1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Beware of Pathetic Content Writing Offers!

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by course575, Aug 8, 2010.

1. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Senobia: Excellent posts, but one incorrect statement. Cost does not match the article value. It is not you get what you pay for at all.

The cost should match the value of the article to the user. When I help a learning writer get new work, it is with the professional service business sector. The minimum price is $300.00, credit card, 100% up front. A package of article choices are offered. So the total order could be from $300 into easily $2,000. The quality is superior with consistent multiple top ten Google listings for relevant search terms within a single article. Now the person may take an article that averaged $50 or $60 in cost, and make $3,000 to $10,000 off it very quickly.

This penny ante garbage by exploitation buyers and uneducated writers hold back all the writers in between. Yes it is keeping them from being paid more.

dyadvisor, Aug 14, 2010 IP
  2. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you get what you pay for, $1 for 400 words of pure quality spinned content ;) or $1 for 1 word... :D

Jasonb, Aug 14, 2010 IP
  3. MattyWebber

MattyWebber Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Ok I'll keep an eye out for it thank you!

MattyWebber, Aug 15, 2010 IP
  4. chrkadmin

chrkadmin Peon

Best Answers:
    I know everyone want to outsource and all to save time, especially when you get things going. But it really doesn't take me that much time to rewrite PLR (and I have about 200k PLR articles to choose from). I keep it all in one directory, and do a windows search based on keywords, then rewrite.

Why would one outsource to another country only to get back something you have to rewrite anyway? Seriously, buy as much bulk PLR as you can and rewrite yourself.

There are lots of other tasks to outsource that don't involve writing!

chrkadmin, Aug 15, 2010 IP
  5. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    @Kendothpro: I totally see your point of view - you want articles at what you think is a reasonable rate and try to make sure that what you spend does indeed get you some ROI.

Now, you see my POV.

Let's say I take you up on that offer and do your "rewriting" stuff at said rates of $5 per 500w (which btw are high rates by DP standards and really sad ones in the real world out there, whether of online or offline writing).

CASE I: I am a Native writer. I start with the rewriting, I spend say 20 mins(?) at your article. I make sure there are no errors (spellings, punctuations, blah, blah) and give you a high quality article. I get $5 in return. I do another one of those and in some 40-50 minutes, I have a cool sum :p of $10 in my e-kitty? Right? Okay, so I have just earned myself something close to the minimum wages in US. Am I happy? NO. Reason: I have spent my time, energy, electricity, internet connection and used my computer (which will overtime need some repairs/upgrades - so that's a liability too) and have in return earned a paltry sum of $10. Am I better than a laborer who gets paid something like than and has to use nothing of his own except say his energy or some of his tools? The sad answer is NO.
    CASE II: I am still a Native writer but if I am no good like the American who threatened to load your site pr0n, what's the point? LOL
    CASE III: I am an Indian writer (or Pakistani). I agree to $10 an hour (or $10 for 2 rewrites) and do these happily for you. You find the article riddled with grammatical mistakes and laughable language. Are you happy? NO.

So, in effect what goes round comes round. Either you should be happy with an "Indian" who writes well enough (maybe not excellent) but is reliable and is likely to be available for a longer time at the rate of $10 per hour OR you should be prepared for your wild adventures with LAKHS of such "American" females who have Russian friends and who love pr0n. :) No "Native Writer" who has decent writing skills would work at these rates for a long time ... ultimately it's all about ROI, both for you, as well as the person whom you hire to provide the words for your site. That just common sense, right?

WebBuddy, Aug 15, 2010 IP
  6. Kendothpro

Kendothpro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    confused_freelancer, I understand your point, but if it takes you one hour to write a, say, 15$ article, that's not bad pay in my opinion..theoretically you could write 5 hours per day and have a cool 75$, that's 2250$ a month which is about the average wage in most developed countries
    Besides, if my requirements are just correct english, any U.S student could really write that article, like someone studying journalism at school, or even an employed writer with a few hours per day that he wants to monetize..don't tell me I pay less than being a babysitter or working at mcdonalds, and I'm sure there are many aspiring young journalists doing that right now :)

chrkadmin: I can write articles myself, and I generally think like you, but guess what? I can also manage servers myself, I can take my backups, build my own links, create my own graphics and program my own PHP, debug my own SQL queries and write my own BASH scripts..I can even moderate my own sites. But all those 5 minutes here and there to do all these chores eat up too much of my time that would be better spent developing a new business model, so at a certain point everybody needs to outsource or he's forced to plateau at a certain level, you can do everything yourself only up to a certain point

And dyadvisor: "The cost should match the value of the article to the user."

Suppose the an average webmaster can monetize an article for, say 15$, and he wants to pay 10$ for that article to make 5$ in profits
    Now suppose I'm a genius webmaster with a killer business model, and I can monetize that same article and get 500$.
    Does your statement mean you're entitled to charge, say, 495$ for your article? Or did I misunderstand your statement?

Kendothpro, Aug 15, 2010 IP
  7. chrkadmin

chrkadmin Peon

Best Answers:
    I am with you on outsourcing - my basic point is why outsource things that, in general, you are just going to have to redo yourself? This is particularly a problem when article writing is outsourced to non-native speakers, and a lot of times, I see, it's happening unknowlingly.

I'll use myself as an example - It would be like someone from Spain outsourcing Spanish article writing to me. While I am an OK Spanish speaker/writer, I am nowhere near the level of a native speaker and the finer points of grammar, etc... will suck in the article I produce. So, the buyer is gonna have to rewrite at least some of it. There are many more mundane tasks that are more suitable to outsourcing, IMHO. If article promotion is your mainstay, but say link building abd social bookmarking is not - outsource the link building, etc....

Just my personal opinion. Most of the PLR I have is nasty bad too, but I am banking on the fact that I would have to rewrite whatever I got back anyway.

ck...

chrkadmin, Aug 15, 2010 IP
  8. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Most of us don't base our rates on an hourly wage. It's not good business for us to do that. We charge by the job for the same reason that the painter...the roofer...the carpet guy do. We don't want to invest any more time than is absolutely necessary to provide a super service to our clients..so we can move on to the next one. It's just good business..and good sense.

Senobia, Aug 15, 2010 IP
  9. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It doesn't? So you're helping people sell piss poor content at $300 a pop?

No?

My case in point.

Senobia, Aug 15, 2010 IP
  10. chant

chant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've been visiting DP for a number of years, and if there's one thing I've learned from my time spent here, it's this:

This place is the bottom of the barrel when it comes to writers trying to earn money from contractors.

The best advice I can give to any writer that values their talent, education, insight and experience is this: don't look for any jobs on here. This is the land of the cheap skate and there are far better paying places out there to spend your time chasing down work.

chant, Aug 15, 2010 IP
  11. nairbuoyevoli

nairbuoyevoli Active Member

Best Answers:
    for 1$ considerable for me, the writer will not give good article.

nairbuoyevoli, Aug 15, 2010 IP
  12. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ouch! what did you mean to convey?

parsibagan, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  13. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    either he thinks that

* $1 is a lot of money
    * you won't get good articles for $1
    * $1 is a lot of money and you won't get good articles for it.

contentboss, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  14. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Let's reconstruct it.

I'll do it, since $1 is considerable for me, but the writer in me will not supply a good article.

parsibagan, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  15. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    I think he just used 'the bestest spinner' to rewrite someone else's post :) :)

contentboss, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  16. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I believe that you misunderstood what dyadvisor is saying. He is saying that if you are going to make $500 from an article paying $50 for the article is not an issue for you. If someone was making only $20 from one of my articles then I would never charge them $15. At the same time, they are going to make more than $20 from one of mine.

gvannorman, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  17. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    SENOBIA READ BEFORE YOU SPEAK

My jobs, I set up, are for business professionals wanting professional writers. These can afford it, and need quality matter to attract clients. Piss Azz work from someone will not cut it. Writing an order today, works about to be a $2,900 job for a writer. Most professional service occupations pay $50 to $250 per article for extreme quality. I could find places that pay $250 for an article each month used in their newsletter.

Until further training is far enough along, the demand for the best of the best exceeds the requests. I never talk pennies or dollars. Two choices of amounts: hundreds or thousands. These type also would not need a "lady" standing up pissing over her work. Even though her worth might not be worth flushing,

Kendotpro: When you face the business professional market the terms like ROI and advertising are needed.. You are filling the emotional need to expanding an already good one. The business professional needs a good flow of new clients for their services. It is extremely important to know beforehand (using Google) to find what a seller of goods or clients are going to average $10, $100, $1,000 or more in profit. This is why poverty writers relate selling price to quality. At the poverty level it is a marketplace of a wholesale or below sellers and writers slopping around in the muck, both looking to make pennies to a buck.
    Professional clients do not come to you or appear in ads for writers. In fact, they do not know the effects of quality articles, but they know more clients means more business. They are then educated that articles are a cost effective way to get getting business. I give them a 100% guarantee of performance or receive zero payment.

People learning my style of writing email me their Title, The contents of 164 characters. Then a complete, top of the page structured 8 usually Keywords and PowersWords, and truly related synonyms. Each set for each of the title word these are expanding by including all ending endings, just like synonyms were done when enter.

Printing this out is a word guideline to follow, with the prime words and up to 150 words Google will credit for possible words. For a new writer this could take 2 hours. Others already had the prime words and synonyms stored from prior usage. Because of this page of word usage and connectivity & interchangeability some may balk.

Again they have a new project, in a form are spaces for not just one search keyword combination but 30. When the article is issued, it is Google searched for these 30 word combinations. ONLY top 10 first positions are noted. The client is then given notice of the terms, and can personally check then in Google as proof.

These are "trophy" articles of proven ability. Not a stack of immature articles like the above pisser has. This why article writing also involves article marketing. Once aware of the problem, the business person does not want a single ban-aid. Often this means a package of writing that runs in the thousands.

However see you choose the person paying you, if you provide a ROI, return of investment of over 10 dollars to one, the rate is win, win for both sides. When I did-ghostwriting of articles my price was $250. That is what they will eventually get
    if not more. The buyer's clients are very profitable,,and the ROI is over 10.

You have to think like a professional writer to get paid like one. A "retooled" writer can set the prices as desired. You cannot however work with part time business people trying to make a living selling affiliate products. The profit margin is to tight to pay well.

Senobia -- First learn where to put the $ symbol and then realize $$$$$$$ figures in a year is not only a stat. Clean hands and a creative mind also help. For now join the PLR "writer" at the bottom, the writing will have about equal value.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
    dyadvisor, Aug 16, 2010 IP
  18. Poker_Addict

Poker_Addict Peon

Best Answers:
    I cannot stand all of these low-cost writers flooding the market. Luckily though, there are still clients who want quality and are willing to pay for it.

Poker_Addict, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  19. chant

chant Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If your "business" can't afford more than $10 for a 1,000 word article, then it isn't much of a business. Period.

DP is full of users that like to think they're businessmen, but really, they are hobbyists. Real people in business don't have the time to waste dealing with sub-standard writers.

The value of your time per hour as a businessman can be judged by what you pay others, and it doesn't sound like you're making much money.

chant, Aug 21, 2010 IP
    YMC likes this.
  20. ezrasalken

ezrasalken Guest

Best Answers:
    Well, thats a surprise to me that people actually work for those low prices. I write plenty of my own articles and am thinking about writing articles for others. But, I think that it should be at least $5 per article, which is what other proficient writers are getting.

On the other hand, if some writers are writing quality keyword rich articles for as low as $1, I may jump on that offer and start buying my own articles.

ezrasalken, Aug 21, 2010 IP