1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

What is This ?????????????

Discussion in 'Google' started by Toon-c, Sep 10, 2010.

What is Google trying to do ?

What's this new update ? Google instant ?
    What's the benefit for searchers ?

As a normal person, I find it really, REALLY annoying to see the page shifts when I'm typing , I was like "stop, what the hell!"

PS: how to turn this thing offffff ?

As a webmaster, I must say goodbye to mys websites ranking for a long tail keywords only ...

From Matt Cutts blog http://www.mattcutts.com/blog/thoughts-on-google-instant/

Discuss !

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
    Toon-c, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  2. extremephp

extremephp Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly the same of What am Feeling :D And It simply make use of my net Resource !

~ExP~

extremephp, Sep 10, 2010 IP
    Toon-c likes this.
  3. verdecove

verdecove Member

Best Answers:
    I find it annoying too and I'm sure a lot more people will feel the same way.
    This time Google did not improve for the benefit of the user I believe.
    Some people might like it, usually the ones they are too lazy to type something and other will hate it because a moving page sucks and distracts. Already years ago when I started with simple html webdesign we got taught us trying hard to avoid any nerving moves of pages when the user types anything or clicks on something.
    But time will tell how it will effect users and if maybe people will wander off to bing or yahoo or some of the smaller search engines which meanwhile do pretty good jobs too.

Just my 2 cents
    Cheers
    verdecove

verdecove, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  4. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Not so annoying, It is actually interesting, but yes, it eats a lot of my bandwidth as my internet plan is bandwidth limited.
    You can easily turn it off. the option is there just next to the search button.
    And yes, it will surely affect the websites which rank only for long tail keywords.

psharma, Sep 10, 2010 IP