1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The return of Slavery

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Kraven2, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Aw as long as it is in Denmark and not the Netherlands I am fine with that :D

As for my cat he sets his own rates. :)

@J3: I think we can agree to disagree no problem :)

As for getting back on topic:

When you look at the declining rate of the bottom of the market, I say it is time to wipe it out and build a new one.

I also think next gen spinners hold the key to that, so if DP won' t step in I think it is time to do it ourselves by flooding the bloody market with bottom of the barrel cheap stuff.

Discuss!

Kraven2, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  2. atreides

atreides Peon

Best Answers:
    the tools are in place.
    generating content will take about as long as you need to read it. 30x500words an hour? not an issue

the intention is in the right place as well.
    this is for the long term future of the industry

all we need now is the clarion call.
    *sniff* I love the smell of burning paper in the morning...

atreides, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  3. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    On the bright side I see definite improvements in rates writers are stating in BST. I guess the word is getting out.

Kraven2, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  4. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    JR3 who cares?

Your sword is just a toothpick against me. My plan has already been laid out. Sure my first flooding may only cause havoc on 75% of the uneducated writers and sellers. When I make my move to end worse than slavery time wages and corruptions of greedy buyers, it will suddenly appear without notice. With the mass exodus of writers that are more like day laborers, a change will come. If the remaining 25% do not leave on own accord, another tidal wave occurs.

Surely you know the law of supply and demand. If there is only one worker with deep pockets for supply, what will the demand buyers do? Pay a still low price at let's say $6.00 or depart also? My actions will be fast, legal, lethal, and devastating, with money not being the issue.

All remaining buyers and sellers will be happy. Better quality writing more than multiplies the number of responses by buyers. The intended Date? My Choice.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
    dyadvisor, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  5. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have noticed that the rates being charged in the BST section are moving upward. This is a great sign that this thread alone has made an impact. Of course there are a few of us that are patiently waiting for Dyadvisor's plant to be put in motion. It will be fun to watch the transformation of this forum.

gvannorman, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  6. j3rr3my8

j3rr3my8 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Dyadvisor, I don'ty know what to make of this post. I thought that we had buried the hatchet a long time ago. I actually put a comment in one of the forums a couple of days ago very much in defence of you in fact. I also commented directly to you that I would be willing to listen to your ideas about article writing from an unbiased viewpoint. I thought actually that someone like myself who had doubted you but was now willing to listen to your ideas would be a good thing for you. If I am convinced, then anyone would be.

I haven't even posted in this thread for days but you seem to be responding to me. All I can say is I thought that all of the bickering was behind us and I thought that we had had some civil conversations in the mean time.

there is something threatening about the toner of your last post, and I fail to see why it is necessary. I have made my apologies, I have opened up and said that I am prepared to listen to what anybody says, and give their ideas a chance, yet you, who claims to help anyone, seems not willing to even give me the time of day. I don't know why you have posted in this vein - I didn't think it was your style to fan the flames, and I was under the impression that we had left all of that stuff behind. Your move.

j3rr3my8, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  7. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Gvannorman: Did you forget that it will not be advertised? Could it be that it is already being tested? Remember I test first, then back up with proof. Nor did I say the actions will come under my name, as there are other willing participants. The bombing plan is still on the table, and stealth effect is being readied. In the meanwhile, innocent victims with a true desire to learn are being airlifted to safety. Buyers worth educating, are starting to take notice.

"Rome was not built in a day" (positive side) quote unknown, "this corrupted Rome could be devastated in a few days", quote of Reality

Jeremy I told you the answer is in my signature line. Learning is something I never push on anyone, it is your freedom of choice.

dyadvisor, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  8. j3rr3my8

Best Answers:
    I don't know. I'm reading your post again and maybe I've got you wrong. I can't tell whether or not you are meaning offence here or something is getting lost in translation. Anyway, for the record, if you think that I am still on your case about anything, I can assure you that I am not. I hope the feeling is mutual

j3rr3my8, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  9. j3rr3my8

Best Answers:
    Ok duly noted

j3rr3my8, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  10. Funkf00t

Funkf00t Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe the term at work is off shoring. Its the same reason many factories in England and other parts of the Western world have closed. Lets be realistic about this. The automotive equivalent of what you are saying it that you would like to pay 4 or 5 times what you are being asked to pay for a baisc family car, and $3,000 for a simple laptop. Nice one.

Funkf00t, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  11. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Funk, what the funk?

You cannot compare the auto industry to article/content writing. This first in handled by economics, supply, and demand.

Article writing goes far beyond this to blatant corruption and exploitation. I believe I have 3 posts under the main forum bar, touching to some extent on this subject. They may help you to understand this.

dyadvisor, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  12. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Article writing does not go beyond any other topic dealing with corruption, since it has to do with the problem of a dark heart. Get rid of selfishness, and you get rid of corruption, across the board.

Blue Star Ent., Aug 8, 2010 IP
  13. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok! I accept your point that, many factories in England and other parts of the Western world have closed down due to `out sourcing.' What I cannot figure is how many leading financial institutions closed post the 1st quarter of 2008, and some are on the verge of closing. Was that also due to out sourcing or due to mistakes on the part of those institutions that kept on pumping loans to organizations that had previously paid a high percentage of interest?

Mind providing me the names of a few factories in England that got shut down due to out sourcing? And before I take leave, the aviation industry in France (a part of the Western world) in on the brink of collapse due to regular strikes by the unions. I also heard that something similar had taken place in England too. Was that also due to out sourcing?

parsibagan, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  14. brunelcourt

brunelcourt Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm new to the forum, and there's certainly some interesting debates going on...but seriously, you need to wind your neck in! The amount of pointless posts you've made having a pop at J3 is mental...haven't you got some work to be doing?

brunelcourt, Aug 17, 2010 IP
    Blue Star Ent. likes this.
  15. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Brunelcourt: Check some facts before you shoot. Kraven works beyond 12 hours a day, booked with work. He is currently in the top income earners for professional article content writers on this section. It is the job of the original poster to let the forum float tight or loose, the first 200 posts it was that way. Make you own posts and you will see how many people to scared to start their own will come in from the side and take cheap shots to bring the subject off subject. The post regards trying to help rights here get paid what they are worth. It seems you are the one with the useless post. See Q&A for the forum's opinion on this. Hopefully next time you will think first and type second. Jeremy and I had a discussion too, so what? if anything I think we both understand each other better. All members have equal rights, but their is also integrity, and rules. Messing all three perfectly would destroy the freedom of viewpoints.

Maybe you picked the wrong forum, or the wrong section. Would mind presenting your credentials so all could comment?

dyadvisor, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  16. brunelcourt

brunelcourt Peon

Best Answers:
    :rolleyes:

Boring - you need to get out more

brunelcourt, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  17. atreides

atreides Peon

Best Answers:
    So in you come, and insult one of the most conscientious posters here, and another poster who gives free classes to budding writer, and out you go.
    With a grand total of 7 post....Interesting....

atreides, Aug 18, 2010 IP
    vibinhari likes this.
  18. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It sounds like something that PR would post. Just trying to get their post count up by starting a discussion (argument) with one of the greatest minds in the business.

gvannorman, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  19. solot2r

solot2r Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I started with the original rant and continued through a few posts but when the pissing contest started, I bailed to the final entries. My question then is this: As freelance writers, should we use DP as a way to get clients or not?

Rates you charge for writing in your business would not go up, down or sideways simply because of where you market your work. Maybe that was the gist of the rant. Instead of competing on quality the DP marketplace has degenerated into some kind of commodity exchange.

I may have gotten the wrong perception from the threads. If so I apologize but it would appear that as a professional writer it shouldn't matter who is charging less for their work, as long as you are getting the rates you need to make a profit.

solot2r, Sep 9, 2010 IP
  20. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, the professional writers are getting plenty of work, a very tiny fraction off DP job postings. We do however have compassion for fellow writers. The problem is the bottom tier where writers and buyers refuse to become educated. Every time a buyer purchases a cheap article they are actually losing money in profits.

If I took away 80% of the lowest paying jobs for 8 weeks (by taking all the post offerings), it would only cause impact temporarily. Half the uneducated buyers and writers would leave. Then uncountable others would come in to take their place. The end result would be nothing accomplished.

I would advise you cherry pick, and ask a decent price, some will pay more. Better yet start personally emailing syndicate publishers or start working with professional service businesses where the money is at. Writing is the only occupation, where freelancers are afraid to find their own work.

If you did, your rates would at least double and you would no longer be a freelancer but a ghost writer. View writers levels as a pyramid. There is plenty of room at the top, and it is far too overcrowded at the bottom. To climb the ladder requires learning additional writing skills.

-----------------------hope this will clarify the situation a little better------------------------------

dyadvisor, Sep 9, 2010 IP