1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help With Free Directories

Discussion in 'Directories' started by New To The Game, Jul 21, 2010.

Could anyone turn me on to some quality free directories. Also how important is it to find a directories that match your topic or will any directory work.

Thanks for the insight in advance.

New To The Game, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  2. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    You wanna help? Well, start with helping yourself

There is 40 threads on this page alone and if you take your time an read them,
    tomorrow you will have list of directories to offer to the next troll who're looking for them

:rolleyes:

fastreplies

fastreplies, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  3. New To The Game

New To The Game Peon

Best Answers:
    Is this all you do? Because I have been reading through them and I see where you love to jump in and talk trash and bash people and are anything but helpful in most of your posts, so do me the favor and go bug somebody else garbereplies. Thanks buddy!

New To The Game, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  4. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    Oh I see, you are not just a troll you are professional troll.
    First you read threads and then come up with some dumbass question

I wonder, how come you never made your 1st post in introduction forum but went to spam directories forum instead?
    I have feeling this is your Duplicate account and you been here before. Will see how long it takes before Mods find that.

fastreplies

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
    fastreplies, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  5. MelfromBoD

MelfromBoD Active Member

Best Answers:
    MelfromBoD, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  6. jitendraag

jitendraag Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I partially agree with fastreplies, it's not difficult to do a quick search. Infact the forum has a sticky to answer many common questions. Here is the thread : http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1226782, you can find many popular directory lists there.

Relevant niche and regional directories are better for SEO and traffic point of view but there are very few such directories anyway.

jitendraag, Jul 22, 2010 IP
    fastreplies likes this.
  7. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Its because it gets tiring, there have been plenty of threads with what you need, plenty of us have replied literally hundreds of times to requests like these.

The quality of the threads started here has hit rock bottom, that is why you might find some annoyance to these types of requests.

Ive noticed that a lot of these types of threads, started by so called new forum members often end their request with "thanks in advance" suggesting to me that they will have little intention of returning to the thread to discuss further, or that they simply take for granted that they will get what they want, that we all must be sitting here twiddling our thumbs, waiting to serve people who want lists served up to them on a plate.

Everyone wants lists now, perfect lists too, im aware that theres a book called something like "Dont make me think" but is there a book titled "Dont make me look" too?

You probably are not new to the game, you probably are a banned member or have multiple accounts and are kind of taking the michael with a name like that.

Similar to the members who are male and place an image of a jailbait type as their avatar or who live in india or pakistan yet put their location as the united kingdom, new york, canada, to appear as something they're not.

Have you considered that you're maybe the person who is bugging, not fastreplies bugging you.

We want to see quality threads, directory discussion, not lists upon lists of junk for lazy folk that call themselves webmasters.

pipes, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  8. New To The Game

New To The Game Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks jitendraag I didn't know there were regional directories.

First of all Pipes I am new to this. I just bought my first 7 domains two weeks ago. I'm far from a webmaster and have never claimed to be anything of the such. Second I asked if anyone had any quality directories they could turn me on to and if I need to find one that is in the same genre as my sites. I asked that question because you are right the threads are trash but that has more to do YOU than it does with me. This is the first thread I've ever been involved with. Someone who has been at this so long would have insight into which directories were easy to sign up for and use, as opposed to the pain in the ass ones that are more trouble than they are worth. Maybe I asked the question poorly but if you guys(the ones with 12,000 posts) did a better job of answering questions and spent less time fighting and bickering and accusing people of being something they're not maybe the threads that YOU HAVE BEEN APART OF WOULDN'T BE SO BAD!!! If you have problem with my thread than move on bro, no one is making you be a dick accept maybe those roids your pushing and using (you have 7 years experience right, and by the way you might want to prof read your drug dealing site, I was on there 2 minutes and found typo's already). So take your drug dealing small little shriveled piece of man meat down the road, in other words kick the bricks, because I have as much use for a drug dealer as you do for me it looks like. We clear?

New To The Game, Jul 22, 2010 IP
    CReed likes this.
  9. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    @New To The Game

Read this post (very first in this forum) and after you done, come back and tell us
    if you read it before you have posted would you post it in a fist place.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1226782&

Oh, don't forget to apologize to Pipes on your way back

fastreplies

fastreplies, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  10. MelfromBoD

MelfromBoD Active Member

Best Answers:
    To answer your question:

Ideally you want to submit to directories in your niche, but there probably aren't that many. So you will have to submit to HQ general free or paid directories. Btw avoid reciprocal directories.

Like fastreplies said, that first post will point in you in the right direction.

MelfromBoD, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  11. corvox

corvox Peon

Best Answers:
    I also suggest before posting to any directory to make sure you do some keyword research as well. The right titles on your submission can help a lot well the wrong ones will not help you at all.

I also suggest finding long tail keywords since they are not focus on as much as common keywords. Best of luck to you.

corvox, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  12. fastreplies

fastreplies Banned

Best Answers:
    And what keyword research have to do with free directories?

Why don't you explain what do you mean by right titles?

What is your post have to do with OP in a first place?
    Did you bother to read thread's topic and posts?

fastreplies

fastreplies, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  13. MelfromBoD

MelfromBoD Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you submit any keywords or long tail keywords instead of the site title to any reputable directory you will be declined and/or banned.

Terrible suggestion.

MelfromBoD, Jul 22, 2010 IP
  14. pipes

pipes Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Lol, im not a roid user, the thing is i have done a fantastic job of answering questions for people, ive literally answered your type of question more than 100 times, the thing is ive been more than friendly in the past, still try to be, im one of the few people who stayed here, 90% of the dir owners/users of this particular forum left, now its overun with requests, no contributions for those requesters, purely requests.

The roid site isn't mine, ive been renting out sig space here for a long time, so to clear it up, i dont sell steroids, nor use them, though i do think they are very useful for certain people.

Steroid use cant actually make anything smaller other than the testicles which is a temporary thing due to excess testosterone meaning the body will create less of its own, as far as im aware, i know that through gym use in the past and having trained (naturally) on and off since i was 14.

Yes we are clear.

There have been enough "dicks" here in the past to keep the handful of us that have remained here a bit cautious of trusting the new members, falling for the tricks that they attempt and all of that.

This is about as good as its gets now, amazingly i still fall for a few tricky threads from time to time, when im lacking in sleep and reply to something before realising what some of the members are up to.

Ive stayed here so clearly i must accept it otherwise i just wouldn't use the forum.

pipes, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  15. webmasterstanley

webmasterstanley Guest

Best Answers:
    can anyone give me directory submission sites of canada
    iam in desperate need
    please help me

webmasterstanley, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  16. freelistfool

freelistfool Peon

Best Answers:
    Here's another list of web directories. They are broken out by region and niche. You can use the search to find just the free one in your niche and/or location.

freelistfool, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  17. asphalt

asphalt Member

Best Answers:
    More than a thousand free web directories listed here. But I'm not promoting their service here, I only recommend manual submission.

asphalt, Aug 2, 2010 IP
  18. shrivcommediait

shrivcommediait Peon

Best Answers:
    HEllo friends

thanks to all provide the list of directory.....

shrivcommediait, Aug 3, 2010 IP