1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Zero to $10,000/Month In One Year; To $50,000/Month In Two Years.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MrPoloShirt, Sep 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I've been posting on this forum for the last month, learning the business and collecting ideas, but I have yet to introduce myself.

My name is Joe, I live in the United States, I go by the screenname MrPoloShirt because of my love for Ralph Lauren Polo shirts and Ralph Lauren products in general.

I have using the internet nearly 10 years started my first website in 1997 (all text) to sell some coins from my coin collection. Although I did not sell any, I did learn a lot about how to build a website, how to market a product, and other useful marketing techniques.

I created an investment related website to disperse my investment and stock trading opinions in 1998, which became quite popular, but not very profitable. I had thousands of opt-in mailing list users and even had my website recognized by a large mutual fund company, and also had my website featured (for some off reason) on the homepage of a MiddleEastern government's Ministry of Finance website. Never could figure out why, it was written in Arabic. Oh well!

I operated that website until about 2003.

In 2004, I found a Chinese supplier of a high end luxury product which I intended to import and sell locally, and eventually, on the Internet. The mark up was very high, the shipping cost very low (due to extremely light weight), the competition is pathetic (I could underprice everyone, even the big guys by 50 - 75% without a problem.), and the demand and profit potential very high.

This past year I was snooping around eBay and out of bordem bought a $5 ebook from a lady claiming to have know a way to make money using Adsense and other similar programs. I am certainly not one to fall for "get rich quick" books or other sort of "money making schemes," and although the book did not contain that much information, it sparked my interest and got my thinking.

Somehow, not long after that, while investigating this "Adsense based" industry, I came across this forum and began reading.

The success stories on this forum and other similar websites have truly gained my interest. I have an extremely good understanding of the internet, but shunning "pay per click" like programs in the past because of the bad luck I had in 1998 - 2001 with them.

My goal essentially, is to go from zero to $10,000 in one year, starting this November, and to $50,000 a month within 2 years (two years after original starting date, or one year after reaching $10,000.)

I write all of my business ideas down in a small 9 1/2'' x 6'' notebook. I recently bought a separate notebook for my Adsense/affilliate ideas. So far I have filled several pages with ideas, domains I wanted to (and have) registered, and many many niches I will possibly cover.

I have already acquired an incredible domain name for a high paying keyword. It expired last month and was previous owned for several years and I got it through "Club Drop" which I recently learned about.

I have 20 other domains I have registered on other topics. In total, I have already, within one month's time, found several high paying (and what I believe to be) underserved niches. I have plans for websites for them all. I hope to have at least 5 websites up and running before the end of this year. Hopefully ten up and running by the end of Feb 2007.

I wanted to write this because I wanted to seal my goals in stone so I can reference them, and use them as motivation later. Also I just wanted to introduce myself to everyone. I hope to share as many ideas as I can with everyone here and help as many people as I can.

I encourage everyone who is starting out to take a deep breath, think hard about their goals, and say "today, I start my journey," and begin your battle to accomplish your goals. Free your mind to be creative and think. Don't overwork, be comfortable yet disciplined.

One of my favorite authors is Napoleon Hill. He was a motivational author in the 1930s. Here are some my favorite quotes by him.

"Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve."
    "Your big opportunity may be right where you are now."
    "The battle is all over except the "shouting" when one knows what is wanted and has made up his mind to get it, whatever the price may be."

I wish everyone good luck and I hope we can help each other out! I have recently developed a incredible motivation to become successful at this. I hope some of my attitude has rubbed off on you. I don't believe in luck, just hard work and intellect. I hope that takes me far.

Thank you!

MrPoloShirt, Sep 29, 2006 IP
    commandos and onedollar like this.
  2. commandos

commandos Notable Member

Best Answers:
    nice post :) welcome on board ...

commandos, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  3. Nitin M

Nitin M White/Gray/Black Hat

Best Answers:
    Heya, Joe. Sealing the goals and timelines so you can't conveniently adjust your memory ... I like it! Seems like you've got the right business background and if you keep persistent, you'll make it. Good luck and enjoy the ride!

Nitin M, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  4. RedruM*

RedruM* Peon

Best Answers:
    good luck ,get in line

RedruM*, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  5. rahman15

rahman15 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck.
    Highly ambitious goal but certainly achievable.
    Don’t forget to share your success story with DP.

rahman15, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  6. basicus

basicus Peon

Best Answers:
    Welcome here.

You write as if you have really thought through what to go for, and I believe that is the first thing many fail on. Having a well defined goal and sticking to it is what it's all about.

I am around two years ahead of you in building my sites, and it sertainly pays off being patient and persistent. As of today, our sites brings in enough to live a very deacent life withouth stressing to much. One thing I liked a lot from your post is the calmness. That is one of the most important pieces of achieving a sucsess on- or offline.

The best of luck to you.

"May te force be with you, young Skywalker" ;)

basicus, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  7. onedollar

onedollar SEO Consultant for Hire

Best Answers:
    nice post,MrPoloShirt - and good look and best wishes for success :)

onedollar, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  8. jimkarter

jimkarter Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Nice post. Always keep that enthusiasm level. :)

jimkarter, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  9. InnovationZen

InnovationZen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think TechCrunch reached that level of income in 2 years right? even though it is not coming from adsense

InnovationZen, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  10. Computer(Jew)

Computer(Jew) Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good luck .Show us the cheques :)

Computer(Jew), Sep 30, 2006 IP
  11. Computer(Jew)

Computer(Jew) Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How much was Shoemoney's first adsense goal ? 297$ something ?

Computer(Jew), Sep 30, 2006 IP
  12. terryuk

terryuk Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Quite possible, good luck :D

terryuk, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  13. Imran

Imran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It is possible, need lots of high ranking keywords on ur pocket to do that.
    All the best concentrate on quality unique content, you will be on your way to success.
    Let us know what happens with your story.
    We all will be eager to know.
    ~Imran

Imran, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  14. learn_adsense

learn_adsense Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes, stick to your goal, i've been doing adsense business for at least 1,5 years, even though I haven't received any checks, yet I still believe I can do it, my earning increasing from day to day, even the increasing is really take a long time, but i believe one day I'll know the secret of adsense game ... here's my favorite quote : "If you don't climb the mountain, you can't see the view", as me .. i'm still climbing the mountain

learn_adsense, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  15. Imran

Imran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Let us all know how is the view once you climb up there on top.

Imran, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  16. learn_adsense

learn_adsense Active Member

Best Answers:
    hi imran, definitely, how bout you, have you seen the view ? or you do live at the top of the mountain :)

learn_adsense, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  17. energetic

energetic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was motivated after reading this messege.

energetic, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  18. Imran

Imran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    well Just like you I'm still climbing this big huge and difficult mountain, you can say I'm hlaf the way, and the view from here is pretty nice, not much crowded. Only Quality matters here not quantity.
    ~Imran.

Imran, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  19. khasmoth

khasmoth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    $10,000 in one month is really hard to do. But I agree with what you've said hard work and intellect is the key to reach our goals in life. Good luck with your goal in life. :)

khasmoth, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  20. basicus

basicus Peon

Best Answers:
    A clever guy (that had made his millions) once said: The harder I worked, the luckier I got. I believe that is the essence of sucsess.

basicus, Sep 30, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.