1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Any Indian who makes his living online ?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by jhn2001, Feb 12, 2008.

1. krishmk

krishmk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I understand its some what a meager amount for many. But due to some personal reasons I wasn't able to work full time. Also the past few months were difficult for selling articles and new sites (with no traffic/ revenue but with unique content). Perhaps the effect of recession. I hope the coming months would be better!

krishmk, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  2. jhn2001

jhn2001 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yea that could be one of the reason .

jhn2001, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  3. pixeldawn

pixeldawn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I'm a 21 year old Indian about to graduate as an Engineer. I've been making money online since I was 17 by doing small freelance jobs.

However in the past year and a half things have gone pretty well for me and I can outsource most of my work. I'm currently earning around $40-50/day by working part time and I flip websites that fetch around $5k+/yr.
    Once I graduate I plan to do an MBA or a business related degree and I hope to keep this going part time. After that I will most likely think of getting into this full time.

pixeldawn, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  4. nikvn

nikvn Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am from India living in India(Kerala state).I am happy that this tread got great attention and many great comments.I am also very fond of online marketing.Now I am concentrating on affiliate marketing.Lack of concentration is the main problem I am facing now.I try different ideas simultaneously.

I am sure that I will win as an online marketer.It is very difficult to convince my parents that I am doing something that will bring me fortune in the future.I made around $2000 from online in the past 10 months.I aim minimum $1000/Month.Hope I can do it soon:)

nikvn, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  5. peepin2me

peepin2me Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nah. I live in one of the metros and I've never had downtime over the past 6 months or so. It depends on what connection one goes for.

peepin2me, Apr 19, 2009 IP
  6. ash517urs

ash517urs Peon

Best Answers:
    I am from India and have been making my living online from last 10 years, started out with selling an small
    ebook package with resell rights, and Now I make $ 2,000+ from adsense and almost $3,000 from my products.

So I personally don't think, it matter where you stay, what matters most is the passion and the learning curve.

I have seen lots of up's and down's in my online business but at the end its much fruitful than getting a job offline and earning a limited income.

"Don't Underestimate yourself and think of what you can do, rather Just think what you want to do and Just Do it"

Hope this helps.

Thanks

ash517urs, Apr 21, 2009 IP
  7. shreenidhi

shreenidhi Peon

Best Answers:
    I am an India, and earn about $3000-4000 per month online, mainly affiliate sales and adsense.

Have a day job as CEO of a finance company too.

shreenidhi, Apr 27, 2009 IP
  8. rajindersingh

rajindersingh Peon

Best Answers:
    canvas photo

One of the most common problems in drawing is lack of structure. You can see it when the eyes don't quite line up right, or when the handle on a cup looks odd, or when a figure's arms are too long. More often than not, the artist has dived into drawing details, and all the detailed areas haven't quite matched when joined together. To avoid this, you need to sketch the structure first, then build up the detail.
    This approach is similar to the 'step by step' method of circles and ovals that you will often see in drawing lessons, where the picture is broken into simple shapes. But instead of two-dimensional, flat shapes, now you need to look for three-dimensional ones that you will sketch in perspective
    Start with fairly simple objects and then try more complicated ones. One useful approach is to imagine the object that you want to sketch is made of glass, visualizing the hidden edges of the object so that you can draw them. Lightly pencil in the whole form, including lines you can't see, will help you accurately show perspective and proportion.

AKVIS Sketch is an award-winning program for conversion of photos into pencil sketches and watercolor drawings. Make any photo look like a B&W or color drawing, imitate the technique of graphite or color pencil, charcoal or watercolor painting
    Sketch can be used on many occasions. Surprise your friends and relatives by presenting them their pencil portraits. Make a watercolor drawing out of a photo from your last nature shooting to decorate your room. Convert your own photo into a color sketch to print on a T-shirt. Create a comic out of your party videos.
    AKVIS Sketch has a simple interface with a few sliders. At first you can process the image with the default settings and then touch up the photo adding color, or trying different techniques - from pencil to charcoal or watercolor. You can make the hatching denser or finer and change the pitch angle of strokes. After that, you can apply a texture to imitate a painting on a canvas

rajindersingh, Apr 27, 2009 IP
  9. niralimarwadi

niralimarwadi Peon

Best Answers:
    Indians are not much success in online money. Most of the offers are only for USA.

niralimarwadi, Apr 27, 2009 IP
  10. pixeldawn

pixeldawn Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    wtf..people have to spam in this thread too.

pixeldawn, Apr 30, 2009 IP
  11. jhn2001

jhn2001 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Perhaps he's a successful indian spammer who makes his living online lol .

jhn2001, May 1, 2009 IP
  12. anw001

anw001 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am an Indian too. Even though I am not earning a lot from internet right now but I am relatively a newbie. I hope the earnings will pick up soon. I am currently earning more than $100 per month. It may be peanuts, but in Indian currency it converts to 5000. So its not too bad! And within a few months if it becomes 3 to 4 times the current earnings inshaallah, it is almost a full time income by Indian standards.

anw001, May 1, 2009 IP
  13. johnkhoo

johnkhoo Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not indian, but i do know many Indians are doing freelance online and earn few of hundreds US dollar every month. Some of them even earn more than thousands every month. If you observe carefully, there are Indians who earn from Google Adsense itself already US100++per day in Hubpages. This haven't include her other online businesses. Also, you can also observe in many freelance market place, like www.getafreelancer.com, there are many indian providers who bid for jobs and get paid very good amount of money when they get the jobs done.

johnkhoo, May 7, 2009 IP
  14. CoolDevelopR

CoolDevelopR Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm Indian, but living in the US! I wouldn't turn to online marketing as a full job, but rather a supplement to your current job. I think of it as a part-time job to make money in my off-hours.

CoolDevelopR, May 7, 2009 IP
  15. Andrew609

Andrew609 Peon

Best Answers:
    I personally am not Indian. However I know friends whom are Indian that make enough money to support college and still have money left over for leisure uses.

Just remember sometimes the tough gets going. Stay in there. :)

Andrew609, May 7, 2009 IP
  16. Internetobserver

Internetobserver Peon

Best Answers:
    Dear,
    Don't worry , adsense banning genuine accounts could be thing of past as sooner or later we will have neutral agencies which will keep tab on the activities of advertizing networks as well as publishers. Don't forget that there are several new adnetworks like Infolinks which have increased their publisher base and sooner or later they will be paying at higher rate.
    If Adsense does too much of dirty business it will lose its publisher base. Most of the clicks and impressions that Adsense gets is from the websites of the publishers despite of the fact that it has got its dedicated online services, clicks generally happen on the publisher websites.

Internetobserver, Jul 31, 2010 IP
  17. shabbirbhimani

shabbirbhimani Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense has and will always be a very small part of total Google income.

shabbirbhimani, Aug 2, 2010 IP