1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Reasons for G's banning spree

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by The_FoX, Sep 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. svtmook

svtmook Peon

Best Answers:
    i got banned for invalid clicks. which didn't happen. i submitted all the IP's that hit my site for the day in question, google reinstated my account but withdrew the $23 i made that day, even though i had proof that the IP were unique and had various locations throughout the world.

svtmook, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    I would bet you there was still something fishy about the clicks, even if you weren't behind it. They routinely reinstate accounts with 100% of the money earned so they must have seen something.

Good to hear you were reinstated though if you didn't do anything wrong

yfs1, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  3. maldives

maldives Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Google is not always right! I got banned without any warning. I wonder what i have done wrong to get banned without any warning after 09 months as a publisher.

maldives, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  4. svtmook

svtmook Peon

Best Answers:
    i wouldn't know what was fishy about it. my ctr % was pretty much still the 1% it always is. my impressions went through the roof after a day of advertising and my clicks increased. but i wasn't too worred about losing the $23, this is my first month using adsense, so i'm not expecting a huge payout right now anyhow.

svtmook, Sep 28, 2006 IP
  5. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Out of curiosity, how did you know what day was in question?

I had a lot of different sites and had no idea what day was at issue, so it was not feasible to just guess.'

aeiouy, Sep 29, 2006 IP
    yfs1 likes this.
  6. The_FoX

The_FoX Peon

Best Answers:
    http://www.harry-inc.com/how-not-to-get-banned-from-adsense

Harry, with right intentions, ive linked to one of the topics in ur blog - think its interesting.(let me know if u dont like to link frm here.)

Okay, this is yet another blog ive assumed is inspired from the "bad mouthing" abt GAS going on!
    And i also assume that harry is pretty experienced in the seo,net industry - 6 years is sure a long time!

Harry i dunno abt the algorithms(i dont think anyone other than google knows) but the results are floppy.(correction no.1)

I know that google has taken in many new adsense reps(from India), who have no inclination to hate pubs , BUT is probable of not doing there job correctly! (correction no.2)

In yur blog u said -
    hmm, with a 6 years experience in this field, the commen is fair enough BUT, remember that the LAW does not weigh companies/people. They see things in black and white.I wud assume that ur comment is out of disgust and inexperience(there is something called the real life other than the internet). but yet, fair enough!

Now the points in my first post are not "assumtptions" - they are facts and i had suggested some possibilites.

And, the questions u put across them are already answered and im looking for reasons to prove otherwise - thats the plan, im not interested in any bad mouthing lol.

Take this as and end user review and you have every right to fight/appeal for google, and to make a just explanation.

Cheers matey! :D

The_FoX, Sep 30, 2006 IP
  7. Imran

Imran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, nice discussion going on here.

first thing when you sign up for google adsense you have to agree for Adsense TOS, which clearly say they have the right to terminate the account without any prior notice served to the publisher, if they find the TOS and program policies are violated.

When you agree to this, which means you are legally bound by this agreement and you cannot file any case against them.

What you said sounds to be baseless, Google is a big company when it comes to legal matter's they play it safe.

Imran, Oct 1, 2006 IP
  8. The_FoX

The_FoX Peon

Best Answers:
    Imran thanks for the commetn - but hth did u come to a conclusion that when you agree to a TOS, you are deprived of Justice? it does only mean that you are obliged to go by the TOS. if you think theres something unfair - u can approach the court, provided u know what ur doing - LOL
    (jst search fr suing google in DP n u'll find a hilarious story of a lady who filed a case against google! good read!)

The_FoX, Oct 3, 2006 IP
  9. Imran

Imran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    hmm That is why the lady is called "hilariuos"

Imran, Oct 4, 2006 IP
  10. yfs1

Best Answers:
    yfs1, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  11. Imran

Imran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I tried to Digg this Thread but instead I got this message.

Imran, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  12. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Jen must be banned from Digg too :rolleyes:

What a bunch of morons.

yfs1, Oct 5, 2006 IP
  13. aeiouy

aeiouy Peon

Best Answers:
    Just for the record that is not how the law works. Consideration plays a big part in how contract law is actually judged, and contracts which are one-sided or without consideration or often found to be contested.

I am not saying anything about Google's particular TOS, I am just saying in general, it is simply bad information to tell people just because you agree to a TOS that tells you that you have no recourse, it does not mean you have no recourse. Google could put in there that you have to give them your first born child or a glass of lemonade for the rest of your life. It does not necessarily make it so.

aeiouy, Oct 5, 2006 IP
    Imran likes this.
  14. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Although I agree in priciple, the courts have upheld Googles TOS and always found in their favour so unless someone has a new angle, they will also have the same result.

yfs1, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  15. chris20492002

chris20492002 Guest

Best Answers:
    why would adsence ban people once they get past a certain margin?? Then google themselves have 1 less Publisher to earn them revenue it just doesnt make sence

chris20492002, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  16. Imran

Imran Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As a Publisher, It is in illegal / crime to click on your own ads.

As a Advertisers this is a total loss if publishers keep clicking on ads, and they end up loosing money and might cancel further ads with google hence it is essential to terminate some crimnals.

Imran, Oct 6, 2006 IP
  17. The_FoX

The_FoX Peon

Best Answers:
    Google would not ban someone when they simply get past a margin(everybody gets past many margins u c), but publishers dont make them much revenue - adwords does. G takes a biased view against them simply bcos they are not paying google - but is here to "make money".

If waht you said was true(1 less Publisher to earn them revenue) - G would never ban a publisher, and neglect the mistakes we do. ;)

I hope that clears it. :D

The_FoX, Oct 10, 2006 IP
  18. yfs1

Best Answers:
    Where do you get or base that from? Publishers don't make Google money :confused:

yfs1, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  19. Indian

Indian Peon

Best Answers:
    Lol, how would Google make money when they don't have any publishers? Advertisers give money to Google because Google have strong publishers.

Indian, Oct 11, 2006 IP
  20. The_FoX

The_FoX Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you have to also take into consideration, the time value.

U said -Google have strong publishers - very correct. I wish it remains the same always.

The_FoX, Oct 29, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.