1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

True Christians!! I need your help!!

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Helvetii, Aug 21, 2010.

1. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    take a step back and look at the whole picture. Ever feel spiritual? Ever wonder where that comes from? Most religions provides answers for spirit.
    Religion is something that is real. its a phenomina that is strong with human beings.

eric8476, Aug 27, 2010 IP
  2. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    This topic was about something completely different.....

You can feel Him and he does help me(can't speak for others, but some agree). Also Christianity gives me comfort and peace inside. Sorry if that's a bad thing but I like it.
    [QUOTEvbinhari]I didn't quite catch what you're tryin' to say there... but I met this 6 year old kid with leukemia a couple of days back.. I sure hope your God is on his case.[/QUOTE]
    If the child dies in the world you can blame Science for their lack of effort to a real cure. If he goes to hell you can blame God's plan for that if you want. I prefer to blame no one. And since we're on the topic do you praise God for good things or just blame for the bad....
    I just wanted to let you all know that I know and everyone should before you guys pretend to be all independent speakers. I prefer saying the phrase team of T-thugs because saying you happen to know each other doesn't really comply here. BTW, there's no need to mock and mouth off, you are not cool, tough, or scary just like your friend noob with his little threats.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
    Laceygirl, Aug 27, 2010 IP
  3. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    your treating God as if he or she is human. God is not human. Your expectations are based on human to human interactions. There is peace that believing in God provides.

there big numbers still, no matter how much humans have proved

4. vibinhari

vibinhari Notable Member

Best Answers:
    For a moment let us just imagine that you are a totally innocent, loving, caring, God fearing, church going, joy spreading girl... and one day your family is attacked and killed in front of you, you are gang raped and left to die... would your faith in the God you prayed to every day be the same?

What a cozy arrangement.. if he survives it is a miracle and by the grace of God.. if he dies it is because of the incompetence of Science [​IMG]

"T-thugs"? Seriously? That's the best you could come up with? [​IMG]

Oh get off your high horse woman.. there is no "team of T-thugs" that is out to get you.. we dont speak for one another.. I dont usually post in P&R (because this place is too damn serious and filled with pig headed people) Me and FTN being friends is a mere coincidence.

I mock thee? Surely you jest. This is me being nice.. for I wish not to hurteth thy delicate sentiments.

I am not trying to make an atheist out of you, I guess I'm just looking for reasons to believe in God... so humor me milady

Yeah.. I know my expectations are based on human to human interactions... but God is supposed to be better than us... hence my expectations from him are higher.

and the second part of your post made no sense whatsoever

vibinhari, Aug 27, 2010 IP
  5. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As any person who believes in God is work be tough to get over pending I survived. Its the "WHY" that is tough for people but I'm assured that the answers will come when I die. The thing I wonder about the most is dinosaurs. What where their purpose. It kills me. Anyway, I got off topic here. I suppose I'd go through the same thing that most people do. Have anger. The bible says "we are a victim of the circumstance of the world" but that's not enough. That would suck bad and I'm not sure if I'd get over it. Either way I doubt I would question that God exists though.
    Can we agree that you can't blame either as just bad crap happens? that's my point.

Laceygirl, Aug 27, 2010 IP
  6. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    it's God's world, we're just living in it.

what i was trying to say is that no matter how much man learns, discovers and evolves, religion will have a big number of believers

Last edited: Aug 27, 2010
  7. stephenhacking

stephenhacking Peon

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by peace in what god provides.

So, I can just lay around do no work and feel peace in what god provides to me automatically?

I prefer working hard and having peace in what I provide myself.

Science has advanced enough to make a mockery out of all Holy books.

The Darwin Theory anyone?

So.... You just take what comes and still believe in god?

That sounds screwed up to me -- If you're going to believe in something, you need a strong reason to do so.

It sounds self-contradictory for me to hear someone saying "Oh, god will bless 'ya. If something screws, oh be happy god kept you alive."

Seems like mass-hypnosis to me.

They got killed by an asteroid. So will we, if an asteroid hits the Earth.

Unless, we decide to get over that problem using the advances of Science; god won't strike the asteroid down if it comes towards the planet Earth.

Why wouldn't you?

Here's the difference.

You believe and invest time in Science, you could cure Leukemia. Invest time and effort to pray to god, and nothing significant is going to happen.

There's tangible progress made with modern technology and science, there's just plenty of non-tangible BS associated with "all powerful god" concepts.

You mean, the Bible? the Koran? the Gita's?

They've all been authored by multiple homo-sapiens.

Nope. Religion needs to change and evolve to keep up with Science.

Your church still doesn't have an answer to the Theory of Evolution BTW.

Man created Adam and Eve along with all the other animals. Really? :rolleyes:

stephenhacking, Aug 27, 2010 IP
  8. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What do you mean by "peace in what god provides"? learn how to read english my friend. I never said that. This is what I said "There is peace that believing in God provides". Lets break that down. "there is peace" so we now established the presence of peace. Next is "that believing in God" so peace occurs when you believe in God". Next is "provides" this means peace is brought forth for the believer of God.

Darwin is the man with his publication in 1859 yet religion has not shown signs of slowing down.

did you misread again? "world" refers to the planet earth and whats on it or in it. "word" is the smallest free form in language.

9. stephenhacking

stephenhacking Peon

Best Answers:
    My bad on all counts.

But, let me re-assess what you actually said.

Okay - so, how does believing in god provide peace? Isn't it a little like saying, consuming alcohol provides me peace, or doing cocaine makes me sleep like a baby?

My original point was that religion is making a mockery of itself.

The Church hasn't dis-proved the theory of evolution yet. Evolution has disproved the Creation Theory in your Bible.

So, if God created the world, who created God :)

You need multiple people to even run a small town, wouldn't it require more than just one person to run the entire universe? Or, the many different universes?

Is there a "god committee" for which you need to be elected to be a member.

stephenhacking, Aug 27, 2010 IP
  10. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Damn, you have figured it out... It's all a big conspiracy to victimise poor little you. :rolleyes:

I mean, the logical explanation for more than one person disagreeing with you couldn't possibly be because you are wrong, it HAS to be a conspiracy centered around you.

stOx, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  11. earlpearl

earlpearl Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Laceygirl. nice integrity. go after them. nice find on a bunch of howling ganging people in DP. well done.

I'm not very religeous. OTOH I choose to believe in God. Excellent arguments, Lacey!!

earlpearl, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  12. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well done earl.. maybe one day you'll be able to talk to a real girl in real life. This attempt at flattery is good practice, though next time, try to make it less obvious.

I hope you know "she" is almost certainly a man.

stOx, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  13. eric8476

eric8476 Active Member

Best Answers:
    no, alcohol gets you buzzed or drunk, cocaine gets you high. You get euphoric or mellow from drugs. Believing in God brings a peace that is comforting. knowing that there is a God that is all powerful and is watching over us is comforting. When you believe in God all of the stresses of life don't seem so hard. conflicts that consume you are calmed.

i don't believe the young earth creationists. I think the creation took place a longer time back than what they believe. Days were like years perhaps in Genisis 1. but the creation therory is possible.

God can do anything. he could run this universe by himself or with angels. You got to ask God about who created him or her

eric8476, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  14. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    When stuff happens in life it doesn't determine the existence of God. It doesn't make any sense at all to not. That's like saying michael Jackson never existed because someone got robbed. It completely illogical.
    There is over 50 "theories" on why dinosaurs have become exist. the astroid from the Gulf of Mexico was one of many, but because it was the popular people granted that its the truth. It doesn't work that way though. The truth is what happened and no one knows. Scientists have not even came close to bringing up real proof on the extinction of dinosaurs but who can blame them. It could've been a lot of things.(dinosaurs are my hobby, I know a LOT about them)
    Because its impossible to question if something exists if it lives inside you(holy spirit thing, you wouldn't understand)
    There is significant change inside myself from God. Gods power has made significant changes in peoples lives.
    Once you got something in your head you really can't let it go. I suppose your going to keep at the calling me as a victim forever huh. Just to clarify its not a conspiracy and its not against me. Its against anyone who is Christian. The reason why you go after people? Who knows, but I have a feeling that its because you have are questioning your existence, why else would you dedicate your life into going after something that doesn't exist. Any normal person would just go on with their life and do their own thing, but not you. You gotta stop them all, Mock them, cut all the Christians down, stop them from believing in God.
    I never met anyone do obsessed as you. This is why I say that you really do believe in God yourself, otherwise you wouldn't waste your time.
    Don't bet on it though. It may cost you a lot.:)

Laceygirl, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  15. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Not forever, just as long as you keep whining.

What i am against very much does exist. Your invisible friend is imaginary, but it influences your actions. It also influences the actions of people who oppress women, have sex with children, mutilate the genitals of children, try to make me live by their imaginary rules and teach their mythology in schools under the guise of science. So don't try and convince us that "faith" is some kind of benign entity. This forum is littered of examples how peoples belief in the imaginary effects others.

That doesn't make any sense at all.

Why do atheists care about religion?

stOx, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  16. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not whining. You can't even hear my voice. Stop being sexist.
    Yes, it influences my actions. I'm a better person. So why do you blame me. I didn't mutilate one winky in my entire life. And your not going to play the hero thing on me. Talking about your great care for people you don't know. All you do is spread your hate at people at DP. Don't play nice with me.

17. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You're whining again... "wah wah, it's because i'm a girl, wah wah".

If you do need an invisible friend and/or threats of eternal torture to be a good person, that's just sad. But with other people it DOES make them mutilate genitals, teach mythology as science and oppress women, so i'm not going to apologize for wanting that eradicated, though you should apologize for pretending that "faith" is benign and harmless.

stOx, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  18. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Whatever. Your just trying to harass me since your such a great person inside and out.
    Listen clearly, my faith is harmless and I'm not responsible for what others so don't blame me or anyone else. You need to blame the person who did whatever you are mad about, not blame their defense on why they think they were justified. Your insane that you actually know that people are raping children and in your sick tiny little brain you don't have the balls to blame that person. Get a clue in life.

19. stOx

stOx Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You're doing it again. This "poor me, i'm such a little victim" act isn't going to wash here.

Faith is inherently harmful, if not to others then to yourself. because even though you aren't mutilating children's genitals because of your faith, if you thought it was what god wanted you to do i assume you would do it. So the belief in a god inherently makes you a single flawed conclusion away from committing atrocities. And even if you manage to go your whole life without coming to a flawed conclusion (which is unlikely considering how willing you are to believe unsupported hokus pokus) you are still holding something to be 100% true when you don't have a valid reason for believing it other than the fact that it was how you was raised or because of the society you were raised in.

You can pretend you "chose" christianity, but the fact is it was what you were exposed to and so was the cult you latched on to. So considering your reasons for believing this crap is as tenuous as how you were raised, it's frankly frightening that you are one weird dream, hallucination or bible passage from murdering people or torturing children. That's why the unsupported "belief" in an omniscient magic man in the sky is dangerous and something that needs to be eradicated.

stOx, Aug 28, 2010 IP
  20. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    For a atheist gang leader I'd expect you to understand common human behavior. If someone says something rude and you tell them don't, does not mean whining. You get your education from a crackerjack box, or is it because of the discipline level that parents don't take responsibility for in England with their children?
    Wow, that's a bit cruel to say. 100% incorrect but I find it interesting how you can take millions of people and say that they are all people capable of murder and rape. If you find any evidence that I'm capable to murdering myself (since you science junkies are hot on evidence) I would like to know. Something maybe more direct than what you've shown.
    You jumped to conclusions AGAIN. First you say I'm probably a murderer if asked by the bible, now you are saying that because of the circumstances of my child life I was brought up and learned Christainity as a normal way to life. You are across the world. You are making up stuff in your head and assuming this. You say your head is clear and mine is all washed up. You should take a look at what you are saying.