1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Filing A Lawsuit Against Be-A-Magpie Advertising Network

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by bogartkick, Aug 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    I'm filing a lawsuit against Be-A-Magpie for fraudulent notifications of refund received. I made my first attempt last August 11, 2010 on investing $20 with them as an advertiser. Since they do not accept my ads, they refunded my money to my credit card which was attached to my Paypal. After more than 12 hours on the same day, I re-invested $20 again to Be-A-Magpie and still they don't accept my ad and refunded me the same amount to my credit card.

Here is the proof about their refund by clicking here:

legal1.JPG

My balance should be around P6,000+ Philippine Peso ($150+) in my bank account because it was refunded by Be-A-Magpie to my credit card, and when I checked my balance it was only P4,300 Philippine Peso ($100+) left. They will not refund it to my Paypal because I paid them using my credit card attached to my Paypal. Please click the screenshot below of my last ten transactions of my bank account.

legal2.JPG

As you can see in the picture above, there are two huge amounts amounted to P1,000+. Notice that there is a DR/CR column at the middle of the attached image. DR means I withdraw or paid the money while CR means I received the money or being refunded by someone. If Be-A-Magpie refunded me twice, there should be 2 CR's appeared in my last 10 transactions but in the picture it was all DR. It means that Be-A-Magpie made a fake refund to me, but I don't understand why my refund was not received to my credit card attached to my Paypal since Paypal notified me through e-mail that they made a refund?

If this cannot be solved, I already have lost more than $40 and my head's going crazy now! I don't know what to do, I'm almost running out of money now. This is the first time I have experienced about this legal issue. :(

bogartkick, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  2. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    40 bucks huh?

In the US it costs about $150 just to file for Civil Court. Is it really worth it, where ever you live?

usasportstraining, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  3. bogartkick

bogartkick Notable Member

Best Answers:
    You don't get it do you, huh? Did i say that I'll spend $40 to file this case? I said I lost more than $40 to Be-A-Magpie for fake refunding to advertiser (I received a notification from Paypal about Magpie's refund to my credit card, but I actually didn't received the real money back to my card.

Here is the e-mail received from Paypal as one of my proofs:

legal3.JPG

Btw, I'm from the Philippines.

4. usasportstraining

usasportstraining Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    $40 is nothing.

It seems you're the one that doesn't "get it".

usasportstraining, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  5. PsyberMind

PsyberMind Peon

Best Answers:
    PsyberMind, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  6. bogartkick

Best Answers:
    $40 is something to me. It is a big amount here in the Philippines. For US citizens like you, $40 is just a small piece of crap.

So if it's US currency, why is it not appeared that I received my money back? My bank automatically converts it to Philippine Peso every time a foreign currency arrived in my account. Still a big issue for me.

This is another proof from my online statement:

legal4.JPG

For those two amounts that I have circled, they should be refunded by Be-A-Magpie which did not appeared in the Credit Amount column. The reason I want to advertise with Be-A-Magpie is for testing my campaigns on a CPA offer which they declined my ad twice.

I will go to my bank tomorrow for complaining about this issue, and to verify things correctly. I hope this will be resolved and to get back my $40.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  7. PsyberMind

PsyberMind Peon

Best Answers:
    My guess is that it's refunded to your PayPal, which doesn't auto convert I don't think.. never worked with foreign currency through them, oddly enough

PsyberMind, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  8. bogartkick

Best Answers:
    I think I get it now. Paypal answered my question already. I have read their topics on the Help Center that when I paid using the credit card (not the Paypal balance) and got refunded, it will not appear immediately to my bank's statement. It may take up to 30 days for the amounts to appear once again in my bank account.

30 days or less could be a bit longer starting August 11th. I could expect that my money would be back before September 10. I think there's no need to worry about for now.......

Be-A-Magpie, I was "partially" mistaken on filing a dispute or lawsuit against you for fraudulent refunds. Once my whole money got back to my bank account, we're good. :)

I'll just wait for it....just like waiting for a payment in an affiliate program.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  9. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    If $40 is a big deal to you and not americans, then save your money.
    I like reading stuff that make me laugh...

dscurlock, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  10. RonBrown

RonBrown Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's true but it does happen. I once worked for a company who were merciless when it came to getting the money owed to them. Even if the amount was £20 they would pursue it, going as far as court, and for the person they were pursuing the costs would escalate to several hundred pounds (when costs were awarded) plus a black marker of a CCJ (County Court Judgement) on their credit record. Can't say I agree that ruining someones credit score over £20 was a fair outcome but once people got wind of what they did, people tended to pay what they owed.

RonBrown, Aug 12, 2010 IP
  11. bogartkick

Best Answers:
    Hello guys!

Here's an update. My bank expects that the refund will reflect to my statement within 2-3 weeks. But in a surprise, I got my refund in less than a week. I'm very happy right now.

Case closed. Be-A-Magpie is truly legitimate and honest. Thanks Paypal! :)

bogartkick, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  12. hulefar

hulefar Peon

Best Answers:
    happy for you, but next time if you can an email from paypal (and its not faked, and all links in it are legitimate) it is with 99% sertency from paypal, and you will receive the money in your paypal at some point..

hulefar, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  13. lcwadminbj

lcwadminbj Peon

Best Answers:
    If I were them I would now sue your ass for false accusations and deframation of charater as a minimum starting point.
    Far too many butt heads scream scam when it is in actual fact that they have no patience and no understanding of how things work.

lcwadminbj, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  14. bogartkick

Best Answers:
    I would not expect that actually. This is just my first time experiencing about this and I'm still young, coz' I'm really sensitive when it comes to losing money. I'm not a rich guy, that's why I'm too concerned about my money to pay bills and invest in a right way. Everybody makes mistakes, as I do now and learned from it. So now I'm happy that I got my money back. No more second thoughts about them.

Admin please close this thread immediately.

bogartkick, Aug 18, 2010 IP
  15. datinggold

datinggold Peon

Best Answers:
    filing a lawsuit over $40? haha good luck

datinggold, Aug 23, 2010 IP
  16. bogartkick

Best Answers:
    Admin please close this thread now. I don't want anymore replies because the problem was already solved days ago.

Thanks!

bogartkick, Aug 24, 2010 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.