1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

CPALead - Mass Account Termination.

Discussion in 'Affiliate Programs' started by WebmasterWorkforce, Jul 31, 2010.

I have been a webmaster, making my living online for over ten years now. I've seen my share of programs come and go but never have I witnessed a program crash and burn so hard like CPALead. Troy and his fellow henchmen have recently been going around terminating thousands of accounts for whatever reason they decide and then just keeping the money. Many people have come forward telling of how their accounts got terminated for reasons as stupid as because they didn't log into their account for 30 days!

My account there was just terminated recently as well. I posted ONE ad on Craigslist and they choose to use that as their excuse to steal over $1000 from me. I am sure they got some of you guys out there for way more than that. I guess it's fine for everyone to rape Facebook, but a single post on Craigslist will cost you everything in your account.

The pickle that CPALead is in now is that they just stole large sums of money from a large amount of people and people know this. People will have second thoughts about promoting them. Many of the survivors that didn't get their accounts terminated are very nervous right now and are looking for other options. I say jump ship! Now that Troy has shown his true colors no one promoting his program will ever be certain of receiving their next payout.

What other CPA programs are out there that you guys can recommend?

:mad:

WebmasterWorkforce, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  2. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So you knowingly break the TOS of CPALead, by posting on craigslist, and then blame cpalead for banning you?
    Are kidding me?!?

Ripped, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  3. asmodeus

asmodeus Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm all for deleting accounts that post fake content, but its obvious there's a 2 tiered system at Cpalead whereby they turn a blind eye to the big earners scamming with fake content on Facebook (Cpalead is well aware of where their traffic is coming from) but then make an example of "aha! we caught a cheater!" when it comes to small publishers, who are really just following the big earners.

Look at the Jehn fiasco. He had been spamming with fake content for a LONG time (several months) and they knew what site his traffic and leads were coming from, yet they did nothing until there was a huge outcry and a thread on DP about it that they just couldn't ignore any longer.

Like I said right from the beginning (when no one would listen to me), get rid of the fake content, as it hurts the network overall, and I have no problem with making things better for everyone. My issue is with this new policy of deleting inactive accounts after 30 days, which is the single most incomprehensibly stupid rule I've ever heard of any network implementing. Ever.

Just because someone doesn't log into the Cpalead site every day shouldn't mean they risk losing their entire account! They could still be actively promoting their own sites with the widgets on them. They were even a few cases I know of where it hadn't even been a month...it was only a few days since they logged in.

They only reason Troy gave was that it was a measure to combat fraud. Say what???? What in the world does not logging in for a couple weeks have to do with fraud??? So, if you're on vacation and can't log in then suddenly you're a fraudster?? LOL

asmodeus, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  4. WebmasterWorkforce

WebmasterWorkforce Active Member

Best Answers:
    I didn't know anything about not being able to post on Craigslist. Facebook is getting raped by CPALead publishers, I didn't think it was a big deal to post one ad on CL as a test. I didn't even get one lead from it.

This isn't about me though. It is about the thousands of people that just got robbed over the last few days.

5. imacyh.com

imacyh.com Peon

Best Answers:
    My account got terminated too but they payed me before they do, and to be honest my account was inactive in a long time.

imacyh.com, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  6. irule272

irule272 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Damn man. You hit it perfectly.

I was also surprised about that rule and it's really really weird.

Troy reasons is, they're putting all inactive accounts in hold to avoid fraudulent accounts. Like what you said.. How can these accounts be fraudulent if those owners aren't even logging in on their account in the 1st place? How can it be suspicious if there's no activity going on in these accounts? 1st I thought that they're just protecting their advertisers from showing the surveys in an inactive websites which I also figured out that they can easily do that by just deleting all the widgets on these inactive accounts.

I hope Troy or any CPAlead staffs don't get us wrong here but we need more clarification about that rule.

irule272, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  7. CPALeadTroy

CPALeadTroy Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    You're talking about two different reasons why we terminate/ban accounts.

1st Scenario: Publishers who are inactive for 30 days or more were terminated and paid their earnings in FULL. We did this to stop a lot of the fraudulent accounts that were in our system. If this happened to you, simply just reapply.

2nd Scenario: Publishers who ran fake content, used bots to fraud our offers, SPAMed, were banned from our network. If you ran fake content and you wish to come back to CPAlead and monetize real content only, please reapply.

We're taking a strong stance here. If you wish to spread rumors that you were banned for no reason and we stole your money, then there is nothing I can do to stop you. I can assure you as a person who thinks in terms of longevity, this is the right move for us and will benefit our publishers who play by the rules.

CPALeadTroy, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  8. lionchez

lionchez Peon

Best Answers:
    We should have been Warned! NOT JUST BE BANNED LIKE THAT!
    They just waited till the end of the month to collect all the money, keep them for themselves and ban the accounts giving stupid reasons.
    What if somebody uses somebody's widget with fake content just trying to set him up?
    They let people with fake content for months and now they woke up, deleting accounts, when they reached 100k+ publishers making tons of money?

Pay the stolen money, and then delete the accounts. Everyone knows they are keeping the money of fake content for themselves.

What a shame!

lionchez, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  9. zawadi

zawadi Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will reapply after I make more content, I was just not getting clicks and pageviews, so I will try again.

zawadi, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  10. almondj

almondj Peon

Best Answers:
    My account took a hit too, only earned $41, but I reapplied.

almondj, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  11. irule272

irule272 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Troy I have nothing against the 2nd scenario that you posted and fully support that 100%

What we're surprised is the 1st scenario that you posted.. Again, How can these accounts be fraudulent if those owners aren't even logging in on their account in the 1st place? How can it be suspicious if there's no activity going on in these accounts? Yes you pay them in full and they can re-register again but on a publisher's POV that is really really weird.

And hey based on your post, you're suspecting me of spreading rumors here? I'm just asking simple question so everything would be clear between your rules and your publishers. C'mon man, I'm always defending you guys on CPAlead thread... It's just a simple question, an opportunity for you guys to explain your rules.

irule272, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  12. TobiasOSLLC

TobiasOSLLC Peon

Best Answers:
    How can you accuse cpalead of anything? You are basically selling copyrighted content which SHOULD end you in jail which I hope you end up. You guys call yourselves marketers, break criminal law and then complain that the cpalead has no right to ban you?

TobiasOSLLC, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  13. WebmasterWorkforce

Best Answers:
    Hey jerkoff! You cannot rob as many people as just did over the last few days for as much money as you just did under the guise of 'taking a stronger stance' without there being any repercussions. You know that you and your band of thieves have just reaped tens of thousands of dollars (probably way more) over the last couple days, just using whatever reason you want to kill people's accounts. There have been a number of people stepping forward that run super clean campaigns, but that just doesn't matter to your greedy ass does it, Troy?

I urge everyone that has had their account terminated to contact me. Let's show this arrogant, ignorant, conman that he is not untouchable.

For you people out there considering using them I recommend you just go with one of the other CPA programs. A number of people have been suggesting AscendMedia as a great alternative to CPALead.

Quite a number of victims have been hitting me up since I have spread this news across all the big webmaster forums. If you have been screwed recently please contact me at

14. CPALeadTroy

CPALeadTroy Active Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Please continue to refer anyone who has been banned at CPAlead to another network, I welcome that message and I will help you out.

If you have been banned at CPAlead for fake content, spamming, or using bots to fraud our offers, please go to another network. WebmasterWorkforce can help you with that and may even give you some tips if you sign up under their referral link.

CPAlead is no BS network. IF you want to break our TOS, then you're better off at another network.

Remember, the CPAlead ninja is watching... [​IMG]

[video=youtube;SajRVI9s-NQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SajRVI9s-NQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

CPALeadTroy, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  15. WebmasterWorkforce

Best Answers:
    Guys, see how arrogant this idiot is?

Troy, I am not offering a referral link to anyone. I am pooling the resources of all the webmasters you just raped against you. You keep acting like you are running a squeaky clean ship which is as far from the truth as possible. My campaign against you is just beginning on ALL the big webmaster boards. Your master scam is about to be exposed to the world. Enjoy all the money you just stole over the last three days. You are touchable, I promise.

:D

slimjim2010 likes this.
  16. adolfhitler

adolfhitler Peon

Best Answers:
    my one of friend account too got banned

adolfhitler, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  17. shababier

shababier Peon

Best Answers:
    cpalead terminated my account and when i was talking to them online

they were asking about where i live and what i do for living and such crap

Cpalead completely suck

shababier, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  18. Ripped

Ripped Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time, it's simple as that.

Your justification that "everybody else is breaking the TOS, so I will do the same thing" is ridiculous. CPAlead are losing advertisers because of this way of thinking. Be a man, face the consequences of your actions.

Ripped, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  19. RifqiAF

RifqiAF Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sh*t I thought it was only me! my account also banned and they never respond my mail. I've sent email to AM and pm here to troy but they're not replying at all. My account banned because copyright content but what I'm doing is redirecting my visitors to legal copyright owner! I've asked several times about my account termination but they don't give a damn about my reason, I can't even create a new account. I've lost $391 on cpalead btw...

RifqiAF, Aug 1, 2010 IP
  20. Imenik

Imenik Peon

Best Answers:
    at least we could send a warning .. : (((

Imenik, Aug 1, 2010 IP