1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

5 SEO Tips Every Newbie Should Know

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Barefootsies, Aug 24, 2010.

More experienced WM would typically already know this information, but for those who are still dabbling in the SEO side of the business...

This article is not the be all, end all of information. This does not get into the Google/SE algo, and white and black hat, seo hosting and other things that more experienced WM would better understand, but it is a good starting point for those looking for information. Typically DP has a lot of people who are just getting into affiliate marketing, and online business.

This article is not mine, so here is the link to the original source. Hopefully this will provide some basic information to the newbies, and more experiences SEO guys can throw a log or two on the fire to add to these top 5 tips. ;)
    Original Source

Barefootsies, Aug 24, 2010 IP
  2. instant87

instant87 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Common knowledge for pros, but great help to get newbies started.

instant87, Aug 24, 2010 IP
  3. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yep. A good starting point for a lot of DP folk who are new. Most with even minimal experience already know most of this stuff, and make sure to build their websites properly with the basic, and advanced, in mind to play the algo. These are some other fundamental basics that are more a less the standard info when starting out that does not get into the A-B-C linking strategies, SEO hosting, different name servers, GEO SEO, buying links, building networks, and so on. But it is a good starting point.

I typically like to throw up these basic articles on DP so when I get asked, or it comes up in a discussion it saves me having to type it all out repeatedly. I can simply point to a thread, and say go here and read. ;)

Barefootsies, Aug 24, 2010 IP
  4. vihutuo

vihutuo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice list. I may also add, Use heading tags and bold/italicize your keywords

vihutuo, Aug 25, 2010 IP
  5. BB-OM

BB-OM Member

Best Answers:
    You forgot the most important tip - PATIENCE

BB-OM, Aug 27, 2010 IP
  6. Barefootsies

Barefootsies Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So true my friend. SEO takes time, tweaking, patience.

Barefootsies, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  7. stevenewman

stevenewman Peon

Best Answers:
    The information provided is very short yet very helpful for the newbies. The tips are presented in very good manner.
    I would like to add one more point : Adding Hyperlinks to the keywords would also bring emphasis to the web page.

stevenewman, Oct 18, 2010 IP
  8. version2

version2 Peon

Best Answers:
    Also ALT tags on the images, in case they don't load. SE hate images without alt tags.

version2, Oct 18, 2010 IP