1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

TV/Movie Site Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Business' started by !Unreal, Nov 11, 2008.

1. jammo

jammo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi all

well as my site has been banned somehow by yidio submitting my links this has caused a bit of traffic loss :(

does anyone know any good sites where i can add my links apart from

sidereel
    yidio
    tvduck
    alluc

also would like for any movie sites where i can submit my links

jammo, May 7, 2010 IP
  2. cinema

cinema Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Submit your links to themoviehub.info just like you do on those other sites.

cinema, May 7, 2010 IP
  3. D3rek

D3rek Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    how do you drive traffic to a movie site? I tried using sidereel but i am banned from it because i uses cpa gateway. Are you guys monetizing the site using different medium? advice appreciated. thanks

D3rek, May 30, 2010 IP
  4. ColorWP.com

ColorWP.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you use CPAlead - go for SEO. If you want to use Sidereel to drive traffic - place banner ads or CPA offers (as banners too, not forced ones, you can place misleading text like "Download this episode" too, just make sure that the page indeed has the episode and the banner company allows such faking practices).

ColorWP.com, May 31, 2010 IP
  5. tanay46

tanay46 Peon

Best Answers:
    In my experience, visitors from sites like Sidereel etc doesn't convert well. [They don't click on ads etc] You're better off to get visitors from other sources, unless you want to earn from mainly CPM ads.

tanay46, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  6. ColorWP.com

Best Answers:
    Yeah, Sidereel users are smart now and spammy links are quickly reported and handled.

Btw, this thread is noticeably dying. Since I am subscribed to the thread, I've noticed that the updates had lowered from about 10 per day to 1 or 2 per month.

ColorWP.com, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  7. tanay46

tanay46 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, I noticed that too. Have people lost interest in using TV Show Sites to make money? I'm still making a good $1500+ a month with them, and I've seen many competitors site, and am sure they are making atleast that much if not more, so don't know why so many people have lost interest in this niche.

But I guess less competition is a good thing :)

tanay46, Jun 27, 2010 IP
  8. harrisq

harrisq Peon

Best Answers:
    I am new to uploading for $$, I recently created a blog @ fileswapz.wordpress.com to share a few of my collections online. I would like to know if someone has started a similar type blog and how they successfully marketed it?? What are the ways to market your blogs so you can attract more viewers and thus get more downloads?? Iam speaking in terms of file hosting type blogs where people can downlaod movies,tv shows etc?? I visited some forums and posted my links, some forums your not allowed to market your blog others allow you too. I am currently using fileserve as my filehosting platform because it has the highest payout and files don't get deleted once your a premium member. I would appreciate the help. Any feedback will be helpful..

harrisq, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  9. iTube

iTube Active Member

Best Answers:

i do have a tv show site but i gave up on already. i dont know but i just cant seem to earn from it. great job.

iTube, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  10. tanay46

tanay46 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, thats the problem with most people. They start something expecting magical and instant results. It doesn't happen, and then the look for something else to do. If they just focus on one method for sometime, they will get much better results.

tanay46, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  11. webmoney

webmoney Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yep, its long time run, not easy money as it looks like :)

webmoney, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  12. cinema

cinema Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well it is easy money if you slap a ton of surveys and manage to get links in some heavily populated places. I am part of the several communities and see this all the time..guys making a killing off surveys and other questionable advertising dollars..it is what it is..just keep in mind you are branding a site like you would any product so to think you will see money in the long term with short term tactics for dollars just isn't realistic. Just from the netflix affiliates plan at $16 per sign up you can make a mint of money if you know how to advertise it right.

My suggestion to those uploading for dollars..do not overlook smaller sites like www.cinemahaven.com you can easily submit novamov and megavideo links..takes you two seconds and on average each video you post will get a minimum of 200 views..200 views times 50 videos amounts to enough to earn yourself at least your megavideo membership free. I simply suggest if you want to make money off this you not only have a site but also upload videos..might as well maximize the dollars you can earn. At cinemahaven.com all you need is the megavideo link to the video the title, season and episode and a few tags..that's it. It's possible to submit 1 video a minute maybe even less time if you can type fast. I stopped with sidereel because of the deletion of links.

cinema, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  13. ColorWP.com

Best Answers:
    And do you mind telling us how we can profit from simply submitting Megavideo videos to a TV show directory? Branding the videos maybe?

ColorWP.com, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  14. surfville

surfville Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    this niche seems gonna die.. Big sites was getting caught and its pretty tough this time. Look at the biggest site movies links its done.

surfville, Jul 1, 2010 IP
  15. ColorWP.com

Best Answers:
    It's been said a lot of times. Instead of building one large site, build smaller ones. It takes more time to manage them, but it's safer and you can easily sell the low-performing ones, keeping the rest.

ColorWP.com, Jul 2, 2010 IP
  16. UAE Designer

UAE Designer Peon

Best Answers:
    If anyone has a really good updated wordpress movies database I would love to make them an offer on it!!!

budget: up to 100$

Or if anyone knows where to get one that would be great!

Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
    UAE Designer, Jul 6, 2010 IP
  17. TheStopNetworks

TheStopNetworks Peon

Best Answers:
    I think most people just expect to put up a link to an episode and make millions. Truth be told, that is not going to happen. Maybe years ago, but now there are literally thousands of sites with similar content.

So just putting up links, and forgetting about it wont get the job done. You need to continually update those websites. You need fresh content, you need to give users who have visited your site once a reason to come back, throw up recaps, throw up all kinds of news related to those sites etc.

If you use CPA lead, dont submit the episode to the site. Submit a recap for the episode to the news portion of that shows news, and you will instantly get 500+ people to your site. The key is building long term relationships, not short term. As long as your website is not already banned from sidereel, submit news...

Soon I will be putting together a membership site which features recaps of all the hottest TV shows, promotional videos and images, and even videos I created for episodes of the shows to promote on youtube.

It's all about promotion. Imagine instead of only having one single thing to promote for each episode, imagine having this:

1. The episode
    2. A full recap of the episode from somebody who actually watches the show, filled with keywords google will notice.
    3. A set of promotional photos for every episode (this alone not only gets visitors, but with the right plugin increases PAGEVIEWS of your site as well.)
    4. A promotional video (sneak peek at the episode for you to add to your own youtube account)

Again, thats four new ways to promote one single episode. So that will double your traffic, and its a way of not getting banned from sidereel. I know this, I was banned for using cpalead, I got my site un-banned and stopped posting links to episodes, instead I posted recaps of the show to their site, and everything has been fine since.

So look for this coming soon. Any questions, thoughts just let me know I will be glad to answer.

TheStopNetworks, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  18. tanay46

tanay46 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yea, that's what I do. I use 15 promotional methods for each episode (takes about 30 min in total). This ensures that I get 10000+ visitors to every episode I post. Thus making a lot.

Also, rather than posting 100 episodes daily, I only post a couple of episodes, from the most popular shows airing that day.

tanay46, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  19. Hermawan.Solihin

Hermawan.Solihin Peon

Best Answers:
    Good thread, I'm new to this niche...what it takes to make good content for this niche?

Hermawan.Solihin, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  20. TheStopNetworks

TheStopNetworks Peon

Best Answers:
    Good content for this niche is anything related to the show(s) you are covering. It is key to give visitors of your website reasons to go to your site when there are no new episodes to be posted. Even when they're episodes to be posted giving your visitors a one stop solution to get their fix for the show(s) you cover all in one spot is good.

TheStopNetworks, Jul 23, 2010 IP