1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Is traffic from orkut and myspace bad?Please help!

Discussion in 'Guidelines / Compliance' started by sar420, Sep 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    Is it true that if I get a lot of my traffic from orkut and myspace then I coulkd be banned?

I always post my link in orkut communities which are related to my blog topic.
    None else. So its definitely targetted traffic that I get. But reading some posts here I am really confused. Plz help!

sar420, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  2. thilak

thilak Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't see a reason behind it because how can you control your inbound traffic ??

thilak, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  3. anurag_online

anurag_online Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    even i am giving links everywhere including messengers, orkut, hi5, etc dont think it is wrong else waiting for reply

anurag_online, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  4. sar420

sar420 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    well someone told me that its considerd unhealthy traffic..the traffic that comes from myspace, orkut, hi5 etc. Now my blog is about spirituality and supernatural, currently dealing with Nostradamus prophecies. So I post about it in the Nostradamus community and Black Arts Community.
    Obviously Im getting targetted traffic!!

Waiting for someone more knowledgable to reply

sar420, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  5. thilak

thilak Active Member

Best Answers:
    Nope, Surely not, You don;t have to fear anything abt it... Its OK to have traffic from these sites..

thilak, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  6. Abhik

Abhik ..:: The ONE ::..

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    no.. i guess its harmless..

Abhik, Sep 23, 2006 IP
  7. sar420

sar420 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    well there is another post in this forum...down below where there was a similar thread. There people said all things negative about such traffic

sar420, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  8. akamaimommie

akamaimommie Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's only bad if you are "spamming" your link on these social networks. Adsense doesn't like link spammers.

akamaimommie, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  9. Vexious

Vexious Peon

Best Answers:
    I think the reason why they don't like mail / bulletin traffic is it woudl be easy to put "GO TO my site and CLICK my ads for whatever"... and it would be hard for them to find this out... (unless someone reported you, which they cant really ban for because then whats from stopping people from reporting falsely due to they hate you?)

Vexious, Sep 24, 2006 IP
  10. sar420

sar420 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    to akamaimommie: well I really wonder whats their defintion of spamming becoz there r lots of first timers who clcik from orkut n visit my blog. N most of dem like it n comment positively.

To venxious:
    If thats the reason...its such an irony! Adsense seems to be a complex mixture of complications and ironies. Mysterious n full of suspense.
    Unreasoanbly unreasonable sometimes.....but honest I guess

sar420, Sep 25, 2006 IP
  11. Pinvader

Pinvader Guest

Best Answers:
    someone need to clarify on this..still not very clear for me

Pinvader

Pinvader, Sep 25, 2006 IP
  12. Vexious

Vexious Peon

Best Answers:
    Pinvader, if can go ether way man that why its not clear, some have been banned due to it, others have made thousands. I happen to know 2 people who have gone both ways... Its just like the issue with images next to your gads, some get away with it, others don't... Google isnt really good at giving the same definitive answer and the same responses to everyone...

Vexious, Sep 25, 2006 IP
  13. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Here is a tip :
    Drive all your traffic from those sites to a free hosted page, use auto redirection on that site so when a visitor reach it it will take him to your original page .
    this way you will kill the refferal tracking .

wissam, Sep 25, 2006 IP
  14. Rebecca

Rebecca Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Your post is very interesting, it really made me think. It made me wonder what if I had one site that was exclusively to advertise all the others. On that one site it would have no google ads but just advertisements about all my other sites and maybe some free stuff just to help keep the traffic rolling in. On that site I could advertise it however I wanted to like with surfing, pop ups or whatever(because on that site I wouldn't have Google adsense on it). Then, I would have all my text links on that site for the sites that do have adsense...there would be no incentive to click on any. Seems like it would be a great way to increase traffic. But Google is so restrictive, do you think they would have a problem with it?

Rebecca, Sep 25, 2006 IP
  15. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    That's what I exactly means, you are smart :rolleyes: ....
    They have no problem, you will not be doing something against TOS .
    GoodLuck
    Sheers ..

wissam, Sep 25, 2006 IP
  16. Vexious

Vexious Peon

Best Answers:
    But do you really know how far back google can track referals? your screwed if they go to your redirect page and find out your trying to by-pass their tracking methods = insta ban... I would NOT suggest this as it is an easy way to get blacklisted. Sending your visitors to a redirect page to hide referral is a bankable offense...its one of those sorta things you just gotta know...read in between the TOS lines..

Vexious, Sep 25, 2006 IP
  17. Indian

Indian Peon

Best Answers:
    Google wants their ads to be placed on genuine high quality sites. If you have a good site then your traffic mostly would be from search engines or other quality sites. If we search on this forum we will find people getting banned from AdSense because of traffic from MySpace. There are posts where people have asked Google if traffic from MySpace is genuine and Google has said its NOT genuine. Now why Google thinks this? Plain and simple...They dont like SPAM.

Not only MySpace/Orkut but lots & lots of traffic from a single referer will always raise a red flag.

Indian, Sep 26, 2006 IP
  18. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't use this techinique because I have a lot of traffic, but it is the only way to convert traffic from Myspace and others into quality technique, what about putting a link on that page so if a visitor wants it he will enter it a link like : We Are Moved ...
    no one will ben you for that :rolleyes:

wissam, Sep 26, 2006 IP
  19. kiran_deep11

kiran_deep11 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have a question.
    How do Google know that the traffic is comming from emails,orkut,myspace etc.

kiran_deep11, Sep 26, 2006 IP
  20. wissam

wissam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    AdSense ads do monitor all incoming traffic and store the top 10 and the last 50 reffer traffic source in your database for example, so when they look and find that your most traffic is not clean and coming from those sites, they may flage your site, smart price it, ban you or ban it .

wissam, Sep 26, 2006 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.