1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do i create a custom Amazon website.

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Wulkan91, Aug 5, 2010.

Hey, I'm pretty new to Amazon and I was wondering how to create a website where i can host amazon products.

I know that Amazon has a website builder, but it looks really bad.
    I also know that you can put specific items on your website to promote, but it takes so long time.

Are there any templates that are simple to use that looks good?
    And are there any that are free?

Wulkan91, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  2. BlogsAboutCrap

BlogsAboutCrap Peon

Best Answers:
    BlogsAboutCrap, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  3. Wulkan91

Wulkan91 Member

Best Answers:
    "iamcoolbanget", I'm looking for something more appealing to visitors, a cleaner and more professional template.
    "BlogsAboutCrap", Good for you, but your website did not answer my question. :p

I also have some new questions:
    1. Does anyone know if dvd's etc sells easy with amazon?
    2. Does writing a blog and linking to relevant amazon products convert well?

Wulkan91, Aug 6, 2010 IP
  4. BlogsAboutCrap

BlogsAboutCrap Peon

Best Answers:
    You don't need anything custom or fancy.

What you do need is the will and drive to create meaningful content that people want to read. There are no shortcuts to making money online.

BlogsAboutCrap, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  5. Wulkan91

Wulkan91 Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, but a site that looks like it was created in 1997 will not get many purchases compared to an up to date looking site.

Wulkan91, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  6. averagejenny

averagejenny Peon

Best Answers:
    Wulkan, I will say that dvds do make the most sales. I've been making some of my sales from selling dvds.. Building your website or blog is the best way to make Amazon sales but use text links instead of widgets, people tend to click on text rather than pictures.. I would also say include Amazon products that is related to your content on your website or blog because people that are looking for something or into "buy mode" will click on stuff that is related to what they are reading or looking for.. Hope this helps..

averagejenny, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  7. sunya_skywalker

sunya_skywalker Peon

Best Answers:
    You have many choice to do that.

amazon astore,Free blogging,Squidoo or any place tha you can make the link to amazon page.

But have the own web site is one choice.

sunya_skywalker, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  8. PaiJom

PaiJom Banned

Best Answers:
    You can use product review script and put your affiliate links.

PaiJom, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  9. BlogsAboutCrap

BlogsAboutCrap Peon

Best Answers:
    You'd be surprised at how far you can go with a basic-looking website, and there are plenty of free, great Wordpress themes out there as well.

BlogsAboutCrap, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  10. junior3701

junior3701 Member

Best Answers:
    ReviewAZON is not free but very versatile and professional IMO. I use it on A LOT of my sites and have very good success with it. You can do many different things with it but for what you are looking for, there is a "Bulk Add" section where you can add a lot of products at once and each acts as their own page for a wordpress site.

junior3701, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  11. freshdevelopment

freshdevelopment Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes design is important for your site, but it does come second to great content. It doesn't matter how good your site looks - if it doesn't have any useful, unique content it won't get any decent traffic.

Think also about the times that you searched for something that you really wanted or needed to know... do you care that much about the design at this time? Yes, a design will help you increase conversions and increase people coming back, but make sure they are coming in the first place!

freshdevelopment, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  12. Wulkan91

Wulkan91 Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, of course content is king. But the default amazon store does not even allow you to edit the content.

Wulkan91, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  13. freshdevelopment

Best Answers:
    Avoid the default amazon store, AOM, wordpress plugins etc/. There are amazon store scripts that let you edit content and add your own content to pages, categories, articles as well as have your own custom design.

freshdevelopment, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  14. Wulkan91

Wulkan91 Member

Best Answers:
    Are there any way of having search functions and automatic listings of products with wordpress?

Wulkan91, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  15. junior3701

junior3701 Member

Best Answers:
    ReviewAZON "bulk add product".... then you can go back and edit as you wish. If you want to see a site with this plugin, I can show you one in action, just send me a PM

junior3701, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  16. olivetty

olivetty Peon

Best Answers:
    iamcoolbanget do you sell your script?

olivetty, Aug 19, 2010 IP
  17. nazishkhan33

nazishkhan33 Peon

Best Answers:
    Its Very simple.....

nazishkhan33, Aug 19, 2010 IP
  18. freshdevelopment

Best Answers:
    There is a reason this script is free - it forces someone elses affiliate id so you dont earn comission. Do not use!

freshdevelopment, Aug 19, 2010 IP
    mcfox likes this.
  19. wounded1987

wounded1987 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    you will get bunch of duplicate content if you use amazing descriptions and titles. right, you don't have the money to put into the site , you just want a quick way of doing it....that not always works. im not sure if some of the people actually make a living from amazon.
    ok just to add some more stuff. assuming you want a store right, and you are serous about your business, and you are going to put a lot of money for it, some good thousand dollars so you would want:

-a script that allows you to add products, something like magento commerce and track all shipments and sales.
    -an adjustment to magento through extension that will allow you to put some of the products into amazon sales, and some into drop shipping sales, high paying products you drop ship and others sell with amazon.

so you would want custom descriptions and all images on your servers perhaps so in furute you can have your own stock of products and wont depand on amazon.
    so you will need if you want 1k of products if thats a nice store, you will need for the articles about $3k only to hire some one to write those descriptions.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
    wounded1987, Aug 19, 2010 IP
  20. AceV

AceV Peon

Best Answers:
    Make sure you think about this from the buyer's perspective- if you're searching for a product then most people look for a relevant domain name/description & an informative website with content that both describes products & seems like a legit website.

AceV, Aug 23, 2010 IP
    freshdevelopment likes this.