my own domain name. the topics of my articles are so miscellaneous. I worry that it not rank well because of this

Or I should just forget this idea, grab a domain name and start by concentrate on a topic?

Please advice

truelysam, Aug 26, 2010 IP
  2. peejaydee

peejaydee Peon

Best Answers:
    There's nothing wrong with starting your own domain that doesn't focus on one particular subject. Each page could stand alone in terms of subject matter.

Equally, I'm not sure what your hang-up is with using sites like blogger or wordpress to get started. You can always take your pages down if you want your own site but, yes, they probably will be indexed already and cached with the search engines.
    Why would you have your account suspended for an unknown reason? You are thinking of writing the content yourself aren't you - not ripping it off?

peejaydee, Aug 27, 2010 IP
  3. truelysam

truelysam Peon

Best Answers:
    yes, I would write content myself,

I worry about wordpress account suspend simply because it is a free service, I don't pay wordpress to have an account, wordpress can do anything they like with all their free accounts, wordpress owe me nothing to keep my account running,
    We all have account suspended experience of free service that we use online. Do we?

truelysam, Aug 27, 2010 IP
  4. omarabid

omarabid Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I never got my account suspended for no reason.

omarabid, Aug 27, 2010 IP
  5. the writer

the writer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In my opinion, if you believe you're going to write a lot of content it's best to purchase your own domain and hosting package and go that route. If you're unsure you'll have enough to write about over time, then go the free route just to test yourself.

It's always better to have your own articles on your own site. You can control your advertising and not have to worry about anyone censoring you or suspending your account, as you stated.

the writer, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  6. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    What he said.

And why wouldn't you want to have your own domain, anyway?

It does not matter to the spiders, as long as each page (subdomain) has it's own article, own subject.

Perry Rose, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  7. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I give beers when due... here's a crate full of them... where do you want them delivered please?

OP: Perry just provided you with a goldmine.

parsibagan, Sep 11, 2010 IP