1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdSense Revenue Increases 200% by filtering MFA sites.

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by cupid9, Sep 23, 2006.

1. primeryder

primeryder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Never mind, I found it....made for adsense (sorry)

primeryder, Sep 26, 2006 IP
  2. honey

honey Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Nice post, seems like I will have to spend some time doing this.

honey, Sep 26, 2006 IP
  3. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's tedious work for those with lots of sites, but it pays off. You will notice a difference for sure.

Rod, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  4. venturefox

venturefox Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I was skeptical about this at first and have long been opposed to removing advertisers. I was one of the "remove ads and you get paid less" crowd but I recently implemented a list from that site accross all my websites. I cant give a definitive amount that my earnings have gone up by but it must be at least 25-50%.

venturefox, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  5. cupid9

cupid9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Glad to hear that. Wait for a longer time and continue your effort, I'm sure your earnings will increase more; my earnings increased 200% although it's still very few.:D

The true pleasure from my heart is successfully killing all the MFA sites from showing in my ads. It's priceless. ;)

Also, thanks each and everyone adding a green rep to me. I received a few greens recently and is now far away from red rep, I appreciate that. Thanks.

cupid9, Sep 27, 2006 IP
    Dead_Elvis and mudnik like this.
  6. casperl

casperl Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly, this is what happening to me.

The people who did not try this yet: Give it a try for two times. You will be surprised to see how many parasital sites is listed at top of your ad lists!

I am ashamed to list those sites as my advertisers! They are totally useless to my visitors. I hope Adsense team will find a way to eliminate this problem!

Once i finish collecting those sites, i will also report this (with my manually prepared list) to Adsense team and will wait for their answers. If anybody did this, could we learn what is their answer?

And i suggest you to report your MFA lists to Adsense team with a link to this thread!

cupid9: Thanks again for sharing this information with us.

And obviously, we should have a bigger Competitive Ad Filter list to be able to fight with this problem!

And my thought related to having a site containing the list of MFA sites:

The idea is good but i did not use it since our Competitive Ad Filter list is already short enough and there are very large categories in the site.

Anybody has a better idea to fight with MFA sites?

casperl, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  7. thewindmaster

thewindmaster The Man with the Plan

Best Answers:
    What a great idea and awesome tool to use. I have noticed my adsense revenue steadily decreasing. I was up to $1400 per month but sadly I am sitting at about $350 this month.

At $1,400 I was all fired up ready to quit my job and try my hand at it full time. As I was also making $800-$1000 from other affiliates.

But at $350 I am back to the grindstone at work. Sucks. Hopfully, the MFA deal will get me back up there.

Thanks for the post.

thewindmaster, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  8. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    In line with Casperl's call for us to post the domains of MFA/junk sites we add to our AdSense filter, here are two I added this morning:
    creditmoneymachine.com
    hgh-facts.com

Keep in mind that both domains appeared in AdSense ads on my environmental chemistry website and were on page that had absolutly no relevance to any pages on my site let alone the pages they were on.

Now if we could just get AdSense to increase our competitive ad filter to 500 domains from 200.

KLB, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  9. FFMG

FFMG Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Made For AdSense.

FFMG

FFMG, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  10. playkid

playkid Peon

Best Answers:
    after reading this thread, i started filtering MFA sites. i filtered about 15 last night and about 5 just now. I will show results in few days

playkid, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  11. unlisted80

unlisted80 Peon

Best Answers:
    oh man...after read this thread i started do some filter in google...after filter some...i got some weird ADS in my site..

hopefully have some positive in few days :)

unlisted80, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  12. Firegirl

Firegirl Peon

Best Answers:
    Very interesting post. I'm going to try it because I see a lot of ads show up on my site that I wouldn't click on (if I was a visitor that is) because they seem so spammy, or from MFA sites. Thanks for the information!

Firegirl, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  13. Zedzero

Zedzero Peon

Best Answers:
    am i the only one who is getting negative effect after blocking mfa sites?

i will wait a few days more to decide on what to do, but it is interesting that everything finds it useful except me...

Zedzero, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  14. dc dalton

dc dalton Active Member

Best Answers:
    OK another dumb question from my end... what the heck do you do if you have hundreds of sites running Adsense?

Id like to use the tool mentioned before but even if I used that on 1/2 of my sites Id have a couple of thousand entries!

dc dalton, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  15. DLGx

DLGx Active Member

Best Answers:
    I've been experimenting with filtering out MFA sites for a few days and I'm not sure on the overall verdict yet. The filter limit is kinda painful, impossible to fit all MFA sites I spot in there.

Initially when I started using the filter (filtering 200 sites) I noticed a sudden increase in CTR on three sites.

DLGx, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  16. andrewshim

andrewshim Peon

Best Answers:
    I visited adsblacklist a couple of months back, but when I visited it just now, it kept refreshing and wouldn't load :

this is the source that I see :

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0;http://70.87.49.210/~adsblack/">

does anyone see the same? if not, can anyone tell me why this his happening?

andrewshim, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  17. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd make independant text file lists of MFA domains for each of your sites or a sampling of the site. You will find a common list of MFA domains that show up on several of your domains. Likewise you could let the bad ad domains site create a general list for you. Really your objective should be to pick off the worst offenders.

Oh for those having problems connecting to the bad ad domains site he had to change his domain name because of the word "AdSense" in it. His new domain is http://AdsBlackList.com I imagine this will become the fully active domain name shortly. Currently it is redirecting to an IP address, but it does work.

KLB, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  18. wwhhing

wwhhing Active Member

Best Answers:
    How long will take effect once we set those link under filter list? Any how many site been filted? Me about 20 link at the moment. Just wonder those 4bestsitexxx. 8bestsitexxx was under same person or not.

wwhhing, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  19. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    According to the competitive ad filter page on the AdSense it takes a few hours for updates to the list to take effect. I think the maximum number of domains that may be filtered is 200.

KLB, Sep 27, 2006 IP
  20. h4nh4n

h4nh4n Peon

Best Answers:
    it works well!!!! I earned double after I filtering MFA sites.

h4nh4n, Sep 27, 2006 IP