1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The return of Slavery

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Kraven2, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Better is measured by effect. If his article with typos outsells yours with perfect writing he wins.

It all comes down to the almighty dollar.

But if you are that confident, why not take him up on the dare and do a writing duel? Funny fact is that nobody ever did, so you could be the first :)

Kraven2, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  2. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Contentboss, with regard to Ramsey's kids eating burgers...one could say he simply "knows his audience."

YMC, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  3. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    That is not correct. Most people tend to forget the geographical factor, when they optimize a page. If someone from America searched for the term, `coffee,' they would get different results than someone searching from the United Kingdom. Making a website location related is a tougher task than vanilla SEO.

P.S.: Also, no major corporation occupies the top spot for the term `coffee.' :)

parsibagan, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  4. j3rr3my8

j3rr3my8 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well the geographical factor is an issue, but I still think the same applies. As I've said before, I'm in England, and here, wikipedia is the first result shown for 'Coffee', but the second and third are large corporations, the third being myflavia, which is a Mars product. I used to do linking and content creation for myflavia, and I know what their budget is to get up there ,and it's big (not that I saw a lot of it!) I'm not ruling out being able to get up there, I just think it is difficult. But I take what you're saying, everything is local!

Kraven, for about the fourth time, dyadvisor has never challenged me to an article writing contest! I guess people are just not reading the full thread... besides which, it is pretty much impossible to give a definitive answer to what is better. Getting to the top of google is great, it's fantastic, but if what is there is not any good, then it is not going to convert. I'm not even saying that anything he writes is not going to be good, I am just saying that something like article writing is very very subjective, and something like an article writing contest would only ever result in more arguments about how we judge such things.

j3rr3my8, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  5. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    j3rr3my8 I lost count how many times I stated this before, but it is an open challenge to anyone. He stated that many times in several threads.

Kraven2, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  6. j3rr3my8

Best Answers:
    Well feel free to read what I just said for the reasons why such a challenge would serve no purpose

7. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm really puzzled. Search results for the term `coffee' on `google uk' does not have `myflavial' in the top 10 slots.

1st Wiki
    2nd Whittard of Chelsea
    3rd Costa Coffee

And yes, I tried querying twice. Once after clearing the browser cache. :-/

parsibagan, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  8. j3rr3my8

Best Answers:
    ah... ok- sorry still signed into gmail - so that warps your results these days to sites recently visited etc. Nope yours will be right, as long as you're signed into gmail!

9. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh I read them, and decided it was better to refrain from responding, as what I would have replied would not have been very nice ;)

Doing my best not to start a pissing match here.

Kraven2, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  10. j3rr3my8

Best Answers:
    But, results are kind of the same anyway. Whittards of Chelsea and Costa both massive companies with lots of SEO budget I expect

11. j3rr3my8

Best Answers:
    Doing my best not to start a pissing match here.[/QUOTE]

Seems to me like that's exactly what you're trying to do...

12. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have no doubts it will end up like that if you choose to continue down this road.

Kraven2, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  13. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I get

1. Wikipedia page for Coffee
    2. Startbucks
    3. Gevalia

gvannorman, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  14. j3rr3my8

Best Answers:
    Do you mean the road of answering your posts in the same manner that you answer mine? Or the road of trying to make peace with several other people on here which is the road that I have happily negotiated in the last twenty four hours or so?

If you didn't want a p1ssing match you wouldn't keep attacking me, which you have been doing by way of dissecting my posts.

We're all friends here now, why don't you let sleeping dogs lie?

15. j3rr3my8

Best Answers:
    Are they the US results Gvannorman?

16. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Which would be the road you are on in this thread.

First of all I am not dissecting your posts but addressing them point by point. Wouldn't want to leave anything important out.
    Second of all if you view that as an attack, I guess that's in your head. It seems to me like you can only handle being the one dishing out, but when the favor is returned you are suddenly attacked?

Yes I am answering you in the same fashion you are responding to me, seems to me that is the way you prefer it, or you would use a different tone yourself no?

as for sleeping dogs, I am not after getting into a pissing match with anyone, but I won't walk away for it either.

As far as I am concerned you were out of line here, and if you choose to continue that's your call not mine. Don't expect me to walk away from something I believe to be correct about.

You can take this down any path you choose, I'm an easy guy and tend to give people what they are after :)

Kraven2, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  17. WebBuddy

WebBuddy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just for the record - Results for Coffe In India
    1. Wiki
    2. www.indiacoffee.org - Coffee Board of India
    3. Cafe Coffe Day
    4. Coffee @ NationalGeographic.com
    5. coffee-soft.org ( a groupware application)

So, not the best position, but still on first page - it shouldn;t be too hard tp break into spot 5.

WebBuddy, Jul 30, 2010 IP
  18. Mystique

Mystique Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for point me at what's now discussed here.

Mystique, Jul 30, 2010 IP
    YMC likes this.
  19. j3rr3my8

Best Answers:
    Ok so maybe not the best example in the world, but if were talking about search terms which the big companies are going for in whatever particular region you are in, it might be difficult.

That's the point I am making. I don't know, try bean to cup, or coffee machine, or espresso machine to see what I mean -search terms that big business go after will be hard to break into, because they have industry professionals buying links, cvreating backlinks gthrough viral campaigns, people embedding links into well written articles etc etc. It's tough, that's all, but no one is saying it's impossible :)

20. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I was asked about "make money online" after a bit of research I feel that it could be relative easy to break the top 10. The number 1 position really does not have a hold on it very well. Except for backlinks, the site has around 11,000 but with a bit of work and steady link building that could be out done. Which is why I wanted to talk to you.

gvannorman, Jul 30, 2010 IP