1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I promote my blogs new guest posting feature?

Discussion in 'WordPress' started by netsavy006, Aug 12, 2010.

Because my blog has now reached it's 2nd month mark, I figured to help ease some of my posting responsibilities, I made a link where users could email me about guest posting.

But of course without the traffic, no one is going to know about this. So what can I do to let my audience know about the option to guest post on my blog?

netsavy006, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  2. KimiGermany

KimiGermany Peon

Best Answers:
    Creating a menu nav bar which labelled "guest posting" probably help?

KimiGermany, Aug 12, 2010 IP
    extremephp likes this.
  3. craigprunty

craigprunty Peon

Best Answers:
    How about using a popup plug-in on your wordpress blog home page? The one i use on my cat wordpress blog works a treat to promote my cat forum and you can add hyper links as well within the popup.

The plug-in i use is called - Wordpress Popup Scheduler (By Damien Oh)

You can do many other settings with the popup plug-in to even only show the popup once per unique visitor

craigprunty, Aug 14, 2010 IP
  4. extremephp

extremephp Peon

Best Answers:
    Pop Ups Would make your site crap And nothing Else!! Make A Banner Or A Menu Button Telling About Guest Blogging, And clicking it should take them to a Conditions Page and then Registration Or Directly to the registration Form!!

~Exp~

extremephp, Aug 14, 2010 IP
  5. craigprunty

craigprunty Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree having popups all over your site for advertisements affiliate reasons makes your site look crap but if its for an announce for your site or relates to you site then I don’t think it does.

I use a first page hit popup on my forums to make it clear to people who first visit the site that its free to register and a link to explain about the forum etc etc as not all visitors would be clear what the site was about as forum index pages can be confusing to what to do next…

Anyway matter of opinion and of course your website niche.

Take for example the digital point forum, what do you get when you first load the forum up currently? A slide in popup.

craigprunty, Aug 14, 2010 IP
  6. sonasathish

sonasathish Member

Best Answers:
    You have chosen a wrong time for Guest posting. People will love to guest post in your blog, only if they find you have a good traffic as well as PR, since people do guest posting mostly for getting backlinks. First promote ur site. When you have enough readers for your blog, enable guest posting. You don't need to promote Guest posting at that time.

Or else give some cash prizes for guest posting.

sonasathish, Aug 14, 2010 IP
  7. kkos

kkos Active Member

Best Answers:
    i'd put a link near your bookmark widget, if you got any, on the right side of main nav menu.

kkos, Aug 14, 2010 IP
  8. seo.lover

seo.lover Peon

Best Answers:
    thanks buddy!it is very helpful for me

seo.lover, Aug 15, 2010 IP
  9. sd2001

sd2001 Peon

Best Answers:
    Make a Facebook page for your blog and promote that to get "Likes." After you have amassed a decent following (1,000 or so) hold a contest for the best guest post.

sd2001, Aug 15, 2010 IP