1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CPALead - Mass Account Termination.

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by WebmasterWorkforce, Jul 31, 2010.

1. irule272

irule272 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I suggest you post your pub ID on CPalead main forum and I hope the mods will merge this thread to the main CPAlead forum.

irule272, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  2. CPALeadTroy

CPALeadTroy Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Your account was terminated because you were telling users to complete a survey to see a movie, and all they got was a movie trailer. We consider this fake content.
    Here is an example of one of your many URLs: http://freemoviesonline.tv/video/1202-Inception_2010.html

If anyone else want's to contest their bans, please post your publisher ID here. Thanks.

CPALeadTroy, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  3. angrish10

angrish10 Peon

Best Answers:
    To TROY and Robert

I just got banned. And its real shocker for me. Since i joined Cpalead i always tried to be more legit even though i earned less from it. What did i got at the end. A BAN. This is not done guys. Lost 1.4k. I promoted only cpalead till date and now i am broke without doing anything wrong. I new people were getting banned but was kinda sure that i wont get banned, coz i knew what i was promoting.

I was promoting a simple facebook app since last one month. Nothing else. Never spammed(at least i think so). I dint even had mobile offers.

Its good to clean your house. But not with your family members getting scrubbed out. This is really sad

TROY and Robert. If possible please have a look into my account.
    Affiliate ID: 37511

:(

angrish10, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  4. CPALeadTroy

Best Answers:
    This is the reason why you were banned:

PUB is incentivizing TV Show pages where a visitor completes a survey to stream an episode but when they click on the player, it turns out to be just a picture which redirects you to a site that may or may not have the episode you were looking for. In my second example, the visitor completes an offer then comes to a page that doesn't even have a picture of a streaming video player. (URL: http://tvnod.com/criminal-minds-parasite) (URL: http://tvnod.com/parenthood-season-1-episode-4-whassup)

5. Jutt

Jutt Peon

Best Answers:
    CPALead is not a scam but Yes they should not freeze all the money because of one CL Ad.

Jutt, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  6. angrish10

angrish10 Peon

Best Answers:
    TROY

Thanks for quick reply.

Video on first link is still ON. its from megavideo. Second Link is zshare video code. I agree its not seen. But i have stopped tv shows since 3 months now. Troy, pls check out how much incent leads did i make from those tv widgets in last 3 months. Not even $10. And just for that you deleted all my account. You are ignoring my work that i am doing since last month. Do you think its fair with me.

7. angrish10

angrish10 Peon

Best Answers:
    You are right. They are definitely not scam. but there can be human errors. Not every on promotes with evil minds. Its painful for me to get banned. All i did not do was, dint delete the unused widgets. I was promoting else right now. But i got banned for my past work.:(

8. muschi

muschi Peon

Best Answers:
    a friend of mine committed suicide because CPALEAD stole $9000 from him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

muschi, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  9. angrish10

angrish10 Peon

Best Answers:
    wtf. are you serious.

10. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    LOL.

This thread is full of clowns.

dlm, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  11. muschi

muschi Peon

Best Answers:
    no clown here! you dont know what $9000 is in yugoslavia!

muschi, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  12. xcollection

xcollection Active Member

Best Answers:
    MY ACCOUNT IS SUSPENDED.... :d :d

MAY BE ITS NOT REAL....

xcollection, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  13. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree... it's not stealing when you violate the rules. Companies take a beating from pissed off people when affiliates run scams. So in my opinion you knew you were bending the rules, you got caught, and they were within their rights to keep your payment. That's how the business works... after 10 years you would think you would catch on.

Sucks to get caught. But you did. No reason to bad mouth them for your mistake.

internetmarketingiq, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  14. x.marty.x

x.marty.x Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I just got terminated too with a balance of $1,200 after 4 days.

I think they're nuts for not working with publishers to rectify any problems rather than terminating accounts instantly, maybe they're forgetting that we're human and sometimes we make mistakes. Just looks like they're in financial trouble and this is the easiest way to fill the hole. Looks like they're happy being funded by the little kids spamming the crap out of facebook, though. It's unfortunate but that's the way it is.

Oh well, time to rank for some CPAlead keywords with plenty of negative reviews from these forums.

Time to make a return to Pinball, or Loudmo, or Gygan, or Graboid.

x.marty.x, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  15. Novizzz

Novizzz Peon

Best Answers:
    Perhaps there is something shady going on; however most of you are getting ban-hammered because you broke the TOS. You can't really complain if you were doing something against the rules. Although I don't like the selective banning of people when the high earners are probably doing something equally as bad.

My account seems to have been terminated, not entirely sure why, and can't find any e-mail saying so, but I think it's because it was a little inactive. I still got paid my $20 that was in the account so I'm not that annoyed.

Also what was the topic title of the e-mail everyone recieved? I really can't find it anywhere :eek:

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
    Novizzz, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  16. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    The funny thing is - the whole survey/content locking niche encourages shady marketing. Sure - some of the revenue is totally legit (complete a survey to access this tutorial), but probably 90% of the revenue CPALead generates is either caused by copyrighted content (movies, tv shows, music, etc), trademarked content (various sports teams/leagues/ufc) or social networking crap (like the Facebook scams).

I'm pretty sure if you used CPALead legitimately, they wouldn't ban you. But if you broke ANY of the rules, you were (or will be) rightfully banned. That's the ONLY way a company like CPALead can operate - as it is I'm surprised they aren't swamped in lawsuits.

dlm, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  17. mrnightowl

mrnightowl Peon

Best Answers:
    One key thing about IM is always do multiple things on multiple networks with multiple niches. Here are a couple questions. Are the advertisers refunded all money after the publishers account is terminated? If so great no loss other than some bad press for awhile. If not its just as unethical for the company to keep the money, as it is for the publisher to gain the money with shady methods. Also, is there a possibility that some kind of notification could be sent prior to termination and or remove the infringing widget?

IMHO nobody in the right mind with real legit content with high traffic is gonna place a low converting block on their website. Higher converting lower payouts is the only way for a company to keep legit publishers from producing shady content. You have to remember with all the grey areas of copyright nowadays. Almost anything you do online that isn't 100% yours and you monetize you can get screwed. This includes using copyrighted words, phrases, and even graphical designs. For instance, the people using FB as a method and use widget skins that have the look and feel of FB is copyright infringement.

peace
    mrNightowl
    & Manny Dog(woof)

mrnightowl, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  18. dlm

dlm Peon

Best Answers:
    See - this is a smart post. I like mrnightowl :)

I have a feeling CPALead takes the money from its banned publishers and keeps it in some sort of "fund" which is then used to reimburse advertisers who have been charged for fraudulent leads and to cover the cost of whatever lawsuits CPALead gets caught up in for dealing in copyrighted content.

dlm, Aug 5, 2010 IP
  19. CPALeadTroy

Best Answers:
    That's a good theory, but that's not how it works. When an advertiser reverses payment on us because they catch a publisher with fake content, sometimes they will reverse all of their leads. Then we have to go the legal route of suing them. We do not pass this loss onto our publishers except for the one in violation.

The ones who did legitimate leads with legitimate content still get paid by us, even if we don't get paid for those leads. So yes the money we take when people fraud our network, goes towards recovering losses experienced from the actions of fraudulent publishers.

20. LogicMethod

LogicMethod Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't believe that I broke any of the CPAs lead TOS rules and after reading this post I tried to log in and I myself was terminated.

LogicMethod, Aug 5, 2010 IP