1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Will Google Instant will put an end to SEO ?

Discussion in 'Google' started by Websys_seo, Sep 9, 2010.

?

Your move while using Google Instant for searching?

1. Observing search results after every streaming of SERP

16.7%
  2. Searching my desired keyword without looking at Instant result.

33.3%
  3. Instant result is helping in selecting optimum keyword

16.7%
  4. I like to search Google without Instant

55.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DoDo Me

DoDo Me Peon

Best Answers:
    MAYBE will no more SERP, just first spot matters

DoDo Me, Sep 9, 2010 IP
  2. dragons5

dragons5 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    the point of Google Instant is that it allows search results to appear much quicker than normal and saves a click. It will actually enhance the need for SEO, not decline it. It will also have a hazardous effect on PPC as this could cause impressions to go up, which will drive up cost.

dragons5, Sep 9, 2010 IP
  3. Keith1981

Keith1981 Peon

Best Answers:
    You make a good point sudip. I'm sure some people will use google instant but I don't think people will use it to the point where some sites that are rank high, seeing a huge dip in traffic.

Keith1981, Sep 9, 2010 IP
  4. B.Williams

B.Williams Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think its not affect SEO. Because if you get better ranking in search result then you get more traffic either by instant or either by normal search. SEO is still their

B.Williams, Sep 9, 2010 IP
  5. Lovely

Lovely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I dont think Google Instant can put an end to SEO, but SEO will still continue with or without Google Instant...

Lovely, Sep 9, 2010 IP
  6. Erebus

Erebus Peon

Best Answers:
    Thread-starter's got it backwards: Instant search won't put an end to SEO -- it will make SEO so much more important, as it will become even more vital to get to the top of that first page.

Erebus, Sep 9, 2010 IP
  7. sudip03

sudip03 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Erebus, you made a good strike,

If people or users accept google instant and watches every move of search result in google instant, then i think people will be more concern about only 1st page view.

And if users continues to follow the premitive way of searching the exact keyword as he/she wishes then all is the same as it was for SEO.

sudip03, Sep 9, 2010 IP
  8. jyotika.s

jyotika.s Peon

Best Answers:
    Google basic searching pattern will be same. I don't thinks it will bring any major change. But SEO must focus on shorth Keywords for optimizing sites.
    Bets of LUCK

jyotika.s, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  9. nickswift

nickswift Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I still think SEO is going to be important as people still need to get on page 1

I do think its going to increase the amount of enquiries pulled from Google by quite a lot as people will be able to change the search term - so will this increase in SERP results increase the amount of clicks? that I am not sure of yet... if it does increase amount of clicks then its better for SEO companies as they will have clients wanting more and more phrases to keep up with more search terms

nickswift, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  10. scheng1

scheng1 Peon

Best Answers:
    I just hope enough users find it annoying, so that Google reverts to normal search pattern. It is hard enough to rank for a long tailed keyword. I think if Google Instant forces us to compete with shorter keyword, that will be hell.

scheng1, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  11. vihutuo

vihutuo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Dont be so paranoid. Just work on your sites. Changes will always come. This change does NOT affect SEO at all.

vihutuo, Sep 10, 2010 IP
    psharma likes this.
  12. cipals15

cipals15 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As far as i understand, with Instant.. Google displays results for every character you type. Haven't tried an actual instant but is it really that fast?

cipals15, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  13. dan.jaye

dan.jaye Peon

Best Answers:
    People are just going to need to optimize for shorter and more general keyphrases is all.

dan.jaye, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  14. sudip03

sudip03 Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO will going to stay, but what makes me worry is that if more keyword suggestions (that comes as drop down when we type key phrases) are included then it will cause a wide diversification in search pattern.

sudip03, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  15. marshalprince

marshalprince Peon

Best Answers:
    how can it kill SEO, what google is doing.. it is just making the changes with result showing and display not with SEO so whatever position was of yours earlier will remain same after instant googling also...

marshalprince, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  16. neemoil

neemoil Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yes all the things you say are right, just imagine the BASE OF GOOGLE SUCCESS is they provide variety of results in a second.

Now after this update most of the small websites will definitely suffer. Google is limiting user search and directing them to only big websites. Chance of a user reaching a small website which has good information is eliminated.

And one more interesting thing about this update , Google makes the competitors grow faster

Type f : you see facebook
    Type m : you see msn
    Type y : you see yahoo in the suggestion box

I do not know whether this update can drive more advertisement money to Google. But their maintenance cost will go skyrocket high, as for instant search technology, the server burden will be definitely more results in increased costs.

Overall this attractive update will harm Google in stopping users to reach variety of content for a particular keyword or phrase.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
    neemoil, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  17. neemoil

neemoil Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You are right buddy i agree to your point, small websites will die after this update. For SEO's it is going to be a slow poison. Google has used SEO to produce variety of results, views for each keyword and keyphrase and Now google is throwing SEO's.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010
    neemoil, Sep 10, 2010 IP
  18. psharma

psharma Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    This changes are beneficial of some partial keywords and surely affect long keywords ( both long words and long phrases )

psharma, Sep 10, 2010 IP