1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making google re crawl pages from a website

Discussion in 'Google' started by redhits, Jul 26, 2010.

I have some very old website, with 6-12 months +++ content. I updated some content, and added a few new pages. I resubmitted the sitemap.txt file to google.... and guess what, the new pages are up there, but the content from old pages aren't updated in google yet. What i can do?! Is there anyway to "ping google", so i can tell it "hey , i just changed content on this very old website?!" ?!

redhits, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  2. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    Well you can't really dictate how often Googlebots will revisit your website given that you've just updated an old website. It'll take time or you can try submitting your new content on social bookmarks such as Digg, stumbleupon, etc.. Social bookmarks are a great way to let the web know that you have new content and eventually, Google will pick it up as well.

- Gr

Grimm, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  3. AirForce1

AirForce1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Building new back links directly to your updated old pages would be the best method to deal with such condition, especially from high PR, niche relative authority sources. :)

all the best,

AirForce1, Jul 26, 2010 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  4. edcpartners

edcpartners Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In addition to what AirForce1 said, the easiest way to go about it would be to link to the pages you want to update quickly directly from your site's homepage.

edcpartners, Jul 26, 2010 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  5. dogmatch

dogmatch Peon

Best Answers:
    Getting some do-follow links from High PR sites can (will) improve the spider visit frequency. Look at each link as a road to you site - and more roads means move visits! People telling that PR does not matter have not completely understood the concept behind the algorithm ;-)

dogmatch, Jul 27, 2010 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  6. blings

blings Peon

Best Answers:
    Get fresh links for those old pages you got and wait for google to recrawl it and update the cached page (if there is)

blings, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  7. redhits

redhits Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah there is cache,etc.. .the sites still ranks very well in keywords, having like 700 uniques from google each month... but the website have not been updated for almost 1 year...

I see now that google took care to index www.softgroups.com/index.php as a new page, but it still did not re-index www.softgroups.com ?!
    won't this hurt my ratings?! because i will have duplicated content? /index.php will have same content as / ?! won't this hurt my rating?! maybe i should change the links from menu to go to / insted of /index.php from now on?!
    http://www.google.com/#q=site:softg...KUC&start=0&sa=N&filter=0&fp=1e3950c0dc0b2ded

redhits, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  8. Jim4767

Jim4767 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    edcpartners, yes, that is what I do each time I add a new page. I post a link to the new page in the "Recent..." section I have on my home page. That should also work for old pages that may have fallen between the cracks.

Jim4767, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  9. julietevents

julietevents Peon

Best Answers:
    Submit your content on Bookmarking websites like Digg, Reddit and Mixx its a good way to let the web know that you have new content and any update in your websites...

julietevents, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  10. rena

rena Peon

Best Answers:
    Should crawl automatically.. this web master tool may be helps.. any how request for reconsideration through webmaster tool

rena, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  11. andymoo

andymoo Peon

Best Answers:
    My suggestion:

Homepage links
    Links on dedicated most recently updated page
    Off site links using keywords that have bought that page traffic as the anchors
    Social links: Twitter, FaceBook, bookmarking sites
    Publish dates in sitemaps, increase priority of fresher content
    Use your RSS feeds off site to get more links back
    Ping the hell out of everything and notify everyone

You just got to remind the spiders how great your site is and a few nudges in the right direction and a few days of patience and testing should get results.

:)

andymoo, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  12. redhits

redhits Notable Member

Best Answers:
    what i can do now? because it indexed the new /index.php but not the / ?! won't be this dub content?! if i have same content on /index.php and on / ?!

is anything i can do to stop google do this stupidity?! can i do an 302/302 redirect from .htaccess for /index.php to / ?! will this work?! even if / it's called from /index.php ?!

redhits, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  13. Grimm

Grimm Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not Google being stupid, Googlebots are merely doing their job. Don't implement a 302 either, that is only a temporary redirect and Googlebots will still consider those two URLs as different entities. What you should implement is a 301 permanent redirection to signify that this location has been permanently moved to a new one. :)

Grimm, Jul 28, 2010 IP
  14. Michael smith

Michael smith Peon

Best Answers:
    making a site in html is the best for google crawler for re crawl.

Michael smith, Jul 29, 2010 IP