1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How to gets views for youtube videos?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by digiaads, Jul 17, 2010.

Hello Friends,

I was wondering if you can share your experience of promoting video on youtube. How to get millions of views? are there any innovative ideas those you can share? Please share anything you think can work..

Cheers..:cool:

digiaads, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  2. SeanM5

SeanM5 Peon

Best Answers:
    Two smaller tips for getting more views. These won't get you millions but will help a little.

1) Set up autoplay on your channel. Click the gray "Videos and Playlists" tab, make sure the layout is on player view and check the "Autoplay featured video". Then when everyone visits your channel it will automatically start playing that video. This will not get you millions of views or anything but most people don't seem to know that tip.

2) Make sure your video is properly tagged. Seems obvious but a lot of videos I notice have only one or two generic tags. The more tags you have the better. Tags are how people find your video by search, how it shows up in the related videos, etc. And a lot of websites use YouTube API to pull in videos by keyword, so make sure to spend few minutes tagging your videos.

SeanM5, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  3. digital29

digital29 Peon

Best Answers:
    The best strategy is to promote your video as much as possible right after your upload it. If the video gets many visitors in a small amount of time it will rank better for the keyword, and even get on the front page

digital29, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  4. digiaads

digiaads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks a ton.. I think this will work.. thanks again

digiaads, Jul 17, 2010 IP
  5. Lovage

Lovage Guest

Best Answers:
    I think it's good to upload your video as a video response to a more popular one, obviously related to yours. Good luck!

Lovage, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  6. angelmira

angelmira Peon

Best Answers:
    i see people post their video right away to fb and twitter, etc. i didn't even think of the autoplay, good point there

angelmira, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  7. SeanM5

SeanM5 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's something I forgot to mention. It's a feature called Activity Sharing and you can link your accounts so that it will automatically post your new video uploads to Facebook, Twitter, Google Reader, and Orkut. It's a nice "set it and forget it" feature. However in my testing I've found the feature to be quite spotty in regards to the time it takes to share (at least w/ Twitter). Sometimes it'll be quick, other times it can take 2 hours or so. So I ended up manually tweeting links to my videos, which gives you more flexibility anyway (adding a hashtag/customizing the message etc).

If you build up a decent base of Twitter followers (I had only 2-3k) this is a great way to make your video popular quickly. They click your video right away, retweet it, webmasters that follow you will embed it on their websites/blogs, etc. The most important thing for being successful on YouTube is to make one of their lists - "most popular videos in entertainment section last 24 hours", most favorited/highest rated, etc. From there a lot more people will see it. I got 1.25 million views from late January to the end of May this way which I think is pretty decent.

SeanM5, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  8. VedoMedia

VedoMedia Peon

Best Answers:
    you can buy the traffic, or you can make the traffic yourself using proxies and another browser..

VedoMedia, Jul 21, 2010 IP
  9. Joehema

Joehema Guest

Best Answers:
    If you got a popular website you could try embedding the video on every page, make the video 1x1 then add the autoplay feature with auto mute. Your going to have to search how to auto mute your videos cause youtube dose not give you this feature but there is ways to do it. If you got a popular website you could expect a lot of views.

Joehema, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  10. cliffcourse

cliffcourse Peon

Best Answers:
    I would tag my video properly and most searched keyword so i will get more traffic you should add such a video which is in most demand then you will get it

cliffcourse, Jul 23, 2010 IP
  11. J. Michael Browning

J. Michael Browning Peon

Best Answers:
    One thing to keep in mind when submitting your videos to YouTube, is the icon image. Recently, YouTube changed their practice to allow you to select from multiple frames throughout your video - however, you have to manually select this. Otherwise, it will snatch the frame from the exact middle of your video. If this frame is not intriguing or of some interest, most will skip over your video without watching.

J. Michael Browning, Jul 24, 2010 IP
  12. digiaads

Best Answers:
    I liked it. Thanks

digiaads, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  13. digiaads

Best Answers:
    Thanks all for valuable replies.. Looking for more people to join this thread.

digiaads, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  14. dillfly2000

dillfly2000 Member

Best Answers:
    Check the link in my sig, in my opinion, its the best tool I've ever used for youtube marketing.

They offer a free trial to get you started.

dillfly2000, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  15. Jonezyuk

Jonezyuk Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone know how to mute auto played videos? ive never found a way, i did use to post my videos in my sig on other forums i was on, did get me loads of views, but just annoying for other people who have to listen to it everytime they enter a thread i made a post lol

Jonezyuk, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  16. newera

newera Peon

Best Answers:
    you could make a funny video and start your business from there which would be great ... because most youtube viewers like funny items and videos

newera, Jul 26, 2010 IP
  17. softgen

softgen Peon

Best Answers:
    I am new to youtube method. I can not to buy any traffic method. So please tell how to get maximum traffic by proxy and another browser or anything else?

softgen, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  18. cjbay

cjbay Peon

Best Answers:
    cjbay, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  19. AdrianSC

AdrianSC Guest

Best Answers:
    If you have some money to invest I would recommend you to try with Youtube Promoted Videos. It works the same way than Google Adwords so you can choose how much you want to spend and try it for a while. There is even a Youtube Keyword Tool that helps you choosing your keywords. I have tried it recently and it works well for me.

Besides, videos that show "How to..." and tutorials are a really good source of traffic as well. Actually combining these kind of videos with Youtube Promoted Videos does really boost the number of views (at least it did it in my case).
    I hope it helps

AdrianSC, Jul 27, 2010 IP
  20. br3adman

br3adman Active Member

Best Answers:
    Submit a good video to began with and it will get views.

br3adman, Jul 27, 2010 IP