1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

I worked for a scammer, I am fooled and dispepointed.

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by master412160, Aug 16, 2010.

Hey everyone, again sharing somethig as you can see above in the title. I first noticed Forum Owners from this post http://forumpromotion.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=68&t=54295 ,

It seemed a nice, new webmaster forum so I joined to make some money by making 100 posts for 10 pounds. I got the money without a hassle when I got to 100 and I asked if I could get an other 10 if I get to 200, he said "yeah sure." So I stayed active and went to 200 but along before I got to 200 I became staff there, as I feeled it a cool nice place to work on. postingpays was also a guy who got payed and became moderator. It went nice but 5 days or so ago when the contest of 100 posts for 10 pounds ended and everyone demanded there cash, Jack banned most of them witout a real reason.Don't know which day but I was browsing the forum clicked on a guy his profile who posted around alot when the contest was still going, and I saw he was banned. Had an avatar saying "Jack is a scammer!" and in his sig asking or shouting to anyone who would see it to ask "what is going on to Jack, and why he does this."

I was shocked and felt bad to be working on a site by a scammer, bad person. I wanted to PM Jack and say I can't go on working, but I kept quite as I didn't know the full story, if there was a story to it. I decided to just stay quite and pretend nothing happened. I was going to quite anyway after the referal contest ended, for I could win 20 pounds again. Then I would quite but it didn't come to that.

Anyway here is his profile on digital point: http://forums.digitalpoint.com/member.php?u=364508
    As you can see most people left him bad feedback, he is thus a scamer indeed. He could not hide it much longer so he closed down the board 4 days or so ago and its closed ever sins. I was one of the few lucky to get paid, I made 20 pounds out of it but most wasted there time on this scammer Jack.

Its surprsing its the same guy who offers to pay $200 for the site of CF when David was so called selling it.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1880973

So I guess after David just ignored him he created a new webmaster site, turned out bad, lucky he didn't buy the CF site, Jack is an example of a bad owner.

I seem to end up in the wrong places I help, anyway never work with him, never trust him.

master412160, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  2. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    thats a shame. I always pay my posters when they request payment.

dscurlock, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  3. master412160

master412160 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Indeed, can't we at least ban this guy here ?

master412160, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  4. cyberlight

cyberlight Peon

Best Answers:
    Good thing you got paid and have at least moved on.

It's unfortunate but it does happen. I have found the
    majority of people online are really good.

It's too bad the scammers don't realize they could do so
    much better by providing "Quality" and value for others.

They would earn so much more than a short term scam.

cyberlight, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  5. antpalm8

antpalm8 Member

Best Answers:
    Yea most people tend to be quality people to work with. However, you are going to run into people like that from time to time but that's all part of the online game!

antpalm8, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  6. Postingpays

Postingpays Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You were quite lucky to get the payment first time.

Nice to see that you were paid first time, I wasn't paid the first time as well. My bad luck ..!!

Postingpays, Aug 24, 2010 IP
  7. Widespread

Widespread Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad you didn't loose anything Master. :)

When I do paid posting (not really much anymore) I always get paid first or I don't do that package. When I pay people for posts (only done once or twice) I pay them after completion of the package.

Widespread, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  8. ashyuk

ashyuk Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Oh thats not good business... Spread the word amongst other forums as well...

ashyuk, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  9. focused

focused Guest

Best Answers:
    As others said, we understand you haven't had a good experience and also, morally, you wouldn't like to work for a person whos scammer.

BUT, he has paid you and some others. If he was scamming, did you think about what he actually got out of it? If it was a forum and he was paying you to post, don't you think he haven't even made what he invested? Did you ever try to talk to him to see whats the problem?

focused, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  10. Postingpays

Best Answers:
    Just check out his visitor messages. I have made a contact with him via PM, Email and Forums Contact center. But ni where he seems to be responsive.

Postingpays, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  11. master412160

master412160 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Like Postingpays says the dude is a selfish, noob webmaster, who should never be trusted with running a place. He should be banned here on DP. It seems I only got paid from what I can tell, I don't know what charm I used but I got the money.

master412160, Aug 30, 2010 IP
  12. affiliategirl

affiliategirl Peon

Best Answers:
    I know the feeling.

affiliategirl, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  13. Postingpays

Best Answers:
    Just check out his website and the contest is still open, what should we do now..??

Postingpays, Sep 12, 2010 IP
  14. Canyoudigit

Canyoudigit Peon

Best Answers:
    Dude, he has a feedback that is negative and one that is positive from THE SAME USER. Go view his entire feedback. One user says hes a scammer and not to deal with him THEN the very next day says hes a great buyer and prompt payment? What is that crap.

Canyoudigit, Sep 12, 2010 IP