1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Why do buyers add insult to injury with these kinds of comments?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Senobia, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, it didn't. The thread is...why do piss poor buyers offer piss poor pay in bulk when it still amounts to piss poor pay? K said that what might not seem like a lot to some of us goes a long way in other countries. Is that not true? Is the insanely high exchange rate between the USD and the rupee that I quoted wrong? 46.50 rupees to $1? C'mon....

And I said "Well said!" to YMC, not K.

Senobia, Aug 24, 2010 IP
  2. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I had to read this four times...slowly...before I "got it".

LMAO @ me...ugh I should log off.

Senobia, Aug 24, 2010 IP
  3. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    LOL... no... why?

parsibagan, Aug 24, 2010 IP
  4. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    As far as the exchange rate is concerned, it does not reflect reality. I am the pioneer of the phototypesetting industry in Eastern India and when I started, the exchange rate was approximately Rs.7 to the Dollar. This was way back in 1979. I was one of the main translators/compositors of the Cyrillic language at that time and still am now. Since then, the rate of the Dollar has edged on Northwards. You are true to an extent, but there are exceptions too.

parsibagan, Aug 24, 2010 IP
  5. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Senobia: Are you now master of the writing universe. You added insult to injury by commenting advice to someone asking what a skilled writer is.

Maybe you are very good at hiding it, but are you a skilled writer.

I consider well less than 80% of all writers are skilled. So with that very conservative figure are you in the top 20%.

I think that the writers here that are skilled would feel insulted. Is there a reason that you did not land one of the two decent paying offerings Mr. Vahing is offering?

It seems that you want to shoot every buyer and your fellow writers. At this rate you are burning you own bridges very quick.

dyadvisor, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  6. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well, no - but you certainly seem to think I am with the way you go on and on about my posts. *looks at you*

I did? Because I don't remember ever giving my definition of what a skilled writer is so if you could kindly link me to that, I'll address it.

Thank you kindly, sir - but if I am so good at hiding it, how ever would you have known?

I don't recall a Mr. Vahing or a decent paying offer from DP Forums in recent times. Well, in forever, in fact.

No, it only seems that way to you. Apparently, you take every post I make as a personal attack on you when I am not even thinking about you - much less mentioning you - when I post here. Don't flatter yourself so much. You aren't that great.

Senobia, Aug 25, 2010 IP
    Blue Star Ent. likes this.
  7. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Senobia:

Put some results where your mouth is.

Challenge: Within 48 hours get a Google top 10 position listing for a search phrase with at least 4,000,00 listings. 93% of all searches come from the top 10 shown.

Clients want action results, not fluff.

I do not flatter, I produce results that matter to buyers.

8. tjmiller

tjmiller Peon

Best Answers:
    dyadvisor,

I am having a hard time understanding this very personal attack of yours towards Senobia. It has quite the vicious edge to it. I don't know if you have a personal grudge against her, or against women, or against women writers, but this is not the place for it.

She began a thread, an observation, about something in the industry that concerned her. Your responses have been over the top.

She has nothing to prove to you, as I am quite sure that you will never be a client of hers.

tjmiller, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  9. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    TJ Miller

Lady you know nothing about me, yet you are guilty of shooting your mouth off. The person I all talking about is doing the ranting not just here, but in many other posts.

Why would I be a client of hers? If you had bothered to fully read my comments and comprehend them, you would see how foolish your statement was. Some people are not cut out for writing, others learn to handle it in a business fashion.

I teach writers to develop high level SEO skills properly, many of them women, so they can earn a better income. One of the most successful lives in India. Plus all my teaching lessons are free. Their abilities are over the top.

Now tell me what you do free to help other writers earn more income? I plan on very shortly setting up for writers of certain caliber a program to work clients that contact me. I support writers here that do not go overboard. ( wimpering, complaining, negative complaining, whinning)

So please, your response. What have you done?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  10. tjmiller

tjmiller Peon

Best Answers:
    I have nothing to prove to you, any more than she does. I won't engage in insult-swapping, or one-upmanship with you. If you will notice, I said nothing personal about YOU, only about your manner of attack. You don't seem to have the same courtesy. Don't bother responding to this post, because I won't speak directly to you again. The only reason I did so in the first place, was because I am following this post, and was becoming weary with the turn it has taken. I was interested in what the OP had to say, and it has been hijacked by your extreme anger.

tjmiller, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  11. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    A Kodak moment.

Bartender, I'd like to buy a drink for the ladies.

Senobia, you'll drive yourself crazy trying to figure out such people who pay so little.

It's not worth your time, toots.

Perry Rose, Aug 26, 2010 IP
  12. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    That word always makes me feel like I need a bath, a flea dip and possible STD testing.

Senobia, Aug 26, 2010 IP
  13. Perry Rose

Perry Rose Peon

Best Answers:
    And don't forget your shots.

Perry Rose, Aug 26, 2010 IP
  14. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    *makes note*

Thank you, Perry.

Senobia, Aug 26, 2010 IP
  15. mbfootball47

mbfootball47 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think they are trying to insult you by offering such low prices but these prices are becoming the norm on this forum. I don't pay more than .01 a word when I buy articles for my micro niche sites and I believe that is what they are worth. There is a huge distinction between native English writers and foreign writers. No offense to people who English is not their first language but English is a tough language to learn and write correctly. When i get articles from non native writers they always contain run on sentences, grammatical mistakes, and awkward phasing. If I wanted high quality articles I would hire a native writer and would definitely pay them more.

mbfootball47, Aug 26, 2010 IP
  16. uk.loveit

uk.loveit Guest

Best Answers:
    let me show you some facts

1 Usd = 48 Indian rupees
    1 Usd = 85 Pakistani Rupees
    1 usd= ABout 70 plus Bangladeshi Rupees

and this is the conversion rate

lets see the purchasing parity of 1 dollar

1 dollar = a good meal for middle class in pakistan and india
    120 Dollar= rent of house of 3 beds in a moderate area
    30 to 40 Dollar= ELectricity bills
    100 USD = pay which you otherwise get after doing Bachelors
    300 USD = which a MBA gets from job

most of buyers know these facts and they are exploiting

so, if a person writes 300 articles @ 1.5 words in a month which makes 450 USD for that person.
    and if we study the demography of these freelancers, they are mostly single,
    and for a person with 450 USD income in India,Pakistan bangladesh and sri lanka,
    you can live a so called "happy" life

the second reason is that there is endless supply of motivated newbies mostly from the above mentioned asian countries who just want to start thier carrier in DP, scriptlance, rentacoder, elance etc to get some REVIEWS.

So, as a result, the overall market price is reducing constantly.

uk.loveit, Aug 26, 2010 IP
  17. uk.loveit

uk.loveit Guest

Best Answers:
    You are setting awesome threads.
    Hates off to you

uk.loveit, Aug 26, 2010 IP
  18. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    D mural of d shtory: Living thee in glass abodes try not to stone throwing puhlease! A noun-naytive riter.

parsibagan, Aug 27, 2010 IP
  19. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry, I did not point out spelling, capitalization, and grammatical mistakes.

parsibagan, Aug 27, 2010 IP
  20. imarketing2010

imarketing2010 Guest

Best Answers:
    Don't worry about the comment. Raise your rates. The worst thing you can do is devalue your service.

imarketing2010, Aug 27, 2010 IP