1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

The return of Slavery

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Kraven2, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    If it was that one, no wonder it rings no bells I fell asleep during that movie :D

Kraven2, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  2. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    You are right Gvannorman The movie was network, where people were going beserk, screaming out the windows. But all talk is cheap without action. Then somethings appear rigged, I have 3 bogs in the all time top 15. Suddenly on the one addressing this issue, all the outside 5 stars are gone. Despite 1,100 reads, stars, and comments, my other 2 blog posts are ahead with less. Oh well, even the biggies are allowed to participate, holding this one back further. It appears that only the writers care who are having their reputation held back. Should of never mentioned that cat. Tomorrow is another day. One determined person can coral and make lamb chops out of cheap buyers and sellers.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
    dyadvisor, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  3. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So, Dy do you think that DP is rigging the post to keep others from reading it? I'll just post it in my signature and drive traffic to it. We need to keep the word going. But, maybe its time for some action. We have gotten the word out. Now its time to back up some of the words.

On to the next step.

gvannorman, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  4. dyadvisor

dyadvisor Peon

Best Answers:
    Well it is okay that one blog has 400 reads, and 2 stars, and 1 comment to put it in best at #11. But this one on exploitation of writers, and corruption has 1,100 reads, 5 stars inside and out (no more) and about 30 comments. I am not a math teacher but that does not add up. I guess quality article writers know how to write, even on their not best days. Can add up their dollars, but cannot set the program. I WILL JUST SAY IT WAS ANOTHER BIG ERROR. I am glad I know both right and write. Could there be internal participation in the low price area where middlemen can clean up? I do not truly know, so I will not guess. hmm.....hope that helps

dyadvisor, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  5. gvannorman

Best Answers:
    Well, Kraven made this thread and brought it this far. With this thread they have made the exploitation of writers here on DP mainstream. Your blog post had a huge part of that also. So, what is the next step. Is there a way to take over the low priced end of the market here on DP. I believe there is, and with just a bit of work and the writers who are tired of being exploited working together we can all start to see a more appropriate rate for our work.

I think that we can do this. Lets just start banding together with the other writers here and see what happens.

6. j3rr3my8

j3rr3my8 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow. Am I the only person looking through this thread laughing to myself about all the bad grammar and punctuation that is being used by these so called writers who are complaining about the lack of money they are earning from their work?! Gvannorman - there are more spelling mistakes, missed apostrophes and poor sentences in your posts than I know what to do with, and I wouldn't ask for too much help from dyadvisor who writes paragraphs like this

"You seem to be fortunate to delicately balance on the tightrope. Others though would rapidly following you, fall to the sword below." I particularly like 'would rapidly following you', which is one of the worst srtings of words I have ever seen. Basically, it doesn't even make sense!! Awful writing skills from a so called expert!!!!! Maybe you meant 'Others though will rapidly follow you, and fall on the sword below. That lesson's for free Dyadvisor.

I don't claim to be the best writer in the world but I can spell, I know how to construct a sentence, and I have a general understanding of how the English language works. Dyadvisor, you might have a few tricks up your sleeve in relation to SEO but you can't write.

Sorry to have a bit of a rant but talk about the pot calling the kettle black. In my opinion half of the people posting in this thread don't deserve to be paid any more than $5 per article

gvannorman, you look like you are trying hard to get on with work on here, and I have to say that I would advise you to keep clear of people who claim to be experts who can't even put a very simple sentence together. Good luck mate.

j3rr3my8, Jul 26, 2010 IP
    YMC likes this.
  7. j3rr3my8

Best Answers:
    Oh and I just had a look at the link at the bottom of your site, best article service or whatev er it is... best article? How can they produce the best article when they can't spell most of the words on their home page!!! Here's the first line of text on the site after headers,

Basically we provide Advanced SEO Services to business of any size and any budget

Unbelievable!!! This is the worst site I have ever seen. I'm presuming from this awful sentence above that Best service or whatever it is called has only produced, and will only produce services for one client, because if that was not the case, surely they would have used the commonly used plural form of the word business, which any mastermind (or moron for that matter) will know is businesses.

Unbelievable stuff guys, and you wonder why you don't get paid enough for jobs whn you are applying for work on here with a link like that at the bottom of your page!

8. Blue Star Ent.

Blue Star Ent. Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    WHEN you can start spelling "WHEN", then it will be good time to start correcting others. :) :)

Blue Star Ent., Jul 26, 2010 IP
  9. j3rr3my8

Best Answers:
    Ha ha, well I had a feeling that someone would bother to go through my post with a fine toothed comb, but hey, I can take a little quibble over a typo. Typo's are one thing, terrible sentences are another entirely, and lets not forget that I'm not the one harping on about not getting paid enough for my work...

Well spotted though :)

Blue Star Ent. likes this.
  10. Blue Star Ent.

Best Answers:
    No problem. :) No one, including me, is perfect.

Blue Star Ent., Jul 26, 2010 IP
  11. thaismr

thaismr Peon

Best Answers:
    My 2 cents: MS Word's grammar check, people!

thaismr, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  12. DreamingBig

DreamingBig Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It looks like a typo to me, but I might be wrong!

DreamingBig, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  13. gvannorman

Best Answers:
    First of all I think that coming on here and critiquing the posts of others is a great way to get your own posts proofread. I am sorry that this thread has brought out the fact that there are some writers on here that seem to be underpaid. I for one really come here to fill in the slow periods of my day. Now, yes I have taken a job on DP and at one time I was getting paid pennies for my work. Now, I am a little bit above that rate. The thing here is not how these posts are being written. I for one could care less how the spelling is done in the post. The point is that buyers seem to demand high quality work but they are paying low quality rates. Do you see what is being said here?

If not then you might just be one of the "beer money" buyers. If you really want to start on someone for how they write why don't you just purchase some work from one of the writers here on DP and pay lets say ten cents per word and then you can tell then what to write and how to write it. If you are paying 1 cent then you should be getting a nice load of "crap" in return.

As for any of my posts having spelling errors or grammar mistakes. Maybe a missed question mark, apostrophe, commas here and there. That does not really bother me. I would however like to thank you for proofreading my site. I tried to get someone to do that for me, but everyone wanted to get paid. Wait, that is what this thread is all about. It does not really matter now you did it for me. Take a look at the rest of my site and proofread it at your earliest chance. I would appreciate it beyond belief.

14. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Any specific reason because of which you're blaming me, along with many other writers on this thread? I am not as good a writer as you, because I do not know, in which situation, a writer uses dual punctuation marks.

parsibagan, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  15. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, so wrong in so many ways. Every word you write online should be viewed through the eyes of a potential customer. Trust me, potential customers can and do research your online presence. You would be surprised at how much research some folks do prior to hiring someone providing web services.

Think about what you've said in this one post and how a customer would view it...

Who cares about spelling? Is that a joke?

You admit you need help proofreading your own site. Any buyer seeing that has to assume that anything he buys from you will need to be corrected as well.
    If you want to command professional rates, you have to become more professional about your own business. Every missed question mark, apostrophe and comma represents who you are as a writer. Forum posts can be easily edited and there's very little excuse for a professional writer to not proofread everything they post online.

YMC, Jul 27, 2010 IP
    Tyler Banfield likes this.
  16. Blue Star Ent.

Best Answers:
    That is a run-on sentence... :) :)

There are smileys here, okay ??

Blue Star Ent., Jul 27, 2010 IP
  17. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Picky, picky. You are right. I just hope others here realize that I am trying to help them and not attack them.

YMC, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  18. Blue Star Ent.

Best Answers:
    I never thought otherwise. :) I believe like many do here. If they want professional articles, they need to pay professional prices.

Blue Star Ent., Jul 27, 2010 IP
  19. parsibagan

parsibagan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Exactly! You hit the head on the nail.

E&OE

parsibagan, Jul 27, 2010 IP
    Blue Star Ent. likes this.
  20. Kraven2

Kraven2 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow! You get busy for a few days and look what happens. Well, lets see what we can make of this:

First of all your comments are besides the point of this thread. If you do not see that, go read the OP. Second, before you start about the spelling from Dyadvisor, I would like to request you read up on him first. You will quickly find the reason. Feel free to place your foot in your mouth afterwards

I guess this proves my other point. Go re-read the OP and find out why I created it.

The other replies are directed towards the one I now responded to, so there is no need for me to go in to those.

@ j3rr3my8: Thank you for playing though :)

Kraven2, Jul 27, 2010 IP