1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How we are different to you.

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by stOx, Sep 5, 2010.

[​IMG]

stOx, Sep 5, 2010 IP
  2. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Weak argument. Both Stalin and myself are Atheists with guns. :p

Will.Spencer, Sep 5, 2010 IP
  3. atreides

atreides Peon

Best Answers:
    And don't forget Pol Pot. Though he's more of a knife and machete type of guy;)

atreides, Sep 5, 2010 IP
  4. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Da, Pol Pot was a luddite like Al Gore. Pol Pot ordered people who wore eyeglasses killed, because he was afraid they could read.

5. atreides

atreides Peon

Best Answers:
    Got it.
    Was he an eco-warrior as well, I wonder?

atreides, Sep 5, 2010 IP
  6. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    He was opposed to the industrial revolution and wanted everyone to live by sustainable farming. The KR actually closed towns and forced people to relocated to farms. Cambodia was an eco-paradise. :)

Oh... except for the million-plus rotting corpses... but hey... that's fertilizer, right?

7. atreides

atreides Peon

Best Answers:
    Indeed.

Man... who would've thought? Khmer Rouge actually had a benevolent game plan all along...;)

atreides, Sep 5, 2010 IP
  8. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    Ah... that reminds me of this quote from Louis Brandeis:
    "Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the government’s purposes are beneficent … the greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding."​

9. atreides

atreides Peon

Best Answers:
    A strange turn of events, this is.
    I was completing a piece on Athenian nationhood model and Brandeis & John Stuart Mill drew my attention a couple of days back with their parallel line of thinking with a few notable ancient Greek philosophers. That led me to do some reading on him, and it turns out, the fella is one hell of judge.

And now I see your quote... kismet..
    Off to buy a domain now for the guy. Some personalized recognition for the people's judge is due, me thinks..

atreides, Sep 5, 2010 IP
  10. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    I am a huge fan of both Jeremy Bentham and John Stuart Mill.

Will.Spencer, Sep 6, 2010 IP
  11. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Congratulations OP you're either the perfect Hypocrite or you won the --IQ Prize of 2010 . There are no atheist bad guys except for the fact that a significant number of the jail population is atheist , so there are no atheist pedos, drug dealers , rapist or killers .

And never forget that Hitler , Stalin or Mao weren't atheist .

ApocalypseXL, Sep 6, 2010 IP
  12. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well now you're just lying. http://www.skepticfiles.org/american/prison.htm
    Are you going to retract that blatant attempt at spreading misinformation?

While you are at it, retract this one too. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adolf_Hitler's_religious_views#Public_statements
    Hitler was a Catholic. Through and through. He regularly met with the pope, the vatican celebrated his birthday every year, the SS belt buckles bore the words "god with us", he compared his "struggle" against the Jews to Jesus' and was never excommunicated from the church. Does that sound like an atheists to you?

With all this deceit and dishonesty i'm guessing you are a christian, right? Jesus would be disgusted, if he exists, which he obviously doesn't.

stOx, Sep 6, 2010 IP
  13. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    I expected more then half compiled data from you . Well let us begin shell we ?

Religion in Jails you gave me some half witted website so i didn't bothered looking for worldwide statistics :
    http://www.adherents.com/misc/adh_prison.html . Come whit more solid data next time rather then a website built by a 3 year old .

Now let us more to everyones favorite madman . He declared himself Christian in public , but in private he declared Christianity a plague . I don't give a dam about the Vatican but this link might be relevant : http://blog.grigaitis.net/2009/06/archbishop-orsenigo-celebrates-hitlers-birthday/ . Feel free to find contradicting data from a better source .

As for SS belt buckle that was a lie on your side and a shameless one to . "Gott mit uns" meaning "God whit us" is a phrase commonly used by the Wehrmacht and it was on all belt buckles of all German soldiers in WWII . In fact this phrase is used by the entire German military since the time of Frederick I . That is since 1701 .

14. Will.Spencer

Will.Spencer NetBuilder

Best Answers:
    /me grabs some popcorn. Anyone else want some? :D

Will.Spencer, Sep 6, 2010 IP
  15. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    I'll have some . I got some beer you want some ?

16. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Than*

let's.

1-0

Ok, lets use your suspiciously religious website says.... hmm, it doesn't actually say how many prisoners are atheist, it only whines about other sites. How typically religious. "I can't prove anything, but if i cry enough i hope they will leave me alone"

2-0

Yes he did....

3-0

lol that's brilliant... you say it's a lie, then say exactly what i claimed. The belt buckles of the SS, Hitlers elite nazis, was German for "god with us". Some atheist he turned out to be. What are you saying, that Hitler, this supposed atheist, couldn't have the belt buckles changed? I'd give up on this point if i was you, It's probably your weakest position. Stick to citing your suspicious "statistics" from a religious site. You know, the statistics that don't actually support your premise.

4-0.
    [video=youtube;uDVnX8SiRWA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDVnX8SiRWA[/video]

stOx, Sep 6, 2010 IP
  17. atreides

atreides Peon

Best Answers:
    Interesting student -teacher combo.
    An even more interestingly, we may have a utilitarian in the midst... or is it just a casual fan, a one night stand?

atreides, Sep 6, 2010 IP
  18. atreides

atreides Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry, rain check. Gotta go.

atreides, Sep 6, 2010 IP
  19. ApocalypseXL

Best Answers:
    I i was hoping for a nice well argued polemic . Instead all I get is twisted words and more lies , and not even well planed ones . You're getting close to becoming on of those lovely people that talk about the peace in of their holy book , ofc the AK-47 sits next to them .

Read again 22% are considered atheist .

Embarrassing , half cuts from an enunciation is that the best you can do ? He keep one image in public an another one in private . Religion is kind of a intimate businesses don't you think ?

You argued that he was Christian because the SS had that inscription . In fact he just keep his popularity by allowing the Wehrmacht to carry on their tradition . Besides Christians don't have the habit of calling their religion a plague.

Nice argument , flawless logic that is if you where in kindergarten .

20. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No.. They answered other, didn't answer or put atheist. Atheists are in there, somewhere, but they aren't all of them.

I quoted the important bit. He identified as a christian, before, during and after his mass execution of the jews.

In his book mein kampf he stated; "My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. .. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison."

Of atheism in a speech delivered in Berlin, October 24, 1933, he stated "We were convinced that the people needs and requires this faith. We have therefore undertaken the fight against the atheistic movement, and that not merely with a few theoretical declarations: we have stamped it out."

You might possibly be able to argue for which theistic slant he actually took, but you can't - with any credibility or intellectual honesty - argue that Hitler was an atheist.

stOx, Sep 6, 2010 IP