1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

AdSense Revenue Increases 200% by filtering MFA sites.

Discussion in 'Reporting & Stats' started by cupid9, Sep 23, 2006.

1. keithluneau

keithluneau Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the tip, it's new to me! lol I'll try it out now and report what I find.

keithluneau, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  2. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes it works because those spammy sites (MFA and many others) are paying google peanuts per thousand impressions. So guess how much google pays you from these advertisers?

While there is competition from Adwords advertisers and these advertisers earn money for you when clicked, there is the anomoly of those bulk purchasers which have to be placed on sites somewhere for google to collect revenue from.

Rod, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  3. cupid9

cupid9 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, google does sort the ads by their cost per click but also taking into account of their Click Through Rate (CTR)! For example, one MFA site can rank top even it pays 0.01 per click to you because it has such a high CTR. :(

cupid9, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  4. justasitesbuyer

justasitesbuyer Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought the highest ads are displayed first? Won't filtering them decrease your revenue?

justasitesbuyer, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  5. cupid9

cupid9 Peon

Best Answers:
    1. Visit your own sites showing AdSense

2. Right click on the ad title and copy the link location (if you're using FireFox)

3. Paste the link location in your text editor, I suggest using the Notepad

4. In my case, I get this very long link location. Identify the destination url of the ad.
    http: // pagead2.googlesyndication . com/pagead/iclk?sa=l&ai=MudYFUIDugiusgf46984UIGju78sagHG89HjhgyuUyguS7sd8&num=1&adurl= http: // allthehealth. net/health/6/health/health/Health . html &client=ca-pub-0123456789012345&nm=30

5. Copy the destination url of the ad and load it into your browser

6. See whether the destination page is a Made-For-AdSense (MFA) site. How?

If the destination page satisfies any of the criterias below, it's a MFA site and you should filter it as soon as possible.
    - The page has no content but only blocks of AdSense, AdSense for Search and AdSense Referral
    - The page has very very limited content like a paragraph of words but many blocks of AdSense on top of it / around it
    - The page has a few links to other sites with block of AdSense on top of them / around them
    - The site doesn't add any value to your user's online experience (this one is quite subjective)

7. In my (this) case, I have identified it's a MFA site. So I add allthehealth.net to my filter list. BTW, AdSense team, do you mind to change the name of the filter from 'Competitive Ad Filter' to 'MFA Filter' since I believe 'MFA Filter' is more appropriate/suitable/relevant to most AdSense publisher.

8. Do not add www[dot]allthehealth[dot]net or http://allthehealth[dot]net/health/6/health/health/Health[dot]html to your filter. Instead, add allthehealth.net to block all ads from this site. Read here.

9. Check your site 4 hours later (as suggested by AdSense) or one day later (as suggested by me) and repeat all the steps above until all AdSense ads appearing on your site add true value to your users' online experience.

10. Check your AdSense two weeks later and you'll see significant increase:D in your AdSense earnings. If you AdSense earnings remain the same, then congratulations to you because you're a responsible webmaster taking care of your visitors' online experience.:) If you AdSense earnings decrease, then you should make a big decision in your life on which one is your priority: your visitors' online experience or your online revenue (AdSense earnings). If online revenue is your top priority, then I suggest you to join MFA industry, one of the fastest growing and most welcomed by Google industries in the world. :mad:

P.S.Thanks to MFA site owners for adding negative reputation to me for this post.:cool:

cupid9, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  6. prilep

prilep Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Cupid9 thank you for that information! It really works!!! I selected my categories i put the websites in the google adsense filter yesterday and today i made 12$. I never made more than 2 or 3. But today i made 12 and it was amazing. If it continues like this it would be awesome. Ill update this post on what i will make today. Thanks

- Prilep :)

prilep, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  7. cupid9

cupid9 Peon

Best Answers:
    You're welcome. It's my pleasure to help my friends to fight with MFA sites. Also thank KLB for adding positive rep to me. At least, I know I'm not alone!:)

cupid9, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  8. MorgansMom

MorgansMom Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the info...I read about it before but I've been too busy (lazy) to do anything about it. I'll work on that today.

MorgansMom, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  9. Zedzero

Zedzero Peon

Best Answers:
    this site is great, but it only generates a list of 200 sites. is there a way to get the whole list, regardless of categories?

Zedzero, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  10. prilep

prilep Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think that google only allows 200 in their filter. And i think it generates the 200 best ones.

prilep, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  11. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Remember that Adsense is also delivered on a regional basis, so those siteowners in Australia, UK, or wherever should realize that local MFA sites could appear with .com.au, .co.uk, etc suxffixes.

These sites are not on blacklists yet.

Even US site owners who derive income from other English speaking countries should be aware that MFA/spammy Adsense ads could be appearing on your sites without your knowledge. To get around this you really need someone in that country to check your site(s).

Rod, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  12. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    Since we are limited on how many domains we can exclude, probably the best course of action is to focus on ads that are geo-targeted towards the countries that produce the most traffic for our site. The list provided by the bad ads blacklist is a good starte, but one should also look for MFA sites using the Google AdSense preview tool for Internet Explorer that allows one to see what ads are being displayed for specific countries.

KLB, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  13. anversli

anversli Active Member

Best Answers:
    Can anyone confirm that using this list is not against the Adsense Tos. Because I don't wanna risk my account.

anversli, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  14. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    Why would it be against the TOS? We are allowed to add any domain we want to our competitive filter list. Google themselves have suggested adding domains to this list that we thought were inappropriate. We are simply trying to improve the quality of ads that our users see. This is the spirit of what Google wants. We aren't committing fraud. We are simply exercising our ability to control what sites we promote on our website. I've always done the same thing for religious ads and snake oil remedies.

All we are doing is reducing the pool of potential advertisers to our site. In theory if what Google is telling us is true this should reduce our earnings not increase them because there will be fewer site competing for our ad slots. Personally I don't care whether this increases or decreases my revenues. I'm tired of my users being misled by MFA arbitrage sites. All these sites do is reduce the likelihood that users would click on ads in the future because of the bad experience they had with one of these ads.

Something has to be done to clean out these MFA arbitrage sites and it is obvious that Google isn't able to do it on their own.

KLB, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  15. prilep

prilep Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If it wasant allowed why would google have a filter for it?;)

prilep, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  16. cupid9

cupid9 Peon

Best Answers:
    You don't have to. You can always use AdSense Preview Tool for IE for free to view the ads shown in other countries.

cupid9, Sep 25, 2006 IP
  17. KLB

KLB Peon

Best Answers:
    I did use the AdSense Preview tool first and many of the domains provided by the bad ad domains site had actually blocked as a result of my use of the AdSense Preview Tool.

KLB, Sep 25, 2006 IP
  18. anversli

anversli Active Member

Best Answers:
    I add the list and we will see wats gonna be :)

anversli, Sep 25, 2006 IP
  19. casperl

casperl Peon

Best Answers:
    I checked my ads today and found 50 or more MFA or useless sites. I am happy to hide those ads from my visitors.. I was not aware of such ads can be shown in my site. I will check my sites regularly and remove useless ads. Thanks for the tip!

casperl, Sep 25, 2006 IP
  20. Ellora

Ellora Peon

Best Answers:
    This makes sense. Thanks. I was wondering about this too.

Ellora, Sep 25, 2006 IP