1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I broke the seal with CJ!

Discussion in 'Commission Junction' started by Buymesome, Sep 23, 2006.

1. Lukas

Lukas Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    cj.com is not very reliable imho.

their ad reporting has flaws...
    I get private and group emails that reporting was down on certain days.

if you search around this forum you'll find similar posts. CJ has great affiliate companies. I just don't think we are being truly credited. Yes, I still use them but have started using adsense the last 3 months to test it as a combo.

what's Interesting is adsense has NOT interrupted/decreased my usual $300 / month from cj . Even better yet, Adsense is increasing so it's a good combo so far.

Lukas, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  2. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    when I've been with cj and there was a reporting interruption they frequently credited you with your average earnings for that month during the downtime.

it's probably more likely that skimming & reporting interruptions would happen on the smaller companies, really.

disgust, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  3. sandossu

sandossu Guest

Best Answers:
    i'm with CJ for about a month, too and today i earned the first comission, $90 from an ecommerce solution or something like that :D

sandossu, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  4. LongHaul

LongHaul Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been with them about 2 weeks, just got my first $6 commission!

Too many clicks though, time to optimize a little more.:)

LongHaul, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  5. Buymesome

Buymesome Peon

Best Answers:
    So what metters is thet people are making money all over the place . . . i mean it is a start for me too so keep it coming see how things develop i want to know who else is packing $$ through these affiliate programs

Buymesome, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  6. js2006

js2006 Guest

Best Answers:
    Congratulations. My first check was about $100. It is a good start.

js2006, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  7. Buymesome

Buymesome Peon

Best Answers:
    what do you mean adword? (paste the link into your google adwords and direct the person to the website with you CJ id in the link? Or?)

Buymesome, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  8. LongHaul

LongHaul Peon

Best Answers:
    Hm, interesting idea! I think he meant using AdWords to drive traffic to your site, which then has affiliate links on it.

But now that you mention it...... hmmmmm..... ;)

LongHaul, Sep 29, 2006 IP
  9. alext

alext Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can use AdWords to drive traffic to your site but much much better yet, build a landing page (pre-sell) specifically to sell whatever you are trying to sell. You can also use AdWords to drive traffic directly to the advertiser.

So for example you sign up with one of the decent paying inkjet cartridge places. You do a little research and discover it costs a fortune to bid on general inkjet words. What to do...

Ok maybe, pick a specific printer that is (or was!) popular and build a single (or maybe 2 or 3 if it is some more complex product) webpage specifically about that printer and why you will save so much money and time and blah blah if you buy Brand X inkjets for it. Oh and by the way here is a link (your affiliate link).

Basic idea there is that you use your AdWords ad to get interested traffic to your site. The page the visitor arrives at is basically a sell page of some sort. Informational, explains the advantages of Brand X, or explains the cost savings associated with Brand X, or why Brand X is so much better, or whatever. Somewhere on that page is your affiliate link(s) to the advertiser.

OR the other thing you can do (assuming the advertiser allows it - most do) is to send the visitor directly to the advertiser from your AdWords ad. That is the link in the ad is your affiliate link.

--

I have used both these approaches and made good money from time to time. Building a pre-sell landing page has worked the best. What I did was very simple and basically gave the appearance of a comparison shopping engine. All the price listing lead to something I was affiliated with so I made money no matter what they chose but I made one source look better (more attractive - more clear) and that was the one that gave me the biggest payout.

What has NOT worked at all for me is placing advertisers ad banners on my site and hoping for the best. Even with content and an ad that are strongly related it has just been a waste of time.

To some of you this is all completely obvious, but maybe it will help someone. It is really possibly to make a LOT of money with CJ. You just have to find a combination that works for you. :)

alext, Sep 30, 2006 IP
    Bombaywala likes this.
  10. fezbucks

fezbucks Peon

Best Answers:
    Are there any good ebooks or anything that explain how to make money with CJ (and maybe combined with AdWords, too)?

I bought 'Super Affiliate' back in the day but it doesn't really seem applicable anymore.

fezbucks, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  11. Buymesome

Buymesome Peon

Best Answers:
    I have not tried it yet but they have this thing called CJ university where they can tell you what is the best way to navigate and get your best performing links or banners

Buymesome, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  12. cornetto

cornetto Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been with CJ for a couple of months, and I finally got two sales this week, after sitting on $0.00 for a long time. I tried products that just got no clicks at all, then I found a product that got lots of clicks but no sales, and finally I found a product that got 5% click thru, and two sales so far.

I think experimentation is the answer really.

cornetto, Oct 12, 2006 IP
  13. Ballz

Ballz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    lol i am still at zero at CJ linkshare a lil better at $100. Been signed up for close to a yr and a half.. i guess i picked the wrong products on cj :)

Ballz, Oct 12, 2006 IP
  14. AngelaR

AngelaR Guest

Best Answers:
    I also am very new to CJ, and I am just trying to find my way around their site. Congrats on the success!
    Just one newbie question though, How do you combine CJ with adwords? Is that allowed?

AngelaR, Oct 12, 2006 IP
  15. rosiee007

rosiee007 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thats really good for you :D

I never made any earnings from CJ at all :p and my account closed after 6 months :eek: Guess I didnt have much traffic to my site then. It was the wrong time I added CJ to the site. :(

rosiee007, Oct 12, 2006 IP
  16. cientificoloco

cientificoloco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    so they closed your acount for inactivity? or you did?

cientificoloco, Oct 12, 2006 IP
  17. barbiegurl

barbiegurl Peon

Best Answers:
    its real wastage of traffic... you have lost about $50 atleast.

barbiegurl, Oct 12, 2006 IP
  18. tradeepak

tradeepak Banned

Best Answers:
    If you have got 90 visitors then u shd have got some leads/sales

Perhaps you did not submit your site in you account website settings and placed a banner in another site meant for a different site

If the PID is wrong you wont get comission.

tradeepak, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  19. cientificoloco

cientificoloco Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    for many products 90 clicks is not that much, especially when the search terms that attracted the visitors are not well focused. I think you should get more traffic to evaluate better. Of course check your cj settings, but I don't think that you SHOULD have gotten sales after 90 clicks.

cientificoloco, Oct 14, 2006 IP
  20. darwix

darwix Peon

Best Answers:
    Im at close to $500 but im not going to make more untill I get my first payment from them. Want to make sure they will deposit what I made.

darwix, Oct 16, 2006 IP