1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to register a .cn domain

Discussion in 'Domain Names' started by Torsten, Sep 1, 2010.

Does anyone know how to register .cn domains?
    I consider this, because it may become one of my target markets.

Torsten, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  2. chandan123

chandan123 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    it needs several manual work to register that domain and many registrars stopped offering .cn

your .cn name can be taken away any time ;) anyway u can check with 101 domain here 101domain.com/cn.htm

chandan123, Sep 1, 2010 IP
  3. Cheat

Cheat Peon

Best Answers:
    I registered a .CN a year ago and the chinese government refused my new registration because my company is not "important" to them... I got refunded by the registry and i picked-up a .HK (Hong-Kong) instead.

I understand that china is a big country with a massive load of people... I would have loved to get traffic from china... just imagine how much money i would gain from my ads and google adsense.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2010
    Cheat, Sep 2, 2010 IP
  4. scithe

scithe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You don't need a CN domain for China any more than you need a US domain for the USA. All you need is quality content and even a .info domain name will be found. China uses quite a few .com sites as well, QQ.com is one of the biggest and if I recall their online currency caused a bit of controversy in China a couple of years ago.

scithe, Sep 2, 2010 IP
  5. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I wouldn't bother - .CNs are unfortunately stereotyped as spam in many facets, especially email.

Pixelrage, Sep 3, 2010 IP
  6. Torsten

Torsten Peon

Best Answers:
    .... You get better results on a national google search engine, if your site has a national extension for that region.

Torsten, Sep 6, 2010 IP
  7. scithe

scithe Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    hehe is Google still in China?

scithe, Sep 6, 2010 IP
  8. Todayisp

Todayisp Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear DP friends,
    In view of all your doubts on .CN domain registration, please find the following latest information,

#1. Q: "Is .CN same as Chinese domain name?"
    --> A: No, Chinese domain names do not equal to .cn, as .cn is just one ccTLD for China, and it is just one part of Chinese domain names. Chinese domain names also include domains like 'Chinese character'.com, .net, .hk, .tw, .biz, .cc......

#2. Q: "I wanted to know if a person or company outside of China can now register a Chinese domain name? "
    --->A: Firstly, at present, the world-wide people can register .cn domain, but, if people want their .cn domains to be activated by CNNIC and start using them as a website, registrants should submit Chinese Mainland Organization Code Certificate or Chinese Mainland Business License, ID Card Copy, and application form (Latest news: CNNIC has abolished .CN application form since from 19th April 2010);
    or HongKong/Macao Business Registration Certificate.

Secondly, please do not forget to use Chinese name, Chinese address, as for Chinese company name, if you can provide, you'd better do it, if you have not, please explain it to your registrar by evidence. Furthermore, for HongKong registrants, who often have English name besides Chinese name, you'd better fill in both of them.

Last but not least, please be advised to register .CN from China based CNNIC accredited registrar.

Hope all the above will help you in registering .cn domain name or Chinese domains.

Sincerely,

Yen

Todayisp, Sep 6, 2010 IP
    Arick unirow and Torsten like this.
  9. seo4china

seo4china Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Agreed with Todayisp, .cn domain names are currently restricted to Chinese companies.

seo4china, Sep 22, 2010 IP
  10. soinc16

soinc16 Peon

Best Answers:
    Go to china and pose as a chinese company

soinc16, Sep 22, 2010 IP
  11. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I can only imagine 1 or 2 cents per click: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(PPP)_per_capita
    I hope you can pay your hosting invoices by those cents.

makeit easy, Sep 23, 2010 IP
  12. iisp.hk

iisp.hk Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can any DPer please tell me why this thread of "How to register a .cn domain" with just 13 posts, posted 3 years ago ranked so well in Google, whatever keywords, i.e register .cn domain, .cn domain registration, .cn domain name, or even buy .cn domains, you searched in Google?
    I consulted a veteran webmaster/SEOer from Australia and he told me that it might owe to the most active webmaster forum of DP and Google likes DP. Is this true?

iisp.hk, Aug 8, 2013 IP
  13. toniya

toniya Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It is true :)

toniya, Aug 8, 2013 IP