1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Article Marketing Link Building Test (Article Submission Services)

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by Zibblu, Jun 10, 2010.

I've done some "tests" of article marketing strategies that I've shared with DP in the past and that I've received a pretty positive response from.

I'm doing another one now because I've got a new service I'm using that I haven't tested yet and I think it's also important to make sure that things that have worked in the past are still working (because sometimes they aren't!)

The Details Of This Link Building Test Can Be Found Here (on my blog) but here's a quick version:

I'll be testing the link building power of Unique Article Wizard, Article Marketing Automation, ArticleRanks, Free Traffic System, & SEOLinkVine (my newest service.)

I'll be doing this by linking to specific hubpages (new pages created specifically for this test which have no other links from anywhere) which specific services (ie: each hubpage gets one - and only one - article submission service assigned to it.) I then write/spin an article with Magic Article Rewriter (I love this software) and submit it via each service (with the proper links in each article of course.)

I can then check back and see how many links are created by each article submission service (and what the quality of those links are.)

Each of these hubpages are about a related subject so that I can easily link to all of them with the same spun article.

I won't give the specific subject (trade secret!) but I will say it has to do with music. And this is something to consider as well, there's a possibility that certain submission services do better with certain subjects. So this test tells us specifically how they do in the Entertainment -> Music area. I think it's likely that if the services do well in one area they will do well in others as well, but still this is worth considering when looking at the results.

I'll be updating my blog and this DP thread with the results (as seen in Yahoo Site Explorer.)

And as I mentioned in my blog, I know that link count alone is not the end all. The quality of the links is important too. And of course what is most important in the end is how it effects search rankings. But that being said - I still think this is a valuable insight into how well these services actually work (or - just as importantly - don't work.) Plus I've found it's much more difficult to construct meaningful tests of how these services effect long term SERPS (because you have to create many pages with the same target keywords that are on same quality landing page - same domain - and there are so many variables involved that it's hard to know what is causing the success or failure.)

Doing tests like this in the past has helped me to know which services I should continue to use (and which were a waste of time and money.)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
    Zibblu, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  2. hklein

hklein Active Member

Best Answers:
    I really wonder what seolinkvine will do.

hklein, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  3. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    RE: SEOLinkVine

Me Too! I want to know if this $47/month is going to waste or not... It's an important thing to check up on these services and make sure they are worth your time and money.

I'll have my first update with early results in about a week but it takes awhile longer to get results that are really meaningful (you have to give time for the submissions to go out there and for the links to be picked up.)

Zibblu, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  4. garyl2k

garyl2k Active Member

Best Answers:
    I been using SEOlinkvine for almost 2 months now, though the keywords I been using are very tough keywords and I already have high rankings for these keywords, I ain't seen anything that impressive with the weaker keywords but I am prepared to give SEOlinkvine an extra few months before I will decide if it's worth the money or not.

I can tell you that my Wordpress stats plugin has picked up blog backlinks which where from my spun articles, though out of all the 800 published or so articles I'd say 40 are actually indexed by Google.

garyl2k, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  5. hklein

hklein Active Member

Best Answers:
    40/800 ? After how many weeks ? That's not a good result so far.

hklein, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  6. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    As far as Google is concerned, the 40 # is all that really matters. Who cares how many attempts are made by the software if you're getting back 40 indexed links? I'm not concerned with the % of success --- what matters is how many successes I get per submission.

Zibblu, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  7. hklein

hklein Active Member

Best Answers:
    More than one month later, are there some test results we could expect ? Does a new product like seolinkvine outperform competitors ?

hklein, Jul 15, 2010 IP
  8. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    The results of this test have been underwhelming so far, UAW is in the lead with 6 back links showing up in Yahoo Site Explorer as of July 5th... I'll do another check tomorrow for the latest #s.

Zibblu, Jul 18, 2010 IP
  9. ExtremistOak

ExtremistOak Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yahoo site explorer is not the best way to check incoming links, they are showing less and less why not try majestic or something

ExtremistOak, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  10. gocali2009

gocali2009 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Based on my own experience, SEOLinkvine is a good tool. You won't get #1 rankings for competetive keywords alone with it, but you will see clear results particularly for long tail keywords.

It's all about mixing up your backlink strategy.

gocali2009, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  11. sebastian_

sebastian_ Peon

Best Answers:
    sounds curios!

sebastian_, Jul 19, 2010 IP
  12. Zibblu

Zibblu Guest

Best Answers:
    Yes, I think this is the issue - When I do a test of how these tools effect search rankings (which is all that really matters in the end) they are doing as well as ever - but according to Yahoo Site Explorer they are bringing in fewer links. I think the explanation is that Yahoo is showing less (like Google has been doing for years.)

I'll try Majestic and see how the results differ.

---

Majestic SEO isn't working for me. It just says "no matches found." These are hubpages.com landers. I tried some hubpage landers that have good Google rankings and they had the same result ("no matches found") ... Any other suggestions on how to best check backlinks for a web 2.0 lander like hubpages.com?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
    Zibblu, Jul 21, 2010 IP